The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

I had my interview at University of Birmingham on Friday and got an offer 2 hours later! If anyone else is going there, don't be nervous as it's such a relaxed day. I only got asked 6 questions:
- Why do you want to teach?
- What experience do you have teaching?
- What skills can you bring to teaching?
- What current educational issue do you know, and what is your opinion on it?
- A question about equal opportunities and treating people fairly but I can't remember specifically
- Why did you apply to Birmingham?

The interview was very laid back and it was definitely much more of a chat.

One other thing: I passed my skills test last Thursday and they said that increased my chances of being offered a place by quite a long way, as they lose quite a few places due to people failing throughout the year. They said they are much more likely to give an offer if the skills test has been completed first so i'd book them straight away!
Original post by knighty1994
I had my interview at University of Birmingham on Friday and got an offer 2 hours later! If anyone else is going there, don't be nervous as it's such a relaxed day. I only got asked 6 questions:
- Why do you want to teach?
- What experience do you have teaching?
- What skills can you bring to teaching?
- What current educational issue do you know, and what is your opinion on it?
- A question about equal opportunities and treating people fairly but I can't remember specifically
- Why did you apply to Birmingham?

The interview was very laid back and it was definitely much more of a chat.

One other thing: I passed my skills test last Thursday and they said that increased my chances of being offered a place by quite a long way, as they lose quite a few places due to people failing throughout the year. They said they are much more likely to give an offer if the skills test has been completed first so i'd book them straight away!

Congratulations! What subject did you apply for?

I really hope the unis I've applied to hold the same views on the skills tests!
I've finally sent in my application ! My second reference came in today 😊 so now fingers crossed
Original post by carolineherts
I've finally sent in my application ! My second reference came in today 😊 so now fingers crossed

Congrats and good luck! Seems to be happening to a few people today, when will my time come?!

What/where are you applying?
Original post by shannonbeth
Only taken 4 weeks but finally got both references and sent off my application!!! Little hope now of getting in with the limited places but still feel a weight has been lifted 😊

Mine has gone off today too 😄😄 like you I'm just glad it's gone in
Original post by kizzz!
Congrats and good luck! Seems to be happening to a few people today, when will my time come?!

Thanks! Applying to UCL and Goldsmiths for Primary! How about you?
Original post by carolineherts

Yay! Must be something in the water today 😊
what did you talk baout in the question on current educational issues? struggling to find a good enough one to talk about
The main uni i'm applying to apparently doesn't have an individual interview, only a group one. Which makes me think all the prep I'm doing is going to waste. My last reference isn't even back yet never mind an interview offer, so I think I'm being a bit too eager :tongue:
Original post by kizzz!

Frustrating isnt it? :/ haveyou sent the daily reminders on ucas? I think thats what made mine finally do it haha
Got my first interview tomorrow and my second the next day
Feeling so nervous, I've got a really bad stuffy cold so I feel like I sound ridiculous and my baby is teething badly and poorly so not sleeping through night so I'm feeling the pressure!
Original post by BelleCL
Got my first interview tomorrow and my second the next day
Feeling so nervous, I've got a really bad stuffy cold so I feel like I sound ridiculous and my baby is teething badly and poorly so not sleeping through night so I'm feeling the pressure!

There is a lot going round at the minute! Where are your interviews?
Yeah I think it's from being in the school too the kids are very sniffly and things
Wolverhampton and BCU
Reply 2033
Hello guys
I have the biggest problem
Basically I have an interview for the 3rd of December but I can't make it. I've rang them to see if they would be willing to give me another date they said they couldn't guarantee it.
Does anyone know on average how many interview sessions universities have for pgce primary please ?..
Original post by 365gapyear
I applied to uwe and bath spa!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw awesome!! have you heard back from them yet? Had an interview?
Has anyone had an interview in Chichester for Primary? If so, what were the questions that they asked you? Im so worried about it, I feel like I don't know enough!
Has anyone else got a place on PGCE Primary at University of Manchester?

Passed my literacy Test last week, just numeracy to go on Saturday and I can relax a bit (until September)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Original post by GreenMeerkat
Has anyone else got a place on PGCE Primary at University of Manchester?

Passed my literacy Test last week, just numeracy to go on Saturday and I can relax a bit (until September)

I don't have a PGCE place at UoM but I did my undergrad there if you have any Manchester-related questions.

Well done and best of luck for your numeracy test!
Original post by kirstenwalsh
what did you talk baout in the question on current educational issues? struggling to find a good enough one to talk about

Im hoping someone can help me out with this wuestion!!
Original post by Bena0202
Im hoping someone can help me out with this wuestion!!

I did primary and talked about KS1 national tests and the opening of a new grammar school in Kent (first in 50 years... I went to a grammar though so quite enthused about the topic lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending