The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I haven't heard from Physics either
Original post by exolexo_
I got an Skype interview from St. John's for Beginnes' Italian and Linguistics. Anyone?:smile:

I have an interview for Beginners' Italian and Russian :smile:

Have you studied Italian before? How are you preparing for the interview?
Original post by hugheshallettj
do you think i should send them an email at some point? Or maybe worcester physics is just taking their time..?

I wouldn't worry yet.
Original post by mariashamak
I have an interview for Beginners' Italian and Russian :smile:

Have you studied Italian before? How are you preparing for the interview?

Nah:tongue: I'm searching for past interviews' questions and comments made by interviewees in previous years. But it seems not so many ppl applying for this subject so far.
Original post by Sallyyan22
I'm applying for mathematics, and I guess that means the email will not be sent until you receive your posted letter. Can I ask you what website did you find that update news?

I found this at Keble's official website. Good luck with ur application :smile:
I applied to Worcester for Maths and haven't heard anything so phoned this morning. Letters (not emails) were posted yesterday and some today so expect to hear in the next day or so if you're an Worcester applicant. Good Luck
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lou77777
Got interviews for medicine at Brasenose and Hertford on the 14th and 15th!!! So shocked..didn't think my BMAT or gcse results would cut it!

Please could you post your stats? Thanks
Original post by FutureOxford3
How can the person you quoted be applying to both Cam and Ox?

They aren't. If you read it, they said 'maybe I should have applied to Cam', also, the first part of their post was in reference to their friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you get an offer it will at be the one you interviewed. However, allocation for interview does not equate to an offer.

Not necessarily. Candidates can get an open offer (where the college would be decided at a later date). Or, can be pooled such that other colleges can look at the overall application then decide to make that person an offer, instead of the college where they initially interviewed at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IsaacMed17
Still haven't heard for Maths... :s-smilie:

Which college are you applying for?
I'm waiting for St Hugh's for Math.
If you get an offer it will at be the one you interviewed. However, allocation for interview does not equate to an offer.

That's just wrong. You can get an offer from any college that does your course, even if they never interviewed you. You can even get an offer that's open, wherein you won't know what college you are going to till August.
Original post by Princepieman
Not necessarily. Candidates can get an open offer (where the college would be decided at a later date). Or, can be pooled such that other colleges can look at the overall application then decide to make that person an offer, instead of the college where they initially interviewed at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many thanks, that's very interesting!
Does anybody know how English interviews will go? Like will they want in-depth discussions of books I mentioned in my personal statement? Are there any books they will expect me to have read? I'm scared they might want a discussion of a book "I should have read" :/
Original post by BritishBean
That's just wrong. You can get an offer from any college that does your course, even if they never interviewed you. You can even get an offer that's open, wherein you won't know what college you are going to till August.

Thank you!
Original post by Ecconomist
Does anyone know what day interviews are likely to happen if say I have to arrive by 14.00 on Wednesday 9th and leave no later than 14.00 on Friday 11th?

On any day - you could have them Wednesday afternoon/early evening, Thursday at any time or Friday morning.
The St. John's interview sending list has disappeared. How should I take that?
http://www.sjc.ox.ac.uk/2963/Candidates'-News.html
(still waiting on maths)
Reply 8796
I received an email saying that I'm shortlisted and am very likely going to be invited for interview (Graduate Medicine).
How confident can I be that I will get the interview? I don't know whether I should organise travel arrangements already ;D
Guys has anyone heard from Trinity about accommodation etc? :smile:
Original post by smallswedish
Guys has anyone heard from Trinity about accommodation etc? :smile:

I just got an interview for physics :biggrin:D
It only said that our 'accomodation and meals would be provided free-of-charge by Trinity College'- but not a separate letter or something like that :smile:
Original post by VinnyThePooh
I just got an interview for physics :biggrin:D
It only said that our 'accomodation and meals would be provided free-of-charge by Trinity College'- but not a separate letter or something like that :smile:

Ah did you get an e-mail from Trinity directly? I got it from the admissions...

Latest

Trending

Trending