The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
UCL does very few early rejections because of the way its interview process. They assign an overall 'priority' to each application that isn't incomplete and then go through them in descending order until they run out of interview slots, which is usually around March time. At that point, I imagine a lot of people get rejected en masse.

I'm a gap year applicant. :smile:

I see you around everywhere :biggrin: You always have the most well-informed replies haha.
Do you mind me asking where you applied and what your stats are?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by chehjuan
I see you around everywhere :biggrin: You always have the most well-informed replies haha.
Do you mind me asking where you applied and what your stats are?

Thanks. :colondollar: Not at all:

GCSE: Eight A*s, two As, one B and one C (last two in irrelevant subjects).
A Level: A*AAB achieved plus A in Welsh Bacc Core (accepted by UCL and hoping it gets counted as a 'contrasting subject' :lol:)
BMAT: Too afraid to check; I'm just gonna wait for an interview/rejection. :redface:
Work experience: Hospital, GP surgery.
Voluntary work: Care home, St John Ambulance.
Extracurricular: Air cadets, guitar, MOOC (relevant to medical science), won second place in the Wales National BrainBee.

I think that's it. :3 I applied to UCL, Cardiff, Exeter and Bristol.
Original post by Hydeman
Thanks. :colondollar: Not at all:

GCSE: Eight A*s, two As, one B and one C (last two in irrelevant subjects).
A Level: A*AAB achieved plus A in Welsh Bacc Core (accepted by UCL and hoping it gets counted as a 'contrasting subject' :lol:)
BMAT: Too afraid to check; I'm just gonna wait for an interview/rejection. :redface:
Work experience: Hospital, GP surgery.
Voluntary work: Care home, St John Ambulance.
Extracurricular: Air cadets, guitar, MOOC (relevant to medical science), won second place in the Wales National BrainBee.

I think that's it. :3 I applied to UCL, Cardiff, Exeter and Bristol.

Great stats! :smile: I don't think I would have been able to live without checking my BMAT results though haha! All the best :smile:
Original post by amccluskey
Yeah I'm a gap year applicant, still haven't heard any news which is good, as our interviews would be in January, fingers crossed lad

yeah January is the one! how did your bmat go? Also do you think UCL take a certain amount of reapplicants?
Original post by Hydeman
UCL does very few early rejections because of the way its interview process works. They assign an overall 'priority' to each application that isn't incomplete and then go through them in descending order until they run out of interview slots, which is usually around March time. At that point, I imagine a lot of people get rejected en masse.

I'm a gap year applicant. :smile:

Good luck! With your stats I'm sure you'll be fine!
Original post by helloravers
Good luck! With your stats I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks. :smile: Good luck to you too!
Scored alright in the BMAT, just got an Oxford rejection which knocks the confidence a bit 😨 5.7 5.4 5A and yourself?
Reply 207
Scored alright in the BMAT, just got an Oxford rejection which knocks the confidence a bit 😨 5.7 5.4 5A and yourself?

What are your GCSEs like?
Original post by CamZZ_H
What are your GCSEs like?

9 A* 2As not as impressive as some of the ones I'm seeing here sadly, being from NI my school only let me do a maximum of 11 :/
9 A* 2As not as impressive as some of the ones I'm seeing here sadly, being from NI my school only let me do a maximum of 11 :/

That's surprising, then -- you would've had 65.5 percent on Oxford's weighted BMAT score and 82 percent A*s at GCSE is very good indeed. Maybe the competition is too high this year. :dontknow:
Original post by Hydeman
That's surprising, then -- you would've had 65.5 percent on Oxford's weighted BMAT score and 82 percent A*s at GCSE is very good indeed. Maybe the competition is too high this year. :dontknow:

Tbh, I didn't get a single interview last year and I've got 1 already this year, so I'm already at a personal best! 😊 ucl would be a dream though hopefully they give us an interview shot 👍
Tbh, I didn't get a single interview last year and I've got 1 already this year, so I'm already at a personal best! 😊 ucl would be a dream though hopefully they give us an interview shot 👍

where have you applied this year?
Original post by 
where have you applied this year?

For Medicine: Oxford (rejected) Newcastle (interview offer) Bristol and UCL
And then my 5th which is theoretical physics, have an offer from Leeds, but not sure if I would take it if I get frozen out this year again
For Medicine: Oxford (rejected) Newcastle (interview offer) Bristol and UCL
And then my 5th which is theoretical physics, have an offer from Leeds, but not sure if I would take it if I get frozen out this year again

tough bunch what was your ukcat??
Original post by 
tough bunch what was your ukcat??

Was fairly average if I'm honest 2780, but as Bristol don't take it and it must've passed Newcastle then I'm happy enough
What are you going for and how did you shoot in both?
Was fairly average if I'm honest 2780, but as Bristol don't take it and it must've passed Newcastle then I'm happy enough

average was 2530, thats good.
Original post by 
average was 2530, thats good.

With a 2530 ukcat, I wonder why you would send me a message saying 'suck your mum'?
Got my interview date today, anyone else get 20th January? Buzzed now
Got my interview date today, anyone else get 20th January? Buzzed now

Hi! Are you a gap year/graduate/international/school leaver applicant?
Would you mind sharing your stats? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending