The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Has anyone had any offers/acknowledgements from Aston????

I sent my UCAS application off around 3 weeks ago and am yet to receive an offer (Business and Management) :frown: I still haven't even received an acknowledgement email!!

Is anyone in the same position or has anyone received an offer/acknowledgement?????????????????????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i haven't sent in my application in yet, but i am also applying to aston
i think it varies on how long some universities take to reply, so some unis will reply within the year, and some will reply after ucas has closed
i cant think of any examples, but i think that's how it works
good luck with your course :smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I guess I have to just give it time... It's just that I've had offers from all my other unis :/

Maybe I'll see you at Aston? :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah maybe they're waiting to see all the applicants first
And yeah maybe we will see each other :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

We usually start sending out offers around the end of December and January, rest assured if you've applied via UCAS we have everything from you. Unfortunately you'll just have to sit tight.

Josh :smile:
Reply 5
I sent my UCAS application on the 3rd of November and they gave me an offer on the 18th, it was for a Business and International Relations course, so I'm guessing it depends on the course and how popular the course is, in regards to the amount of applications they receive.

Good luck though, I'm pretty excited on going☺
Reply 6
Original post by Vladdy
I sent my UCAS application on the 3rd of November and they gave me an offer on the 18th, it was for a Business and International Relations course, so I'm guessing it depends on the course and how popular the course is, in regards to the amount of applications they receive.

Good luck though, I'm pretty excited on going☺

What offer did they give you?ABB or BBB?
Reply 7
Original post by sam1793
What offer did they give you?ABB or BBB?

ABB, but I think I could still get in with BBB.
Reply 8
Original post by Vladdy
ABB, but I think I could still get in with BBB.

Oh cool,what are your predicted grades and what subjects you doing?
Reply 9
Original post by sam1793
Oh cool,what are your predicted grades and what subjects you doing?

Im predicted BBB and I do Government&Politics, Applied Business and Philosophy, you?
Reply 10
I got an offer for International Business and Management :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Vladdy
Im predicted BBB and I do Government&Politics, Applied Business and Philosophy, you?

I do business,politics and economics but I'm applying to do business and politics.
Original post by step7hen
I got an offer for International Business and Management :smile:

I have applied for the same course but haven't yet received an offer 😕 When did you send your application? And what are your predicted grades?
Reply 13
I applied on the 11th of November and got an offer on the 17th...
I am predicted DDD but I expect D*D*D*
My GCSEs are average with all C's except a B in chemistry and a D in art :smile:
Hope you get an offer soon! We might do same course if we both choose Aston 🙏🏻
Well I sent my application in the 24th so I probably missed the early offers. I am predicted ABB from geography, biology and business with mainly as and bs from GCSE. Hopefully I will get a offer as Aston is my first choice. Where else are you applying and is Aston your top choice?
Reply 15
You will don't worry about it
And I applied for: Lancaster, Salford, Keele and UCLAN in which I received offers for all...
I'm thinking of putting it as my first choice but there are factors of other universities that I like better than Astons unfortunately :frown:
but there is a good chance
Reply 16
I sent mine on the 19th Nov
Predicted - ABB
As - BCDE

Offer for Marketing (ABB)

I'M made up because I thought they will reject me due to my poor AS grades, and they gave me the lower offer instead of AAB, yaay and Goodluck to you! You'll get it soon I guess
I got an offer for Business Computing and IT, it says that it can be upgraded to an unconditional if I 'firm' it.
Makes me wonder if they are struggling to get students for the course..
Reply 18
Original post by Vladdy

I do applied business too! Now is it going? Unit 8 is long :/
Reply 19
Original post by ahmedbhimani
I sent my UCAS application off around 3 weeks ago and am yet to receive an offer (Business and Management) :frown: I still haven't even received an acknowledgement email!!

Is anyone in the same position or has anyone received an offer/acknowledgement?????????????????????

I sent of my UCAS application about three weeks ago too and received an offer last week, and yesterday was upgraded to an unconditional offer :smile: (For Accounting)

Quick Reply

Latest