The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
Any fellow Engineering Science applicants? I have an interview at University College and got allocated Balliol for a second interview, all on 16th December! How on earth do we prepare?

I got Univ then Worcester on the 14th.

I have no clue. Something tells me these interviews will be much harder than the interviews at imperial :frown:
But I know people at my school with interviews who have two interviews at the same college..? But thank you anyway - that's reassuring!

EDIT: I'm also the only person I know who has both interviews at different colleges on the same day, rather than them being spread out! Maybe that's just how the Engineering Science department works.

Also for Engineering Science, and got 2 interviews on the same day (at different colleges)
Got an invite from St Hugh's for Law! So happy that it's official now 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ememoville
I was getting worried because I haven't heard anything yet either! Applying to St Catz. engineering science

Me too! Feel a little bit left in the dark. Good to know there's other people in my shoes. And, I believe engineering interviews are some of the last. Fingers crossed though! Good luck!
Original post by Lainathiel
Interview for medicine at Worcester! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I ask what are your stats, if you don't mind?
Reply 8605
Also, does anyone know why I got an interview at two different colleges on the same day? Does it bear any significance to how strong they think my application is? My first choice college was Univ where I got an interview, but I also have one at Balliol later that day, instead of two at Univ. Is it because Univ is unsure if they'd really want me?

I have St Peter's then LMH on the 14th for engineering science- I think that's just how the department do it.
Who here applied from a non EU country and has received notice about a Biomedical Science interview at any college?
Just got rejected from Merton for physics. Good luck to everyone else!
Original post by not you
I don't know why they have them at the same college, seems kind of counter-productive if they get interviewed on the same thing by the same people. Maybe they have a general interview and a subject interview? Arts subjects sometimes do those, not too sure about science subjects though.

And yeah I dunno why you have them both on the same day, sounds like too much work to me lol

You'll usually be interviewed by different people at each one, and on different topics. It's actually very useful, the more interviews you have the better a picture they can build up and they can see how consistent you are etc, and it also gives you a chance to recover from a nervous first interview.
Original post by HPFoley
Just got rejected from Merton for physics. Good luck to everyone else!

I am sorry to hear that! If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades/ums?
Has anyone heard from Keble College to read Computer Science?
Im anxiously still waiting for any news :frown:
congratulations for everyone with an interview!!
Everyone who doesn't, it is not the end of the road!! :biggrin:
Can I ask all St Catz applicants (not being one) why you chose it?
Original post by rose7812
Can I ask what are your stats, if you don't mind?

Of course! I got 12 A* at GCSE, 4 A at AS, predicted 4 A* A2 and got 4.9/5.7/5A BMAT :smile:

(The BMAT is not my friend)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine rejection, as expected. Best of luck to all other medics/applicants with their interviews :h:
Original post by Lainathiel
Of course! I got 12 A* at GCSE, 4 A at AS, predicted 4 A* A2 and got 4.9/5.7/5A BMAT :smile:

(The BMAT is not my friend)

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wow, no wonder you got an interview! congrats, hope it goes well! :biggrin:
Hey, The Spartan :smile: I am still waiting for an email from Keble for Computer Science too. I saw they have updated their website a few minutes ago saying "Interview decision letters have been posted for the following subjects. Computer Science; Mathematics & Computer Science; Archaeology & Anthropology - 1st December "What do you think that means? They have sent them to our emails or by post? Because I have been checking my email and have not received anything yet.
Original post by theonetruequeen
Haven't heard anything for engineering, and I don't think many have at all. Our interviews are among the last if I'm not mistaken.

college is St Hilda's BTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks God. I am not the only Engineering one left out.
Electrical Engg (LMG college).

Wait is killing.
Original post by genius10
I am sorry to hear that! If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades/ums?

I'm American, so I don't know what ums are. Here are some grades, though:

SAT Reasoning Test: 2,400
A.P. Chemistry: 5
A.P. U.S. Government and Politics: 5
A.P. Calculus BC: 5
A.P. Biology: 5
A.P. Physics C, Mechanics: 5
A.P. Physics C, Electricity and Magnetism: 5
SAT II Mathematics II Subject Test: 750
SAT II Physics Subject Test: 740
SAT II Chemistry Subject Test: 790
Original post by opaleyedragon
Hey, The Spartan :smile: I am still waiting for an email from Keble for Computer Science too. I saw they have updated their website a few minutes ago saying "Interview decision letters have been posted for the following subjects. Computer Science; Mathematics & Computer Science; Archaeology & Anthropology - 1st December "What do you think that means? They have sent them to our emails or by post? Because I have been checking my email and have not received anything yet.

Keble send emails to international applicants, but uk applicants recieve a letter. So if it was posted today you'll probably recieve it either tomorrow or Thursday :smile:
HEY!

By some miracle, I managed to get an offer for interview today, for medicine!!! I've never been so shocked in my entire life

Sorry if this question's been asked before (but there are 442 pages on here, obvs I skim read) but does anyone know how Oxford are on facial piercings at interviews? I know it's really not that important of a question, and there's a load of more important things to be worrying about, but I feel like sooner I know where they stand on this, the better! :tongue:

(By facial piercing, I mean a small nose stud - not sure why I didn't just call it that earlier...)

Latest

Trending

Trending