The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgiaTK
I was wondering the same! Is it Lincoln?

No, Brasenose! hmm...
Original post by thechemistress
Yeah, though it did go on quite a bit after stating that we'd not been shortlisted XD
Wow, really? You must have been quite upset to have left school :frown:

Ah good, and I hope you get into UCL, you deserve it :smile: your fourth medical school was KCL right? Have you heard from them? :smile:

I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic. My application to Oxford was the result of my school convincing me to apply and me eventually agreeing. I really did love the college that I chose though, but ah well XD life goes on :tongue:

Yep, rejected from KCL and Oxford, waiting to hear back from UCL and Imperial (although I haven't got my hopes up for Imperial).

Me and another person in my year who also applied to KCL with 300, 285, 280, 285, 293 at AS got rejected, both because of UKCAT apparently.

Where else did you apply/have you heard anything back from anyone else? Best of luck to you too, with those GCSEs, you deserve some offers. :smile:

Yep, I loved Oriel, but, oh well... :tongue:
The day of my interview will be the first time I visit Oxford in my life :s-smilie: Is anyone else the same? I don't even live that far away, just never got round to visiting it.
Reply 8683
Original post by madsparrow
Next Tuesday - the 8th December! Definitely have to stay until Thursday, and might have to stay Friday. When are you going? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhh im going down on the 6-7th!
Original post by tanyapotter
The day of my interview will be the first time I visit Oxford in my life :s-smilie: Is anyone else the same? I don't even live that far away, just never got round to visiting it.

I've stayed there twice before but honestly it won't make a difference at all! AHH ITS SO PRETTY I can't wait to go next week
I feel like im more excited than nervous atm which is probably not how I should be lol
Original post by thehollowcrown
I've stayed there twice before but honestly it won't make a difference at all! AHH ITS SO PRETTY I can't wait to go next week
I feel like im more excited than nervous atm which is probably not how I should be lol

I'm neither excited nor nervous :tongue: Really quite indifferent right now. I don't expect an offer at all and my heart is set on another uni but it'll be nice to go down there, tackle some maths and physics problems, dine at the college and just look around and relax, tbh.
I'm neither excited nor nervous :tongue: Really quite indifferent right now. I don't expect an offer at all and my heart is set on another uni but it'll be nice to go down there, tackle some maths and physics problems, dine at the college and just look around and relax, tbh.

ohh what uni are you after?

i would love an offer but i'm the same as you, just want to enjoy the experience :smile:
people with medicine interviews, please could you post your stats
Original post by Skygliderjack
I'm sorry to hear that :frown:
What subject were you applying for, at which college?
engineering at st johns. I still hav imperial to hope for though
Original post by Cadherin

Yep, rejected from KCL and Oxford, waiting to hear back from UCL and Imperial (although I haven't got my hopes up for Imperial).

Me and another person in my year who also applied to KCL with 300, 285, 280, 285, 293 at AS got rejected, both because of UKCAT apparently.

Where else did you apply/have you heard anything back from anyone else? Best of luck to you too, with those GCSEs, you deserve some offers. :smile:

Yep, I loved Oriel, but, oh well... :tongue:

I'd say don't give up on Imperial just yet, you never know what could happen :wink:

Wow, your AS grades are pretty solid- why didn't you apply to Cambridge? They interview like 80% of applicants, whereas Oxford interviews less than 30%. You'd definitely have got an interview, they'd have liked your AS UMS :h:

I've heard back from all of mine now- interviews from Birmingham (tomorrow), Nottingham and KCL, plus the rejection from Oxford XD Means I'll be completely done with interviews by Christmas XD

Thanks again :biggrin: :biggrin:
I've stayed there twice before but honestly it won't make a difference at all! AHH ITS SO PRETTY I can't wait to go next weekI feel like im more excited than nervous atm which is probably not how I should be lol

I'm neither excited nor nervous Really quite indifferent right now. I don't expect an offer at all and my heart is set on another uni but it'll be nice to go down there, tackle some maths and physics problems, dine at the college and just look around and relax, tbh.

i would love an offer but i'm the same as you, just want to enjoy the experience

Going in thinking about enjoying interviews as an experience in themselves is a great idea - you'll really be able to enjoy yourself and you'll be more relaxed. You're right, Oxford is pretty! It's nice just to come up and stay here for a while, to be honest (that's what I said to myself last December!). :smile:
Original post by thechemistress
I'd say don't give up on Imperial just yet, you never know what could happen :wink:

Wow, your AS grades are pretty solid- why didn't you apply to Cambridge? They interview like 80% of applicants, whereas Oxford interviews less than 30%. You'd definitely have got an interview, they'd have liked your AS UMS :h:

I've heard back from all of mine now- interviews from Birmingham (tomorrow), Nottingham and KCL, plus the rejection from Oxford XD Means I'll be completely done with interviews by Christmas XD

Thanks again :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nope haha, unfortunately they weren't my AS UMS, they were my friend's (who applied to King's) and he did apply to Cam as well! Maybe I should've done, I got 300 (A2 subject), 285, 279, 282 and 180 (made a mess of FM!) - the latter was probably the reason I didn't apply to Cambridge. Also, I loved Oxford, particularly Oriel and Christ Church.

Congrats on all your interviews! Sensible choice of only doing 1 BMAT as well - I did 3 BMAT and now regret it sincerely!

Good luck on your interviews! I hate to tempt fate, but you'll be fine. :biggrin:

This is literally me, I feel like I won't be able to sleep for a week now :h:
History applicants/interview holders!

Join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/558836207601854/

Join the TSR History Oxford thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3737909
Original post by Eveliina97
14th-15th, but I'm probably going to arrive the night before :smile: the best of luck to you in case we don't see each other then!
If you're arriving the night before then I'll probably see you at some point (unless Hugh's has a ridiculous number of interviewees) which'll be cool :smile: Good luck to you too, it'd be really good if we both got in, although that'll depend on how amazing we are compared to everyone else :tongue:
Original post by gkallikas
Yeah, I didn't get it unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that mate, did they tell you why?
Good luck with your other unis though
Reply 8695
do keble/oxford send you an email if they reject you or do you just ... not hear anything???
Reply 8696
Got an interview for medicine from the 13th-14th at St.Edmund's Hall. Anyone else from there? :smile:
Original post by chsdg
do keble/oxford send you an email if they reject you or do you just ... not hear anything???

You should get an email, although I've heard that some colleges will send out a letter for rejections instead
Reply 8698
Original post by not you
You should get an email, although I've heard that some colleges will send out a letter for rejections instead

ahh okay great thanks for telling me because i've applied to keble and apparently they posted the invites to my subject (archaeology & anthropology) today and i haven't heard anything in like??? any form??? but apparently a lot of people haven't so ...
Original post by chsdg

I believe for some other subjects they sent acceptances via email and rejections via post (if not an international student). Seems very old fashioned and redundant, especially as some of those rejected didn't find out straight away due to posting delay!

Latest

Trending

Trending