The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chsdg
do keble/oxford send you an email if they reject you or do you just ... not hear anything???

Letter. Rejections are posted at the same time as offers, so no news means absolutely nothing
Original post by not you
Sorry to hear that mate, did they tell you why?
Good luck with your other unis though

Thanks :smile: not specifically, they just sent the generic rejection email, talking about the selection process and how competitive it is. But I still have other unis so I'll focus on those now!
Original post by chsdg
ahh okay great thanks for telling me because i've applied to keble and apparently they posted the invites to my subject (archaeology & anthropology) today and i haven't heard anything in like??? any form??? but apparently a lot of people haven't so ...

They only posted the letters today, so it will take until tomorrow or potentially Thursday for them to actually get to you, good luck!
Original post by gkallikas
Thanks :smile: not specifically, they just sent the generic rejection email, talking about the selection process and how competitive it is. But I still have other unis so I'll focus on those now!

Oh god not the 'yeah sorry about that too many applicants too little spaces ok bye' letter, honestly I think those are pretty cruel in that they dress up the rejection as if they're really sorry about it when the interview selection process is literally done by a computer algorithm
Reply 8704
Original post by lawhopefu1
Letter. Rejections are posted at the same time as offers, so no news means absolutely nothing

ahh okay thanks!!!

Original post by cathyobrien98
They only posted the letters today, so it will take until tomorrow or potentially Thursday for them to actually get to you, good luck!

gosh thats so scary - good luck to you as well! maybe we will see each other there haha!

Original post by bulbawill
I believe for some other subjects they sent acceptances via email and rejections via post (if not an international student). Seems very old fashioned and redundant, especially as some of those rejected didn't find out straight away due to posting delay!

yeah seems sort of old and also needlessly nerve wracking but whatever
Original post by chsdg
do keble/oxford send you an email if they reject you or do you just ... not hear anything???

Hi there, i have applied to keble for CS and still havent had a reply.
They have sent out the letters today for our subjects and so we should get a letter tomorrow or thursday for the answer.
Just because they havent sent anything does not mean that they have rejected you!
Both offers and Rejections are sent at the same time through the same means.
Good Luck!!
Original post by ranayounis
Hey guys! Does anyone have an interview at Pembroke from 8-11 December? :smile:

Me :biggrin:

I don't know how to prepare for this interview, does anyone have any tips? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress
Medicine rejection, as expected. Best of luck to all other medics/applicants with their interviews :h:

AHHH no their loss I'm sure can i ask your stats and grades and stuff :smile: ? thx
Original post by Heisenberg97
engineering at st johns. I still hav imperial to hope for though

That's a shame :frown: Good luck for Imperial though!!!
Got an interview for Law next week, honestly in shock😅 does anyone have any tips to prepare? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
28 Oxbridge applicants at my school, and as of this evening 27 have heard yes/no to interview. It's nice to be the last guy waiting :P
Original post by not you
Oh god not the 'yeah sorry about that too many applicants too little spaces ok bye' letter, honestly I think those are pretty cruel in that they dress up the rejection as if they're really sorry about it when the interview selection process is literally done by a computer algorithm

Yes it's truly a marvelous time for everyone concerned. I can't really expect them to handwrite me a letter through considering how they rejected over a thousand medicine applicants preinterview. Anyway, good luck! Hope you succeed! It's about a one in three chance for you now I think which is a step up!
Original post by not you
Congratulations, I've got one too for St Hugh's and LMH
I don't think they particularly care whether or not you have a nose stud, 99% certain they care more about your ability as a doctor/academic than your decision to pierce your nose :tongue:

Congrats to you too! Mine's for St Anne's and Magdalen :biggrin:

That makes sense, I won't worry too much then :biggrin: thanks!
Original post by GeorgiaAnnBeal
Got an interview for Law next week, honestly in shock😅 does anyone have any tips to prepare? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woohoo! Look who I've found on a thread randomly! (N.B. I'm not a stalker...) I got a "very likely" to get an interview email. Congrats Georgia. See you at Rangers! :wink:
Will they post the invitation letter to us as well before we receive the email?
Original post by GoldStarStickers

Original post by The-Spartan
Hi there, i have applied to keble for CS and still havent had a reply.
They have sent out the letters today for our subjects and so we should get a letter tomorrow or thursday for the answer.
Just because they havent sent anything does not mean that they have rejected you!
Both offers and Rejections are sent at the same time through the same means.
Good Luck!!
Rejection from Medicine despite a 76.8% BMAT. Trying to figure out what did it - my age, or being an international student. Any internationals here with a Medicine interview? What was your percentage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GoldStarStickers

Hey, I have a nose stud too! Luckily it's healed up cus I've had it for more than a year, so I think I might just quickly take it out just before the interview and put it back in straight after :tongue: Don't want to take any chances
Original post by connieiscrazy
This is literally me, I feel like I woni't be able to sleep for a week now :h:

Join the club haha I get stress induced insomnia 😭😂
I'm applying for mathematics, and I guess that means the email will not be sent until you receive your posted letter. Can I ask you what website did you find that update news?
Original post by opaleyedragon
Hey, The Spartan :smile: I am still waiting for an email from Keble for Computer Science too. I saw they have updated their website a few minutes ago saying "Interview decision letters have been posted for the following subjects. Computer Science; Mathematics & Computer Science; Archaeology & Anthropology - 1st December "What do you think that means? They have sent them to our emails or by post? Because I have been checking my email and have not received anything yet.
Original post by Sallyyan22
Will they post the invitation letter to us as well before we receive the email?

No, AFAIK they only send letters from Keble, and we only then get an E-Mail from UCAS at the end of December. I think letters are the only way they contact us with responses :smile:

Latest