The Student Room Group

How prestigious is Warwick for economics

Hey guys, so basically i got my LSE offer today for economics and i had my Warwick economics offer last week (i applied in september sometime) so these 2 were my top 2 choices. But i have decided to go for Warwick since i enjoyed the atmosphere at Warwick a lot more than LSE and i really dont want to spend my university years in London since not only is it very expensive for me but i also want to avoid the city for 3 years.

So my question is how prestigious and respected an economics degree from warwick is in your guys opinion, i am already aware its a top university but i just want to know how the employers and general public/students would perceive an economics degree from warwick.

thanks!

Scroll to see replies

the university itself is very prestigous but when it comes to Maths or economics its very very very prestigious and all best and selective employers have Warwick on their list where they actively hire from along with some other big names eg oxbridge lse imperial etc so with a warwick degree in economics your working with the best, well done on the offers!
As a 1st year economics student at warwick i can tell you that an Economics degree from Warwick is very highly rated by both the employers and general public and the reputation of the university is growing very fast not only domestically but also internationally so you will be in good hands at Warwick!
Reply 3
Thanks guys i want some more opinions :smile:
Reply 4
Congrats!

Warwick is up there with the best in the UK and is respected highly. Employers will view it highly and it's a target uni for IB; I'd personally take LSE in a heartbeat but you wouldn't want to go somewhere where you'll be unhappy.

You have a good amount of time to think about your decision, take your time and pick what you like the most
Reply 5
Original post by iBall
Congrats!

Warwick is up there with the best in the UK and is respected highly. Employers will view it highly and it's a target uni for IB; I'd personally take LSE in a heartbeat but you wouldn't want to go somewhere where you'll be unhappy.

You have a good amount of time to think about your decision, take your time and pick what you like the most

Thanks and yes LSE probably has the edge over warwick when it comes to economics but i dont think the difference between them is big enough for me to jeopardise my hapiness so i will most likely be firming warwick.
Reply 6
What is your profile btw ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwick is very good and they are known for preparing students very well on the mathematical and technical side of economics so if you want to progress to an MSc or further research afterwards you will be well prepared.
Reply 8
Original post by Sammy2534
What is your profile btw ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ehm what do you mean by profle? My GCSEs + A levels?
Reply 9
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Warwick is very good and they are known for preparing students very well on the mathematical and technical side of economics so if you want to progress to an MSc or further research afterwards you will be well prepared.

Yes i want to do a financial mathematics Msc at either lse, warwick or imperial
I would say Warwick is very well respected especially for Econ/Maths

What were your A level subjects? And congrats on those offers too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by banterking50
Hey guys, so basically i got my LSE offer today for economics and i had my Warwick economics offer last week (i applied in september sometime) so these 2 were my top 2 choices. But i have decided to go for Warwick since i enjoyed the atmosphere at Warwick a lot more than LSE and i really dont want to spend my university years in London since not only is it very expensive for me but i also want to avoid the city for 3 years.

So my question is how prestigious and respected an economics degree from warwick is in your guys opinion, i am already aware its a top university but i just want to know how the employers and general public/students would perceive an economics degree from warwick.

thanks!

Its one of the most targeted universities at large firms for finance related careers.
Original post by Don Joiner
I would say Warwick is very well respected especially for Econ/Maths

What were your A level subjects? And congrats on those offers too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and German achieved AABAA at AS Respectively predicted A*A*AAA respectively. And thanks!
Original post by kkboyk
Its one of the most targeted universities at large firms for finance related careers.

Yeah i think they send loads of guys into finance along with oxbridge lse imperial etc even my cousin who did his summer at JP morgan told me how warwick students seemed to be everywhere haha and i havent currently decided what i want to do but it will be something along the lines of banking/consulting
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Just received an offer for economics at University of Edinburgh and St. Andrews. Does anyone here have any opinions on prestige for economics at these universities,

Thanks
Warwick is o.k not as good as westminster tho.
Original post by Trevormacdonald
Warwick is o.k not as good as westminster tho.

Original post by Raph8el
Just received an offer for economics at University of Edinburgh and St. Andrews. Does anyone here have any opinions on prestige for economics at these universities,

Thanks

Why not make your own thread?
Reply 18
Just posted it now.
Original post by Imperion

What?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending