The Student Room Group

RE Revision Help

Hiya. I want to know if anyone has any useful revision methods for RE? I'm trying to revise RE at the moment by doing loads of exam questions and such - but it's not going in. Any useful advice? Would really appreciate it.
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
Hiya. I want to know if anyone has any useful revision methods for RE? I'm trying to revise RE at the moment by doing loads of exam questions and such - but it's not going in. Any useful advice? Would really appreciate it.

Unfortunately RE's just one of those subjects where past papers are the best way to revise... but if it's the subject knowledge that's not going in then try getting someone else to test you from revision notes/a textbook. At least that's a bit more interesting than endless past papers!

What exam board are you doing? I got an A* on the Edexcel course, so if you're doing that one feel free to ask me any questions:smile:
Original post by Benjamino78
Unfortunately RE's just one of those subjects where past papers are the best way to revise... but if it's the subject knowledge that's not going in then try getting someone else to test you from revision notes/a textbook. At least that's a bit more interesting than endless past papers!

What exam board are you doing? I got an A* on the Edexcel course, so if you're doing that one feel free to ask me any questions:smile:

Yes, I could try getting someone to test me - sounds good.
And I'm also doing Edexcel!
Do you have any notes/tips for learning the matters of life and death?
Yes, I could try getting someone to test me - sounds good.
And I'm also doing Edexcel!
Do you have any notes/tips for learning the matters of life and death?

Sorry! Can't seem to find any specific notes, but I've got a couple of tips tho :tongue:

Assuming you're comparing Christianity and Islam, remember to learn in detail what Catholics/Protestants/Muslims believe happens after death, and if you're studying Islam, learn the Arabic words for heaven, hell and the afterlife. I know they're in the Edexcel textbook, but can't remember what they are! Oh, and when you have to give your opinion, and can't think of one, just make something up! You can always lie if it'll get you better marks:colondollar:

Finally, don't generalise! So for example say "some Christians believe" rather than "Christians believe", as it shows a more complex understanding of beliefs. This is particularly important in the abortion topic, where Catholics almost always oppose it, but the Church of England see it as the "lesser of two evils" in some situations.

Good luck:biggrin:
Original post by Benjamino78
Sorry! Can't seem to find any specific notes, but I've got a couple of tips tho :tongue:

Assuming you're comparing Christianity and Islam, remember to learn in detail what Catholics/Protestants/Muslims believe happens after death, and if you're studying Islam, learn the Arabic words for heaven, hell and the afterlife. I know they're in the Edexcel textbook, but can't remember what they are! Oh, and when you have to give your opinion, and can't think of one, just make something up! You can always lie if it'll get you better marks:colondollar:

Finally, don't generalise! So for example say "some Christians believe" rather than "Christians believe", as it shows a more complex understanding of beliefs. This is particularly important in the abortion topic, where Catholics almost always oppose it, but the Church of England see it as the "lesser of two evils" in some situations.

Good luck:biggrin:

Great, okay.
Alright! Thanks a lot, you've been really helpful. :^)

if you use glue then it will stick
Original post by LambyTickle
if you use glue then it will stick

you're 2 years too late, m8 but cheers
what did u end up getting love x

Quick Reply

Latest