The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Still haven't heard for Maths... :s-smilie:
I got an interview invitation today for medicine at Somerville and St Anne's :smile:

I'm super nervous and excited :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pars12
Especially since it is considerably more expensive these days to send by post than by email. I wonder if they know ... ?

I thik they pre purchase the envelopes or whatever they use at a discounted price. So, it is much cheaper than what you would buy. Your application fee prob pays for that quite well :P
Original post by FutureOxford3
I thik they pre purchase the envelopes or whatever they use at a discounted price. So, it is much cheaper than what you would buy. Your application fee prob pays for that quite well :P

There is a famous story of a company that bought three warehouses full of carbon paper at a ridiculously low price. Two or three years before the wordprocessor arrived.

You probably don't even know what carbon paper is.

lol
Original post by FutureOxford3

The application fee is paid to UCAS not Oxford, but the colleges definitely have enough money to pay for postage if they want to!
Reply 8745
Original post by amyfff
I have interviews at St Peter's and LMH for engineering science but thought the PAT went really badly. Anyone else there 14th Dec for eng sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not for engineering science but am at st. peters for chemistry at the same time
Original post by Pars12
There is a famous story of a company that bought three warehouses full of carbon paper at a ridiculously low price. Two or three years before the wordprocessor arrived.

You probably don't even know what carbon paper is.

lol

Carbon paper is still used in banks around the world , the company can just sell them to the banks.
Original post by kind3110
Thanks God. I am not the only Engineering one left out.
Electrical Engg (LMG college).

Wait is killing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're an international applicant, correct? That's probably why we've been kept for the end.

A family friend of mine has also applied for eng sci (at Balliol), she hasn't heard anything yet either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amyfff
I have interviews at St Peter's and LMH for engineering science but thought the PAT went really badly. Anyone else there 14th Dec for eng sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview at LMH ( second college) on 15. I'll be there a few days earlier but staying at a diff college (St catz)
Original post by theonetruequeen
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're an international applicant, correct? That's probably why we've been kept for the end.

A family friend of mine has also applied for eng sci (at Balliol), she hasn't heard anything yet either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an international applicant, but I already got my invitation last week
Original post by hermionegrangcr
I'm an international applicant, but I already got my invitation last week

Engineering sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theonetruequeen
Engineering sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Physics c:
Original post by luckystarr
I applied to univ too! But for psychology and linguistics ahhh why are univ taking so long:'( let me know if you hear from them please!

I got rejected sadly. It's not the end of the world though*drowns in a pool of his tears*
Good luck luckystarr!
Original post by hermionegrangcr
No. Physics c:

Exactly, I was talking about engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
who else got an interview at Oxford?
Original post by misschievous2505
who else got an interview at Oxford?

A lot of people have already got their interview invitation
Original post by tanyapotter
Do you mean which course? I applied for Mechanical Engineering with a Year Abroad and had my interview on the 25th of November..should hear the outcome by the end of the week. You?

I see....... I applied to civil and got offer few days ago. My wait took about three weeks so........ Good luck😊
Original post by SamLLLLiu
I see....... I applied to civil and got offer few days ago. My wait took about three weeks so........ Good luck😊

Congrats! At the admissions day they said I would hear from them within 10 days, so hopefully they'll reply sooner :/
hey when can we ask for feedback as to why we didn't get an interview?
Received an interview from St Hilda's :smile: although not my first choice.
Anyone know why I've been offered an alternative college?

Latest

Trending

Trending