The Student Room Group

History of Art Applicants 2015/16!!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied for Art History with Material Studies at UCL?
What's everyone planning to do after their HoA degree? I'm def considering a law conversion or a HoA masters, but there are so many options career-wise idk what pathway to look into first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miahansen
What's everyone planning to do after their HoA degree? I'm def considering a law conversion or a HoA masters, but there are so many options career-wise idk what pathway to look into first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do conservation of painting's, preferably the post-graduate diploma at the Courtauld. :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by 1sh
Yayyyy! Which college did you apply for?

I applied for Worcester, got an interview on monday! Warwick tomorrow, although it is my 5th choice, i feel itll be relatively good for prep
Reply 44

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im thinking the same. law is a definite option, or even a masters idk!!
Just sent off my answers to ucl's questionnaire 😰😰
Reply 46
Hey anyone going up tomorrow before Oxford interview?
ahhh!
Reply 47
Just sent off my answers to ucl's questionnaire 😰😰

The first one was so tricky!
Reply 48
What is the questionnaire??
Original post by 1sh
The first one was so tricky!

Took me forever to get my head around that one:frown:
Good luck to you!!
Original post by FranScan97
What is the questionnaire??

Just asks you to respond to a piece of text and analyse an image!
I'm sure your questionnaire will find its way to you soon:smile:
Reply 51
Thank you, and I hope so!!
ahh samee!! did you find it tough??
Reply 53
Hey!

I finally got around to creating a profile here... took me long enough to find a HoA thread!
I've applied to Oxford (rejected heh), UCL, Edinburgh, Warwick and Exeter (HoA and visual culture), and I have offers from the last two. I went to an interview to Warwick which was super stressful and I'm so happy it turned out fine :smile:
Original post by chiaralatif
ahh samee!! did you find it tough??

Was such a ball ache!! Not as bad as this waiting game now though:s-smilie:
Hey guys,
So happy I came across this thread. I'm applying for HoA as well, still haven't decided where (I'm doing it all very impulsively and last-minute :biggrin: ). All of the places I am considering were already mentioned, but I have a quick question: Why has nobody applied to Goldsmiths in London? I'm yet to do thorough research on it, but there must be a particular reason why nobody finds it appealing, right?
Thanks in advance!
I've been offered a place at Goldsmiths! It's still a great creative uni but just doesn't have quite the same reputation as the others mentioned🙂 Seemed lovely on the open day though!
Would you mind sharing a few more words on your impressions from the open day? It would be helpful :smile:
The uni itself was really small but still had a lot going on, everyone was very artsy and cool, lecturers seemed lovely and there's a strong emphasis on contemporary art and visual culture. Halls were just your standard London student set up, about 6 or so to one kitchen in the building we looked at🙂 The area it's in in a bit rough round the edges but that means cheaper rent which is great!
I applied for University back in December, yet have only had three replies. I have applied for the Courtauld Institute, Warwick, Bristol, Brighton and Edinburgh. I was wondering whether anyone had heard back from the Courtauld? I know that Edinburgh are notoriously known for replying late so I'm not too worried about them.
I've got an interview at Brighton on the 6th and one for Warwick on the 20th. Does anyone have any advice about the interview days for these, or has anyone been to these universities already for the interview process?

It would be really appreciated, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending