The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've received interviews for Biomed at Balliol and St Catherine's. I'm so happy but really nervous!!
Original post by smallswedish
Ah did you get an e-mail from Trinity directly? I got it from the admissions...

What do you mean with admissions? I got it from admissions@trinity something- but that's still Trinity?
Original post by VinnyThePooh
What do you mean with admissions? I got it from admissions@trinity something- but that's still Trinity?

Ah I got it from medical school admissions... hope to receive an e-mail soon :smile:
Original post by mathsapp
I applied to Worcester for Maths and haven't heard anything so phoned this morning. Letters (not emails) were posted yesterday and some today so expect to hear in the next day or so if you're an Worcester applicant. Good Luck

Is that for any subject?
I look forward to possibly meeting you, I am also applying to Worcester, however instead for Engineering Science :smile:
Original post by theonetruequeen
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're an international applicant, correct? That's probably why we've been kept for the end.

A family friend of mine has also applied for eng sci (at Balliol), she hasn't heard anything yet either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not international and I haven't received any information about my Engineering Science application as of yet!
Original post by DanyaalHR
I'm planning to wear a suit (without a tie) and a jumper and then will probably change after interviews

I'm planning a suit and (bow) tie, but no jumper (or as we call it across the pond, sweater)
Reply 8806
Hey!

Is it possible to have my admissions test (the ELAT) under special consideration as I wasn't taught any of the skills tested in the paper- close reading or analyzing literature or any literary devices beyond metaphors and similes- in my school.
The syllabus in my country doesn't include it.

I had to teach myself under a very short period, and I don't think my test went that badly considering this fact. Is there any possibilities that the tutors would be willing to take this into account perhaps if I told them?

Somebody please, please reply quickly.
Original post by Skygliderjack
I'm not international and I haven't received any information about my Engineering Science application as of yet!

And I'm international and have received interview information, albeit for biological sciences, not engineering
Just received an interview invite for PPL at Univ! Sooo happy :biggrin:
Original post by Helen_Bennett
Anyone interviewing for medicine at Univ and/or Oriel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm at Oriel on the 14th for Med.
Original post by ilovecake123
people with medicine interviews, please could you post your stats

12A* GCSEs from a crap school
BMAT: S1 5.4, S2 5.9, S3 3.5A
Original post by NovNin
Hey!

Is it possible to have my admissions test (the ELAT) under special consideration as I wasn't taught any of the skills tested in the paper- close reading or analyzing literature or any literary devices beyond metaphors and similes- in my school.
The syllabus in my country doesn't include it.

I had to teach myself under a very short period, and I don't think my test went that badly considering this fact. Is there any possibilities that the tutors would be willing to take this into account perhaps if I told them?

Somebody please, please reply quickly.

did you get an interview yet?
St Hugh's, please say something about E&M. It just next week !!!!! I think I am going mad.
Original post by Newnham78
I wouldn't worry yet.

I have finally received my invitation. Good luck to your son.
Anybody at Magdalen 9th-11th? :smile:
Original post by misschievous2505
who else got an interview at Oxford?

okay then.what do you recommend i focus on for chemistry?
Reply 8816
Original post by FutureOxford3
did you get an interview yet?

No, I actually got rejected yesterday. It's really desperate, I know, but Oxford was my last hope for any kind of scholarship.
Original post by Skygliderjack

I am an international applicant, applied for Engg Science(Electrical) and haven't heard either. College =LMH
Original post by hugheshallettj
I have finally received my invitation. Good luck to your son.

Thanks. So has he. If you see a boy in shorts, introduce yourself!
So I've just seen on the interviews and offers thread that some people know which other colleges they have interviews at, does this mean that because my letter doesn't mention this, I don't have any other interviews? Or have Keble just not told me yet and I will find out when I get there, (if I have any at another college of course), where they are?

Latest

Trending

Trending