The Student Room Group

Mathematics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've got offers from Bath, Exeter, Warwick and Reading so far, I heard from them about 2-3 weeks after my application was sent off (but then I did send mine off quite early) :smile:

I'm also waiting to hear my fate regarding Oxford interviews...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
I applied to St.Andrews, Warwick, KCL, York and Exeter a week ago and haven't heard anything. Getting a bit worried :frown:
Reply 22
I've applied to Cambridge (got interviews yay), Imperial, UCL, Birmingham and Warwick (got a conditional offer)
Original post by gracebromby
They can range completely.. I got an offer for Loughborough two days after I sent my application off and have had 2 other offers since, I'm still waiting to hear back from two unis after around a week and a half!

Well since I posted that I've had offers from Lincoln, Reading and Liverpool! Just waiting for Brighton and Sheffield now!
Original post by alexharper
Well since I posted that I've had offers from Lincoln, Reading and Liverpool! Just waiting for Brighton and Sheffield now!

Yeah Im just waiting for Sheffield too now!
Reply 25
I have applied for Imperial College London, Warwick, UCL, Bristol, Edinburgh, for mathematics. My application was sent to UCAS nearly a week ago and I haven't received any offers(or rejections) yet.

Meanwhile enjoying preparing for step :wink:
I have applied for Loughborough, Liverpool, Sheffield, Leeds, and Birmingham for Bsc Maths. I sent my application last Tuesday but I still got no offers
Original post by DylanJ42
I've applied to Oxford (again why not), St Andrews, Bristol, Bath and Queen's.

I've received offers from both Queen's (AAA) and Bristol (AAA) and have been rejected from Oxford.

However I really want an offer from Bath, it looks extremely great and I would love to go there

Queen's as in .... Queens college cambridge? Queens mary? Queens belfast?

Sorry to hear about the rejection from Oxford did they say why? Dw, There are still plenty of other good unis out there.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Queen's as in .... Queens college cambridge? Queens mary? Queens belfast?

Sorry to hear about the rejection from Oxford did they say why? Dw, There are still plenty of other good unis out there.

Queens as in queens belfast

Yea I know, I cant be too upset though. I'll hear back from them in January, probably my MAT, I don't think it went well at all

wbu? where did you apply to? :smile:
Original post by daniellon
I have applied for Loughborough, Liverpool, Sheffield, Leeds, and Birmingham for Bsc Maths. I sent my application last Tuesday but I still got no offers

Still very early days yet for you :tongue: but good luck with your applications!
Queens as in queens belfast

Yea I know, I cant be too upset though. I'll hear back from them in January, probably my MAT, I don't think it went well at all

wbu? where did you apply to? :smile:

Manchester
KCL
Exeter
QMUL
QUB aswell

Firm would be Manchester if I can get A*A*A-A*AA otherwise KCL.
Insurance would be Exeter.

Are you from Northern Ireland or?
Manchester
KCL
Exeter
QMUL
QUB aswell

Firm would be Manchester if I can get A*A*A-A*AA otherwise KCL.
Insurance would be Exeter.

Are you from Northern Ireland or?

Wow those grades are high, I think my highest grade requirements are now A*AA, everything else is AAA or lower.

I am indeed, I live very close to Coleraine. Are you Northern Irish?
Wow those grades are high, I think my highest grade requirements are now A*AA, everything else is AAA or lower.

I am indeed, I live very close to Coleraine. Are you Northern Irish?

Nah, I'm from London. I've been to ireland twice before.

I'm applying to study Physics though. Manchester has high grades because it has a really good physics department + has Brain cox (he teaches 1st year undergraduates) I'm hoping to get an interview from them around jan-feb time and pray I get A*AA instead of A*A*A otherwise I doubt I'll get those grades otherwise Idm settling for KCL.

My lowest is AAB.
Nah, I'm from London. I've been to ireland twice before.

I'm applying to study Physics though. Manchester has high grades because it has a really good physics department + has Brain cox (he teaches 1st year undergraduates) I'm hoping to get an interview from them around jan-feb time and pray I get A*AA instead of A*A*A otherwise I doubt I'll get those grades otherwise Idm settling for KCL.

My lowest is AAB.

Do you have relatives here? Did you like it over here? I personally can't wait to leave

That would be very cool, to be taught by Brain Cox. Well with enough hard work anything is possible :wink: If you get an offer of A*A*A do you still think you'd firm it?
Do you have relatives here? Did you like it over here? I personally can't wait to leave

That would be very cool, to be taught by Brain Cox. Well with enough hard work anything is possible :wink: If you get an offer of A*A*A do you still think you'd firm it?

No, I don't have any relatives there but I've been on holiday there twice. Yeah, it would be cool but A*A*A is really hard nonetheless I'll firm Manchester if I get an offer, though I know I'll achieve roughly A*AA-AAA.
A*A*A seems a bit unpredictable but its still worth a shot who knows what happens on results day.

I saw a person on TSR apply for Physics at Manchester and her offer was A*AA and she got A*AB and still got in.
(edited 8 years ago)
No, I don't have any relatives there but I've been on holiday there twice.
Yeah, it would be cool but A*A*A is really hard nonetheless I'll firm Manchester
if I get an offer though I know I'll achieve A*AA-AAA. A*A*A seems a bit unpredictable but its still worth a shot who knows what happens on results day.

I saw a person on TSR apply for Physics at Manchester and her offer was A*AA and she got A*AB and still got in.

What subjects are you studying?

Well if you know youll get A*AA a little extra effort and I'm sure you could easily get A*A*A or even A*A*A* :biggrin:

That's great, were your GCSEs good and do you think your personal statement is above average?
What subjects are you studying?

Well if you know youll get A*AA a little extra effort and I'm sure you could easily get A*A*A or even A*A*A* :biggrin:

That's great, were your GCSEs good and do you think your personal statement is above average?

Maths, Physics & History. Wbu?

Yeah, although anything can happen on exam days that's why I want to put a lower insurance i.e AAB. My Personal statement is pretty good (TSR standard :shh:) but my GCSE's are As and Bs. :damnmate:

Jw is further maths a requirement to study maths at most unis? Have you got any offers so far?
Maths, Physics & History. Wbu?

Yeah, although anything can happen on exam days that's why I want to put a lower insurance i.e AAB. My Personal statement is pretty good (TSR standard :shh:) but my GCSE's are As and Bs. :damnmate:

Jw is further maths a requirement to study maths at most unis? Have you got any offers so far?

Maths, Further maths and physics

Well I don't think I'll put anything too low as my insurance because if i miss my firm and insurance I'll just take a gap year and study additional further maths (for fun haha)

I don't think its a requirement for any, at least not any ive looked into, but having it usually means you can get a lower offer ie A*A*A with A* in maths OR A*AA with A* in maths, A in further maths.

Offers for QUB and Bristol, my 5th and 3rd/4th choices respectively. Also as I said a rejection from Oxford, of course my 1st choice

wbu, have you heard anything yet?
Maths, Further maths and physics

Well I don't think I'll put anything too low as my insurance because if i miss my firm and insurance I'll just take a gap year and study additional further maths (for fun haha)

I don't think its a requirement for any, at least not any ive looked into, but having it usually means you can get a lower offer ie A*A*A with A* in maths OR A*AA with A* in maths, A in further maths.

Offers for QUB and Bristol, my 5th and 3rd/4th choices respectively. Also as I said a rejection from Oxford, of course my 1st choice

wbu, have you heard anything yet?

No word yet, I'm hoping to hear from Manchester & KCL/Exeter soon.
I sent off my application early/mid November so I'm hoping for some replies after xmas.
No word yet, I'm hoping to hear from Manchester & KCL/Exeter soon.
I sent off my application early/mid November so I'm hoping for some replies after xmas.

Well good luck with that :biggrin: I wish universities who received applications in 2015 had to make a decision on them by the 31st December. It's unfair to make students wait months and months I think

Quick Reply

Latest