TSR Prime Minister's Questions - December 1, 2015 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Prime Minister's Questions

Welcome to the latest instalment of PMQs.

PMQs is an opportunity for members to debate the policies and ideas of the MHoC's Prime Minister, the Rt Hon. Saracen's Fez MP, who will answer your questions over the course of two days.

The Leader of the Opposition, the Rt Hon. Life_peer MP, may ask two questions, with a follow-up question for each. MPs may ask one question, with one follow-up. Ordinary users may ask one question with no follow-ups. Please keep the joke questions to a minimum.

(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
QFA
(Original post by Life_peer)
QFA
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
May I ask how the new Prime Minister is fitting into his new role?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To answer Q1, today I had meetings with ministerial colleagues and others, and in addition to my duties in this House I shall have further such meetings into the night until I finally go to bed.

(Original post by James Milibanter)
May I ask how the new Prime Minister is fitting into his new role?
Very well so far, I'm continually grateful for the support of my party and government colleagues and I hope we have made the transition as seamlessly as possible.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd like to congratulate my friend and long-time colleague on his appointment to Prime Minister. I know he'll do an amazing job and having had the genuine pleasure of working closely with him till now I'm very happy to see him in the top job.

Can the PM briefly comment for the House on his vision for the country now that he is leading the government?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
May I ask the Prime Minister whether or not cuts to Police budgets will affect the seasonal campaign against drink-driving, and the road casualties that may result?
GaelicBolshevik
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
May I ask the Prime Minister if he is willing to continue with the TSR Labour Party's honourable bourgeois workers party stance or whether he is of the liberal-right wing/Blairite persuasion?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
I'd like to congratulate my friend and long-time colleague on his appointment to Prime Minister. I know he'll do an amazing job and having had the genuine pleasure of working closely with him till now I'm very happy to see him in the top job.

Can the PM briefly comment for the House on his vision for the country now that he is leading the government?
Mr Speaker, I'd like to first of all briefly pay tribute to my Right Honourable friend. He has served the country excellently as Prime Minister on two separate occasions, and stepped in admirably in the absence of an active Prime Minister on a third occasion.

Mr Speaker, I want to see broadly social democratic and pragmatic reforming policies put into action, to provide an alternative system to the bull-in-china-shop disregard exercised by the Cameron government, and I'm confident that my Government will succeed in doing that.

(Original post by barnetlad)
May I ask the Prime Minister whether or not cuts to Police budgets will affect the seasonal campaign against drink-driving, and the road casualties that may result?
I think making police cuts at this time would be stupid, given the situation we face. I did read somewhere, it may have been here and I don't remember the reliability or not of the source, that more police went out on the streets of Paris in the 24 hours following the attacks than we have in total in this country. We don't need to cut numbers further.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DMcGovern)
May I ask the Prime Minister if he is willing to continue with the TSR Labour Party's honourable bourgeois workers party stance or whether he is of the liberal-right wing/Blairite persuasion?
Mr Speaker, I was very clear internally in my leadership campaign that the position of the Labour Party will be driven by its membership. I would also remind the Honourable gentleman that Blairism is not right-wing. I personally identify as a Blairite, and I'm very much on the centre-left.
GaelicBolshevik
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Speaker, I was very clear internally in my leadership campaign that the position of the Labour Party will be driven by its membership.
Fair enough then

I would also remind the Honourable gentleman that Blairism is not right-wing. I personally identify as a Blairite, and I'm very much on the centre-left.
Well, meh, that's your opinion
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Speaker,

I would like to congratulate the Right Honourable member on his appointment as Prime Minister, and I look forward to serving under him as Home Secretary.

Does the Prime Minister support potential airstrikes in Syria, and under what circumstances if he does?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Speaker, I'd like to first of all briefly pay tribute to my Right Honourable friend. He has served the country excellently as Prime Minister on two separate occasions, and stepped in admirably in the absence of an active Prime Minister on a third occasion.

Mr Speaker, I want to see broadly social democratic and pragmatic reforming policies put into action, to provide an alternative system to the bull-in-china-shop disregard exercised by the Cameron government, and I'm confident that my Government will succeed in doing that.
I thank my right honourable friend for his kind tribute and excellent answer.
If I think of another question, I shall ask one.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Mr Speaker,

I would like to congratulate the Right Honourable member on his appointment as Prime Minister, and I look forward to serving under him as Home Secretary.

Does the Prime Minister support potential airstrikes in Syria, and under what circumstances if he does?
I am certainly not ideologically opposed to air strikes in Syria, but as a part of a bigger long-term plan for the area, which may involve a ground invasion.

If I were voting tomorrow, it would probably be a hesitant aye, having seen the text of the motion.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
May I ask the newly elected Prime Minister what he would like to do to aid the disabled; whether it be as simple as maintaining the current system or reforming the area?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Speaker, is the new Prime Minister concerned that reports from Oldham West suggest that only the immigrant vote may put them over the line. Is it a concern for future Mhoc elections that the public don't seem to be buying his brand of extremism.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am certainly not ideologically opposed to air strikes in Syria, but as a part of a bigger long-term plan for the area, which may involve a ground invasion.

If I were voting tomorrow, it would probably be a hesitant aye, having seen the text of the motion.
I thank the Prime Minister for his reply. As a follow-up question, does the Prime Minister believe there is a good enough plan in place for the aftermath of airstrikes on Syria should they take place?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
May I ask the newly elected Prime Minister what he would like to do to aid the disabled; whether it be as simple as maintaining the current system or reforming the area?
Mr Speaker, I have no doubt that the Treasury will put together a fairer system of financial support for those whose disabilities do not allow them to work and earn in the traditional manner. This will form part of our strategy to reduce the unnecessary strain that the lives of disabled people are being put under by the RL administration.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Mr Speaker, is the new Prime Minister concerned that reports from Oldham West suggest that only the immigrant vote may put them over the line. Is it a concern for future Mhoc elections that the public don't seem to be buying his brand of extremism.
Who is "he"?

It is certainly very concerning however that Labour are struggling as they are in what should be a pretty safe seat, and would have been so a couple of years ago.

If the Right Honourable gentleman is referring to my brand of extremism, I don't know what he's talking about. If it's you know who's, then it remains a worry. From the, albeit limited, telephone canvassing I have done in the last couple of months, it seems that whilst people like Corbyn's attitude, they are less sure about his policies and so it is not necessarily turning into votes.

(Original post by PetrosAC)
I thank the Prime Minister for his reply. As a follow-up question, does the Prime Minister believe there is a good enough plan in place for the aftermath of airstrikes on Syria should they take place?
I haven't seen any evidence of a good-enough plan, otherwise it would be a much-less-hesitant aye, but in reality there is still some time to prepare as our plan in any case will need to be flexible as to the possible outcomes and by-products of war in Syria.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who is "he"?

It is certainly very concerning however that Labour are struggling as they are in what should be a pretty safe seat, and would have been so a couple of years ago.

If the Right Honourable gentleman is referring to my brand of extremism, I don't know what he's talking about. If it's you know who's, then it remains a worry. From the, albeit limited, telephone canvassing I have done in the last couple of months, it seems that whilst people like Corbyn's attitude, they are less sure about his policies and so it is not necessarily turning into votes.

I haven't seen any evidence of a good-enough plan, otherwise it would be a much-less-hesitant aye, but in reality there is still some time to prepare as our plan in any case will need to be flexible as to the possible outcomes and by-products of war in Syria.
Thankyou. Yes, i was referring to the Comrade and his potential impact on TSR Labour's future election results if Oldham is an indicator.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Thankyou. Yes, i was referring to the Comrade and his potential impact on TSR Labour's future election results if Oldham is an indicator.
Thankfully for us he seems to still remain popular with the TSR demographic. I would even perhaps be more worried were he replaced by a moderate that would have a wider appeal and thus a better chance of winning a RL election, but was less popular amongst the young.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mr Speaker, I have no doubt that the Treasury will put together a fairer system of financial support for those whose disabilities do not allow them to work and earn in the traditional manner. This will form part of our strategy to reduce the unnecessary strain that the lives of disabled people are being put under by the RL administration.
I thank the Prime Minister for his reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (196)
71.27%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
17.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (31)
11.27%

Watched Threads