The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

[Official] UClan Applicants Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Applied for Medicine...Was really hoping to get an interview on the 1-2nd Dec but because of my tutors my predicted grades were delayed and only sent this weekend. Now I have to wait till end of February for an interview if I even get one :frown:
Also, anyone been to Preston and checked out the campus/city by any chance?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Put UCLan as my insurance! I still need to visit >.<
applied for mental health nursing but have heard nothing back yet :s
Original post by BristolFresher15
Applied for Medicine...Was really hoping to get an interview on the 1-2nd Dec but because of my tutors my predicted grades were delayed and only sent this weekend. Now I have to wait till end of February for an interview if I even get one :frown:
Also, anyone been to Preston and checked out the campus/city by any chance?

Hi, I am applying Uclan Medicine, I understand deadline is until 15th Jan 2016. I am an IB student.

Could you please share your view what made to apply this school. What are graduate prospects. Do you think paying so high is worth?

Sorry for bombarding with questions but I am considering to apply, your inputs will sure to help

Thanks
Original post by sushilkumar
Hi, I am applying Uclan Medicine, I understand deadline is until 15th Jan 2016. I am an IB student.

Could you please share your view what made to apply this school. What are graduate prospects. Do you think paying so high is worth?

Sorry for bombarding with questions but I am considering to apply, your inputs will sure to help

Thanks

Hi there. I can try my best to answer you. I agree the fee is extremely high, but the fee for all international students is around 30k so I guess it is what it is.

I applied to UCLAN as an insurance choice. Since I was unsure that my overall academics and consistency in studies would be sufficient for applying to higher ranking Medical Schools. UCLAN is also directed towards only international students, and its average minimum offer is slightly lower. This is the main reason I applied.

UCLAN's medical school is quite new, started a couple years ago. So, it isn't that well established, but the good thing about it is that their facilities and technology is brand new and quite advanced. The course is also associated with the USMLE (American) system, so students can take that test and further their studies in the USA as well.

So I guess the main reason for my applying is that it is geared towards international students and therefore I knew I had a good chance of receiving an offer. Unfortunately I don't know too much more about graduate prospects.

Sorry I could not be of more help :frown:
Hi there. I can try my best to answer you. I agree the fee is extremely high, but the fee for all international students is around 30k so I guess it is what it is.

I applied to UCLAN as an insurance choice. Since I was unsure that my overall academics and consistency in studies would be sufficient for applying to higher ranking Medical Schools. UCLAN is also directed towards only international students, and its average minimum offer is slightly lower. This is the main reason I applied.

UCLAN's medical school is quite new, started a couple years ago. So, it isn't that well established, but the good thing about it is that their facilities and technology is brand new and quite advanced. The course is also associated with the USMLE (American) system, so students can take that test and further their studies in the USA as well.

So I guess the main reason for my applying is that it is geared towards international students and therefore I knew I had a good chance of receiving an offer. Unfortunately I don't know too much more about graduate prospects.

Sorry I could not be of more help :frown:

Thanks Bro, appreciate for your constructive reply, I have written a mail to admission office and waiting for their reply. Facilities and USMLE looks great strength, I am sure to apply. I am IB diploma with total 41/45 prediction, do u think I have chance to get an interview offer. Haven't yet heard anything from my 4 UCAS choices(Belfast, Liverpool, Nottingham, UEA) However, having this one as insurance choice will be great idea. I have applied for UCAS with 40/45 points, but just concluded mock has improved my one point. Have u heard anything regarding your application? All the best to u?.
Original post by sushilkumar
Thanks Bro, appreciate for your constructive reply, I have written a mail to admission office and waiting for their reply. Facilities and USMLE looks great strength, I am sure to apply. I am IB diploma with total 41/45 prediction, do u think I have chance to get an interview offer. Haven't yet heard anything from my 4 UCAS choices(Belfast, Liverpool, Nottingham, UEA) However, having this one as insurance choice will be great idea. I have applied for UCAS with 40/45 points, but just concluded mock has improved my one point. Have u heard anything regarding your application? All the best to u?.

No problem. Thanks, and good luck to you too! And yeah, since my first post I received an invitation for interview on March 1st so preparing for that :smile:

Honestly, I'm not sure about the IB requirements for UCLAN, but I think 41/45 is pretty good from what I've seen other with Medical Schools. Are you sure you will be able to apply though? The Medicine deadline was October 15th and you've already used up your 4 choices. And I'm pretty sure Medicine applicants can apply to 4 Medical Schools and their 5th choice has to be some other course.
No problem. Thanks, and good luck to you too! And yeah, since my first post I received an invitation for interview on March 1st so preparing for that :smile:

Honestly, I'm not sure about the IB requirements for UCLAN, but I think 41/45 is pretty good from what I've seen other with Medical Schools. Are you sure you will be able to apply though? The Medicine deadline was October 15th and you've already used up your 4 choices. And I'm pretty sure Medicine applicants can apply to 4 Medical Schools and their 5th choice has to be some other course.

There website says u can apply directly to university, that means UCAS choices are not applicable as application will be scrutinized separately, and hence deadline 15th Jan, I am waiting there reply and will proceed accordingly. Will keep u posted once update is received, thanks a lot, good luck for interview preparation. Take care.
Reply 28
Has anyone applied for Software Engineering or another closely related course?

If so, how long did it take for you to receive an offer/rejection?
ive applied for international hospitality! still waiting for a reply :dong:
Reply 30
I've applied for policing foundation degree. I've been invited to a selection day and it says you have a group discussion and interview. Has anyone done one before or got any tips? I've The
Reply 31
I'm a first year student for Deaf Studies and Education BA (Hons) If anyone has any questions about the course/preston itself. Feel free to ask!
Reply 32
Currently in the middle of a foundation degree at UCLan but I'm local and have lived in/around Preston for years.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the city.
I've just got my offer for Msc mental health nursing ☺️🙌😁 X
I have my interview in 2 weeks, what kind of questions did they ask you? Congratulations though xx
Reply 35
I received an offer with the conditions of 280 ucas points as A2 and QCF9D, does anyone understand what this means? I'm studying a 90 credit diploma and 2 A-levels. Many thanks!
Reply 36
Original post by bellalalaxo
I applied for Korean on the 22nd and got my offer today!

I have an offer for asia pacific studies - korean!
I've been accepted into the Msc Pre-reg Mental Health Nursing Course! ...I will be moving to Preston in September and staying in the new build Jubilee Court!.. xxx
Reply 38
Original post by zinkelc
Currently in the middle of a foundation degree at UCLan but I'm local and have lived in/around Preston for years.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the city.

What is the foundation year like?
Reply 39
I've received my conditional offer for Accounting and Finance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending