The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doubleyuu
Really? you're enjoying it though right? any other top tips i should know before i start?

I enjoy the material it is pretty stressful when you get to assessment times though. You have to have your head in the game, all the time, because if you fall behind you can't catch up! Get on top of anatomy and just general reading your recommended textbooks before you start!
Anybody else got an interview at Keele?
Gunna put it out there. Anyone asking for advice on questions from people who have just done an interview is not thinking properly. You really think we will help our competition by helping them prepare? Come on
Reply 363
Got interview offers from Manchester met and Sheffield Hallam😄. Waiting to hear from Cardiff , Northumbria and Huddersfield. Has anyone heard from any of these yet?
Original post by spshsha1
Gunna put it out there. Anyone asking for advice on questions from people who have just done an interview is not thinking properly. You really think we will help our competition by helping them prepare? Come on

Have to agree. If we tell people what questions we were asked we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. The best advice is to research and prepare like the rest of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I've sent my UCAS application off last week- so yet to hear back from anyone. Just wondering who else is applying via an Access Course? Has anyone doing an Access Course had offers through, and were the offers conditional and tally with the Uni's guideline of 30 odd distinctions!? I'm working hard, but as I haven't had any results back yet, I'm having a little panic about how obtainable distinctions are!
Reply 366
Original post by Rxg123
Got interview offers from Manchester met and Sheffield Hallam😄. Waiting to hear from Cardiff , Northumbria and Huddersfield. Has anyone heard from any of these yet?

I have an interview at Hudderfield, still havent heard back from Northumbria or Sheffield Hallam
Reply 367
Original post by ENB
I have an interview at Hudderfield, still havent heard back from Northumbria or Sheffield Hallam

Well done on your interview , i got an interview from Huddersfield today aswell😃
Hey Guys :smile: Hope everyone's applications are going well! I'm about to send mine off in the next week (had a large delay due to mainly trying to sort out my potential living situation and whether I could afford it as I'll be a mature student and don't want to go into halls if I have to relocate)

-I've managed to do work experience in 2 different private physio practices and saw many different areas
-I also did some work exp with a sports therapist as I thought would be good to do for communication skills etc even if its not fully relevant to physio
- One day shadowing osteopath for same reason
- Also have done some volunteering as a passenger assistant with children with disabilities

However (annoyingly) I have received an email TODAY when I was about to send off my application saying I've been accepted for some NHS Physio shadowing in February... which of course is after the deadline

Do you think its worth editing my PS a bit and adding this in and what my intentions are for the future work experience (getting a broader view of NHS Physio role compared to private clinic etc) ?

I can't help but thinking even if I haven't yet completed it, unis knowing that by the time they potentially interview me I already will have done NHS work exp maybe they'll think I will have a better understanding of wide areas of the profession?

thanks everyone :smile: xxxx
Reply 369
Original post by Rxg123

I've got an interview at Cardiff
Well done on your offers !!
Reply 370
Original post by Munii98
I've got an interview at Cardiff
Well done on your offers !!

Thank you! Well done with yours , and good luck with your interview!
Reply 371
I've got an interview at Cardiff, can't wait! Just waiting for the rest now
Original post by moonandstars
Hey Guys :smile: Hope everyone's applications are going well! I'm about to send mine off in the next week (had a large delay due to mainly trying to sort out my potential living situation and whether I could afford it as I'll be a mature student and don't want to go into halls if I have to relocate)

-I've managed to do work experience in 2 different private physio practices and saw many different areas
-I also did some work exp with a sports therapist as I thought would be good to do for communication skills etc even if its not fully relevant to physio
- One day shadowing osteopath for same reason
- Also have done some volunteering as a passenger assistant with children with disabilities

However (annoyingly) I have received an email TODAY when I was about to send off my application saying I've been accepted for some NHS Physio shadowing in February... which of course is after the deadline

Do you think its worth editing my PS a bit and adding this in and what my intentions are for the future work experience (getting a broader view of NHS Physio role compared to private clinic etc) ?

I can't help but thinking even if I haven't yet completed it, unis knowing that by the time they potentially interview me I already will have done NHS work exp maybe they'll think I will have a better understanding of wide areas of the profession?

thanks everyone :smile: xxxx

Definitely add it in! It shows determination to get where you want to be, and shows a keen interest in gaining a further insight into the scope of Physiotherapy - uni's love enthusiastic people!

Good luck sending yours off, it's a huge load off when you hit the send button!
Original post by charlottedoddd
Definitely add it in! It shows determination to get where you want to be, and shows a keen interest in gaining a further insight into the scope of Physiotherapy - uni's love enthusiastic people!

Good luck sending yours off, it's a huge load off when you hit the send button!

Thank you for the advice :smile: I'll definitely add it in then! That's true can't beat a bit of enthusiasm haha :biggrin:
Oh I bet, I can't wait to get it sent so that I can chill over Christmas without panicking about it!!

Good luck and all the best too you too! :smile: x
Reply 374
Original post by EfMak
I've got an interview at Cardiff, can't wait! Just waiting for the rest now

When is your interview ??
Reply 375
Original post by Munii98
When is your interview ??

On the 14th in the afternoon sometime, when's yours?
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Interview invite from Salford!

They need my UCAS ID - is it the one on track or is it the one that was on the 'apply' system? (Thanks!)

I have an interview at Salford too! When's yours? :smile:
Original post by EfMak
On the 14th in the afternoon sometime, when's yours?

Same!
Original post by HearMeRoar
I have an interview at Salford too! When's yours? :smile:

January :smile:. It's not that far away now!

Anyone heard anything from Keele yet? I got an acknowledgement when I applied but no interview or rejection yet.
Original post by maverick-01
Anybody else got an interview at Keele?

I haven't heard anything from them yet when did you apply??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending