The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything from Bristol GEM other than the email saying they are "still assessing applications"?
Original post by TillyThea
There was no box on the Warwick form in which to outline brief responsibilities was there? Was just contacts and ticking boxes..? Or did I miss this free entry box?? 😨

Yeah, I just had it outlined on my reference letter (I typed it up myself so I made sure everything was on there :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by renoufcaitlin
Has anyone heard anything from Bristol GEM other than the email saying they are "still assessing applications"?

I have, I got an interview offer a couple weeks ago. You are the first Bristol GEM applicant I've seen!! I'm assuming A101 (I've seen a few graduates for A100)?
Swansea offers going out:

Thank you for your recent application to study Graduate Entry Medicine (UCAS course code A101) at Swansea University. Due to the volume of high-calibre applications received this year, we applied a GAMSAT cut-off of 59 with a minimum score of 50 in Section III Reasoning in Biological & Physical Sciences. We are therefore delighted to invite you to attend the Graduate Entry Medicine Selection Centre at Swansea University Medical School for the next step in our selection process.
Original post by Aliviarara
I have, I got an interview offer a couple weeks ago. You are the first Bristol GEM applicant I've seen!! I'm assuming A101 (I've seen a few graduates for A100)?

I also applied to Bristol for both A101 and A100 but haven't heard anything besides the generic emails. When is your interview?
Original post by nature_elf
I also applied to Bristol for both A101 and A100 but haven't heard anything besides the generic emails. When is your interview?

It's Dec 10th, so next week... Incredible nervous every time I think about it. I don't see the MMI going well for me :s-smilie:

The other graduate I saw applying for A100 hasn't heard anything back yet either. Also all of the 2016 dates are still free and one December date too. So they're not done yet!
Original post by Aliviarara
It's Dec 10th, so next week... Incredible nervous every time I think about it. I don't see the MMI going well for me :s-smilie:

The other graduate I saw applying for A100 hasn't heard anything back yet either. Also all of the 2016 dates are still free and one December date too. So they're not done yet!

Oh well good luck - I'm sure you'll do great! Just be yourself and everything will be fine! :biggrin:
My work experience info for Warwick is really starting to get pulled together, this is so exciting! After several years of slowly losing hope I finally feel like I may have a shot at medicine :smile:
Original post by ThomasPassion
Swansea offers going out:

Happy to have just made the cut off, are you planning on going to the applicant visit day at all?
Hi guys,

Another question about the Warwick work experience forms...sorry if it's already been asked!

I've been working as an HCA for the last 5 weeks; I've done about 176 hours in total but about 60 of those have been in mandatory training. Should I just put down the hours I've spent in clinic? Similarly, should I include time spent at St John Ambulance training or just the number of hours I've spent on active duty?

Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by gradmed1989
Hi guys,

Another question about the Warwick work experience forms...sorry if it's already been asked!

I've been working as an HCA for the last 5 weeks; I've done about 176 hours in total but about 60 of those have been in mandatory training. Should I just put down the hours I've spent in clinic? Similarly, should I include time spent at St John Ambulance training or just the number of hours I've spent on active duty?

Thanks for your help :smile:

I'm including my training, but I only had 30 hours of training, and most of that was directly about patient care (first aid, basic life support etc) so I think it's relevant. There doesn't seem to be any guidelines for this though!

However, if you've only been working there for 5 weeks then surely it's after the time period they're asking about? They request the hours up to and including October 15th (UCAS deadline day).
Original post by SummerSunshine
I'm including my training, but I only had 30 hours of training, and most of that was directly about patient care (first aid, basic life support etc) so I think it's relevant. There doesn't seem to be any guidelines for this though!

However, if you've only been working there for 5 weeks then surely it's after the time period they're asking about? They request the hours up to and including October 15th (UCAS deadline day).

Very good point! Thanks! Good job my SJA hours just about cover it :smile: good luck for the rest of the process.
Original post by gradmed1989
Very good point! Thanks! Good job my SJA hours just about cover it :smile: good luck for the rest of the process.

Ah that's good!! You can still talk about the HCA job at interview! :smile:

Thank you, you too!
Original post by LostInYourMusic
Just the hours you've done, and a brief outline of your responsibilities. I assume that's to make sure it covers the kind of work experience they're looking for. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks:smile:. Warwick form successfully filled in, slightly unnerving not to get any confirmation except the end screen with the referee letter. Has anyone got any confirmation emails from Notts after uploading the completed work experience document?
Interview for Newcastle has come through!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LuceeeeeT
Interview for Newcastle has come through!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Ukcat?
Original post by SummerSunshine

Hi fellow SJA person here! Did you happen to be a cadet as I'm not sure how far back to go (although to be fair I only did a few duties as a cadet anyway). Also are you including your weekly training sessions or not? Thank you and good luck with everything :smile:
Original post by Ooompalumpa
Congrats! Ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, can someone help me out! Filled out my warwick work experience survey and can't get back to the window with the example of an appropriate reference to obtain from my referee. Is it possible if someone could upload it/send it to me? Would be grateful :smile:
Original post by elliejanel
Hi, can someone help me out! Filled out my warwick work experience survey and can't get back to the window with the example of an appropriate reference to obtain from my referee. Is it possible if someone could upload it/send it to me? Would be grateful :smile:

image.png

Here you go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending