The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeriouslySara
I am yet to receive an email from Wadham for History and politics so I'm guessing I am screwed 😊

noo, it's not personal! https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students/undergraduates/admissions/candidate-information
know how you feel though...
Does anyone btw know how the final decisions are actually made? I'm applying for medicine and it says on the website that "colleges interview blind of college choice and BMAT score". How will this work, will they like rate our interviews or something? And does it mean that the BMAT score doesn't matter after you get an interview? (I really really hope this isn't the case because my 77% BMAT is honestly my only chance of getting in lol) And does anyone know how much grades matter in the final decision making or is it mostly the interview?
Original post by Eznomics
The TSA went alright but E&M is notoriously competitive so not expecting much to be honest. I have already emailed my college and they gave me a pretty vague response which said that I should contact them if I haven't received any communication within 7 days of the interview dates.

Yeah, I think it might be their most competitive course in terms of applicants/spaces available ratio. I'm sure you'll be fine though, even if you aren't, i'm sure another top institution would be more than willing to take you! Where else have you applied?
Original post by SeriouslySara
I am yet to receive an email from Wadham for History and politics so I'm guessing I am screwed 😊

I'm still waiting for Wadham history too 😫 I really hope we hear today
Original post by Callum Escott
Yeah, I think it might be their most competitive course in terms of applicants/spaces available ratio. I'm sure you'll be fine though, even if you aren't, i'm sure another top institution would be more than willing to take you! Where else have you applied?

LSE and UCL. Already have offers from Warwick and Bath. How about you?
Original post by Sherifezzeldin_
University college. You? And oh one of my friends told me about it when she found out I'm stressed about wanting to know if people were receiving emails or not😂

I applied to univ too! But for psychology and linguistics ahhh why are univ taking so long:'( let me know if you hear from them please!

UCL and Durham and have unconditionals for Glasgow and Nottingham, only because im applying post a level, though.
How are you guys going to prepare for law interview?
no law knowledge is required right?
what should we wear? is suits too formal?
Original post by nihaohy
How are you guys going to prepare for law interview?
no law knowledge is required right?
what should we wear? is suits too formal?

'no law knowledge is required right?' Are you joking?

Thanks! The wait has been horrible, particularly after I did OK in the HAT and messed up my written work. I am almost certainly going to get rejected and so I would rather just know.
Original post by africalw
I'm still waiting for Wadham history too 😫 I really hope we hear today

They ought to send out the emails today because it is getting ridiculous!!
Hey guys! I have emailed Exeter and they said that the invitations to interview for Physics are not yet sent. NO PANIC!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Still not heard back from St. Hughs for PPL :s-smilie:
Original post by Alicialky
Anyone applying for engineering? Have any of you received an email yet?

I applied for Electrical Engg . Haven't heard .
BTW college=LMH
Well you are not the only one waiting for E&M. I applied for E&M at Trinity and still haven't heard back.

But I can't find anyone applying to the same college with me on the student room, that's wired.
Why our colleges takes so long? I am getting nervous now.
'no law knowledge is required right?' Are you joking?

I think they mean 'no detailed legal knowledge' (i.e. you do not need to know the ins and outs of the legal system in England and Wales). Of course you should show an interest in Law, but they will mainly be looking for aptitude. This will come from how you answer general philosophic/logic questions in a legal context :-)
Original post by alexdavemac
Still not heard back from St. Hughs for PPL :s-smilie:

Original post by kind3110
I applied for Electrical Engg . Haven't heard .
BTW college=LMH

Do you think people that haven't heard by now are most likely unsuccessful? Not heard myself either :s-smilie:
Original post by Aquaxo
I think they mean 'no detailed legal knowledge' (i.e. you do not need to know the ins and outs of the legal system in England and Wales). Of course you should show an interest in Law, but they will mainly be looking for aptitude. This will come from how you answer general philosophic/logic questions in a legal context :-)

They just made it seem they were worried about actually knowing stuff about their subject... hahaha
Do you think people that haven't heard by now are most likely unsuccessful? Not heard myself either :s-smilie:

I called LMH yesterday . She said "within next few days we would be sending rejection/interview invitation" emails. As per the website it should be 1 week before the interview schedule -she emphasised.
You have an offer from Warwick for straight Economics? I sent my application in ages ago and haven't heard anything back besides the confirmation email :/

Obviously I'm hoping for the Oxford offer, but in the unlikely event of that one must make provisions :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending