The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
Also, does anyone know why I got an interview at two different colleges on the same day? Does it bear any significance to how strong they think my application is? My first choice college was Univ where I got an interview, but I also have one at Balliol later that day, instead of two at Univ. Is it because Univ is unsure if they'd really want me?

How did u find out what colleges offer you interview?
Original post by anomalouse
Interview at Exeter!!

Congrats!! btw what did you apply to read?:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 8642
Original post by CJaneH
Of course it's not bad, if you've got an interview then you're just as good as all the other interviewees, regardless of what books you have or haven't read. If you're really really nervous I'd recommend taking some tablets or using a spray like rescue remedy just to calm yourself down on the day. I haven't had a mock interview yet, (I've got one on Tuesday) but I'm just trying to make sure that whilst my answers are relevant to Oxford and the Jurisprudence course, that they don't sound overdone or fake. Everyone wants to go to Oxford at least partly because of its reputation but you need to have a more personal answer. Btw, which college is interviewing you?

Thanks for the advice - i feel realllly underprepared. My interview is for Oriel. What about you?
Original post by gkallikas
Good luck on your interview!

Thanks man, did you hear back?

Original post by Eveliina97
Congrats!!!:biggrin: I got one at St Hugh's too, which day are you going?

Of course you did though, you have like one of the best scores I've seen :smile:
I'm there on the 13th-14th, what about you?
Original post by 雷尼克
Rejected from Merton for Physics :smile:

their loss, I qualified for the BMO, Warwick or Birmingham for me :smile:

Haha, I like your attitude :h: good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by 雷尼克
Rejected from Merton for Physics :smile:

their loss, I qualified for the BMO, Warwick or Birmingham for me :smile:

You should have applied to Imperial. Your stats are too good for just Warwick or Bham
Original post by Happy revision
How did u find out what colleges offer you interview?

It was in the email they sent
You should have applied to Imperial. Your stats are too good for just Warwick or Bham

nah i gotta get out of London :/
Original post by thechemistress
Haha, I like your attitude :h: good luck! :biggrin:

btw i am alphamolecule if you didnt realise
Hey anyone who has a history interview how are you preparing?

Are you implying that Warwick or B'ham are bad unis? Those are both fantastic Russell Group unis, especially for science subjects. So no, I wouldn't say his stats were 'too good' for them. Gosh, I really dislike university elitists
Original post by 雷尼克

btw i am alphamolecule if you didnt realise

Thanks dude :biggrin:

Haha, no way! Really? Long time no speak :wink:
Original post by Heisenberg97
Got rejected

I'm sorry to hear that :frown:
What subject were you applying for, at which college?
Original post by CJaneH
Okay thanks, I just asked cause I had a mock interview today and they were the questions that I felt the least confident with. How are you feeling about the interviews, are yours next week? x

Those types of questions (if asked) are just to make you feel a bit more comfortable before the interview begins. Just be honest and say what's on your mind (e.g. you chose Oxford because of it's unique tutorial style teaching, etc.) because there really is no right or wrong answer
Thanks dude :biggrin:

Haha, no way! Really? Long time no speak :wink:

yeah i know :0 just a new-ish account because i thought i needed a fresh start
Are you implying that Warwick or B'ham are bad unis? Those are both fantastic Russell Group unis, especially for science subjects. So no, I wouldn't say his stats were 'too good' for them. Gosh, I really dislike university elitists

Why didn't he apply to Eton College, everyone knows it's the best university in the UK so if his stats are that good, surely he'll be able to get into them and not peasantly Oxford/Warwick/Birmingham
Original post by not you
Of course you did though, you have like one of the best scores I've seen :smile:
I'm there on the 13th-14th, what about you?

14th-15th, but I'm probably going to arrive the night before :smile: the best of luck to you in case we don't see each other then!
Thanks, I don't mind too much :h:
Np, they weren't very good actually so I was expecting the rejection :tongue:
5.2, 4.9, 3A XD

Rejected too :/ - hardly surprising after 4.2, 4.9, 2A. I can't believe I screwed up quite that badly.

Best of luck with your other med schools!

I'm not implying that they are bad unis. I'm not a university elitist. I know that they are fantastic, but with his stats, he probably could have easily secured a place at Imperial, especially since he qualified for the BMO and so is obviously very good at maths (thus would do well at the interview). His stats ARE too good for Bham or Warwick for physics.
Original post by fs1
Thanks for the advice - i feel realllly underprepared. My interview is for Oriel. What about you?

Same, I had a mock interview today and it made it all feel very real. And I'll be at Keble :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending