The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by opaleyedragon
Hey, The Spartan :smile: I am still waiting for an email from Keble for Computer Science too. I saw they have updated their website a few minutes ago saying "Interview decision letters have been posted for the following subjects. Computer Science; Mathematics & Computer Science; Archaeology & Anthropology - 1st December "What do you think that means? They have sent them to our emails or by post? Because I have been checking my email and have not received anything yet.

Hi I'm doing arch and anth, and what it means is they sent them today, so with first class postage they will most likely arrive tomorrow or the day after. I've been waiting so long to find out and now I don't want to know!
Got an interview for medicine!!! Woooooo!
Original post by mna_98
Hey well done! I've got a law interview for Christ Church and I'm just wondering how you're going to prepare for the interview? I'm finding it a bit tricky because obviously we don't require legal knowledge so is revising my PS (and the legal points in that), keeping up to date with current affairs and thinking about answers for the basic questions like 'why law' enough? Sorry for the essay feel free to ignore if you're as clueless as me hahaha :smile:

Hi, I've got an interview at Keble for law, and although I'm feeling quite confident with the law based questions, I'm actually struggling the most with the 'why law', 'why Oxford' etc questions, so if you could possibly help me with those that would be great. I think that it sounds like you're doing everything you need to, perhaps if you've read any law books make sure that you've got a few key points from them that you can remember and use in your interview, but think that's it :smile:
Hey, The Spartan :smile: I am still waiting for an email from Keble for Computer Science too. I saw they have updated their website a few minutes ago saying "Interview decision letters have been posted for the following subjects. Computer Science; Mathematics & Computer Science; Archaeology & Anthropology - 1st December "What do you think that means? They have sent them to our emails or by post? Because I have been checking my email and have not received anything yet.

Yes i saw that too!!
How did you think you did on the MAT? i reckon around 60 myself, hope you found it ok :P
I havent received an email yet either :frown:
I do think they send via both, email obviously quicker :biggrin:
Just patience i guess, ill keep you updated!
Good Luck!
Original post by GoldStarStickers
HEY!

By some miracle, I managed to get an offer for interview today, for medicine!!! I've never been so shocked in my entire life

Sorry if this question's been asked before (but there are 442 pages on here, obvs I skim read) but does anyone know how Oxford are on facial piercings at interviews? I know it's really not that important of a question, and there's a load of more important things to be worrying about, but I feel like sooner I know where they stand on this, the better! :tongue:

(By facial piercing, I mean a small nose stud - not sure why I didn't just call it that earlier...)

Congratulations, I've got one too for St Hugh's and LMH
I don't think they particularly care whether or not you have a nose stud, 99% certain they care more about your ability as a doctor/academic than your decision to pierce your nose :tongue:
Interview at Exeter!!
Original post by thechemistress
Medicine rejection, as expected. Best of luck to all other medics/applicants with their interviews :h:

WHATTTTT?!?! You of all people? That's madness.

Oh well, you'll get into somewhere equally as kickass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJaneH
Hi, I've got an interview at Keble for law, and although I'm feeling quite confident with the law based questions, I'm actually struggling the most with the 'why law', 'why Oxford' etc questions, so if you could possibly help me with those that would be great. I think that it sounds like you're doing everything you need to, perhaps if you've read any law books make sure that you've got a few key points from them that you can remember and use in your interview, but think that's it :smile:

Well for me personally I really want to study law to then go on and use that as a tool to help people in the future , but it's totally your own decision what the response to that question will be and it's really personal, I'm sure you can dig deep and find the reason :smile: In terms of why Oxford I'll probably just say something like it's worldwide achievements idk... To be honest with you , they don't reallyyyy care about the responses to those questions I don't think x
Original post by mna_98
Well for me personally I really want to study law to then go on and use that as a tool to help people in the future , but it's totally your own decision what the response to that question will be and it's really personal, I'm sure you can dig deep and find the reason :smile: In terms of why Oxford I'll probably just say something like it's worldwide achievements idk... To be honest with you , they don't reallyyyy care about the responses to those questions I don't think x

Okay thanks, I just asked cause I had a mock interview today and they were the questions that I felt the least confident with. How are you feeling about the interviews, are yours next week? x
CJaneH Thank you very much, fella :smile: Have a nice day

The Spartan I think I did ok, apart from the 2nd question, so I reckon I got around 60 as well :biggrin: .. So I just found out from CJaneH that they will give their replies to international applicants tomorrow or on Thursday.. Are you from the UK or outside the UK?
Original post by rose7812
oh wow, no wonder you got an interview! congrats, hope it goes well! :biggrin:

Aw, thank you! I hope your applications are going well too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress
Medicine rejection, as expected. Best of luck to all other medics/applicants with their interviews :h:

I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure you'll smash the others :biggrin:
Do you mind sharing your bmat scores?
CJaneH Thank you very much, fella :smile: Have a nice day

The Spartan I think I did ok, apart from the 2nd question, so I reckon I got around 60 as well :biggrin: .. So I just found out from CJaneH that they will give their replies to international applicants tomorrow or on Thursday.. Are you from the UK or outside the UK?

i also hated question 2 :frown:
i am in the UK :smile:
i think i get mine tomorrow too then :biggrin:
Original post by not you
Congratulations, I got mine a couple minutes ago too :smile:
What college are you applying for?

Good luck on your interview!
Getting super excited for next week now! Any lawyers feel free to message me and we can develop a squad :wink:
Original post by not you
Congratulations, I've got one too for St Hugh's and LMH
I don't think they particularly care whether or not you have a nose stud, 99% certain they care more about your ability as a doctor/academic than your decision to pierce your nose :tongue:

Congrats!!!:biggrin: I got one at St Hugh's too, which day are you going?
Any other Merton Physics applicants receive the good news today? :h:
Original post by misstac
I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure you'll smash the others :biggrin:
Do you mind sharing your bmat scores?

Thanks, I don't mind too much :h:
Np, they weren't very good actually so I was expecting the rejection :tongue:
5.2, 4.9, 3A XD
Original post by Princepieman
WHATTTTT?!?! You of all people? That's madness.

Oh well, you'll get into somewhere equally as kickass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah, I'm by no means perfect :lol: My BMAT score was a major weakness in my application, so it was expected XD

Thanks dude :biggrin:
Rejected from Merton for Physics :smile:

their loss, I qualified for the BMO, so I'll be heading to either Warwick or Birmingham hopefully, good luck to everyone else!
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending