The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University applicants for 2016 entry chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DominiqueNelson
Thank you Katie :smile: It's just that stuff at home isn't going well so I am quite distracted! :h:

Sorry to hear that things aren't so easy at the moment. Have you spoken to your tutors about what's happening? It's good to make them aware so that you get the support you need, especially when it comes to exams and things.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Hi,

Is there any update on my questions?

Thanks
Just sent my UCAS application off last week, waiting for an offer (or rejection) from Staff uni for Msc in Forensic Science. Any idea how long I will have to wait?
Reply 43
What course will you be applying for?
BENG Gameplay Production & Design Or BENG Gameplay Design

Where else are you thinking of applying to?
Hallam(Back up choice)
How are you feeling about starting uni?
Really Excited
When are you going to an open day?
Went to one on 2nd Decemeber
Hello,

I've applied to Staffordshire University for Law and received a conditional offer.

"Obtain a minimum of 260 points at GCE A-Level" bearing in mind I'm only doing two A-levels that would mean I have to get 2 A*s just to meet the minimum.

I already have 270 points by doing my AAT Accountancy combined with my AS levels (160+110)

I know every application is individual assessed but 2 A*s sounds very unexpected compared with other offers I have received

I'd like some clarification on this please.
Original post by Naz0210960272
Hello,

I've applied to Staffordshire University for Law and received a conditional offer.

"Obtain a minimum of 260 points at GCE A-Level" bearing in mind I'm only doing two A-levels that would mean I have to get 2 A*s just to meet the minimum.

I already have 270 points by doing my AAT Accountancy combined with my AS levels (160+110)

I know every application is individual assessed but 2 A*s sounds very unexpected compared with other offers I have received

Hi,

I have also applied to do law too :smile:
I applied through UCAS on October 12 and still haven't received anything back and I'm getting slightly worried :frown:
Do you mind me asking when you sent in your application?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by here's.hoping
Hi,I have applied for law and have not received my application back yet. I wondered if that department is slower on giving/ rejecting offers than some of the others as a couple of people have received theirs back from Staffs (different subjects) whereas I haven't heard anything back yet. Also, do Staffs offer prospective students unconditional offers at all? In addition to this I was also wondering if Staffs reject my application for Law (3 years) and offer me a place on the Law with foundation degree instead? Is that also possible?Many thanks.

Original post by here's.hoping
Hi,

Is there any update on my questions?

Thanks

Hey i'm Kris, i'm covering the official rep account while Katie is on holiday,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this, after talking to our team it all depends on what time the subject area has to review the applications which they receive. For some subjects they are able to review applications very quickly, but unfortunately the time length can vary. I will talk to our Law school again and see if they have any time scales for when they are likely to get back to you.

We do in some circumstances offer unconditional offers, but this all depends on your application.

If when we review your application feel that you would be more suited to the Law with foundation degree course then we can offer you that instead, it will all be down to your application.

If you do have any other questions then please do let me know and ill get back to you as soon as i can

Kris :smile:
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hey i'm Kris, i'm covering the official rep account while Katie is on holiday,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this, after talking to our team it all depends on what time the subject area has to review the applications which they receive. For some subjects they are able to review applications very quickly, but unfortunately the time length can vary. I will talk to our Law school again and see if they have any time scales for when they are likely to get back to you.

We do in some circumstances offer unconditional offers, but this all depends on your application.

If when we review your application feel that you would be more suited to the Law with foundation degree course then we can offer you that instead, it will all be down to your application.

If you do have any other questions then please do let me know and ill get back to you as soon as i can

Kris :smile:

Hi Kris,

Thank you very much for getting back to me, I actually just rang the admissions people to ask as to what stage my application is at and they said they'd send an email to say I raised a concern as to what is going on. I know a few people have got offers back and I have had my application in for around 2 months now and was getting slightly concerned. I am hoping they'll get back to me :smile:
Hello!

I've applied for Staffs University to study Adult Nursing and have my interview in February! I'm so nervous, is there anything in particular I need to know?
Hi,

I just received my offer for Law and confirmed it as my firm choice!
I hope everyone else is lucky with their applications also :smile:
Original post by jasminepaigewil
Hello!

I've applied for Staffs University to study Adult Nursing and have my interview in February! I'm so nervous, is there anything in particular I need to know?

Hey,
Congratulations on getting your interview, we look forward to seeing you in February,

Try not to worry, I've talked to our Nursing team and got a few tips to help you out :smile:

Come dressed smartly (like you would for a job interview)
The activities on the day you will have are a group talk, a numeracy test, a group discussion and an interview
We would also suggest reading some current campaigns on the RCN website / other Nursing journals so that you have more knowledge of the Nursing profession.

Keep us update with how you get on, and is there anything else which I can help you with?

Kris
(Covering the official rep while Katie is on Holiday)
Hey,

I sent off my UCAS application for Transport Design at Staffs just over a week ago. Just wondering how long I might have to wait to hear back as I really want to go to Staffs :smile:
Hey,

Sent off my UCAS a few days ago, I've applied to do Modern and International History at Staffs! This is my first choice so really hoping I hear off them soon, so far heard of 2 other uni's! :smile:
Original post by Naz0210960272
Hello,

Hey,

Sorry for the slow reply to this, I've talked to our enquiries team about this and for us to advise you properly we would need to talk to you directly. If you can give them a call on 01782 294400 or email them on [email protected] then they can go through your application with you.

(Now although I will be here over the Christmas break, no one from enquiries will be in after 4pm today until the 4th January 2016, but if you email they will get back to you as soon as they can)

Kris
Original post by THENAMEISTINA
Just sent my UCAS application off last week, waiting for an offer (or rejection) from Staff uni for Msc in Forensic Science. Any idea how long I will have to wait?

Original post by smartone97
Hey,

I sent off my UCAS application for Transport Design at Staffs just over a week ago. Just wondering how long I might have to wait to hear back as I really want to go to Staffs :smile:

Hey,

So talking to the teams, generally it will take a week for your application to be looked at and for us to get back to you. The time does vary between different subjects, but it shouldn't take too much longer.
There are exception's to this is, so if (as you should) have declared any disabilities or criminal convictions or you have a non-standard qualification which needs to be reviewed, it will take longer for us to fully review your application.
- It can also take slightly longer at this point in the year when staff members have time off for Christmas.

- If you have any questions about the application process or it seems to be taking a lot longer then please let me know and we'll try to have a look for you

Kris
Original post by RoisinFinnx
Hey,

Sent off my UCAS a few days ago, I've applied to do Modern and International History at Staffs! This is my first choice so really hoping I hear off them soon, so far heard of 2 other uni's! :smile:

Thats brilliant news, we're generally taking about a week to get back to people at the moment - so fingers crossed you might have an answer before christmas :smile:

Have you been to one of our open days?

Kris
Original post by Staffordshire University
Thats brilliant news, we're generally taking about a week to get back to people at the moment - so fingers crossed you might have an answer before christmas :smile:

Have you been to one of our open days?

Kris

Hey,

Still not heard back yet, though am waiting with anticipation! And yes I came to an open day in November and really liked the campus! The lecturer that was providing all of the history information also gave us a library tour which was really nice!! Do you know when abouts I will hear back??

thanks! :smile:
Original post by RoisinFinnx
Hey,

Still not heard back yet, though am waiting with anticipation! And yes I came to an open day in November and really liked the campus! The lecturer that was providing all of the history information also gave us a library tour which was really nice!! Do you know when abouts I will hear back??

thanks! :smile:

Hey,

That sounds good :smile: So if I remember right you came when it was really raining.
Unfortunately the people who are responsible for looking after applications are all on Christmas break, they'll back in from the 4th January, so you should hear at some point after then. (It'll all depend on where you application was in the process before Christmas - I thought that you might have got lucky with hearing back before Christmas).
But shouldn't be too long to wait now

Kris
Happy New Year everyone,
We hope that you have a brilliant 2016.
staffs happy new year.png
Have a quick look at what our students got up to in 2015. https://storify.com/StaffsUni/it-s-been-a-great-year
I've got an interview for the adult nursing degree at Staffordshire university and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether they require you to partake in a maths and English test as part of the interview process? Any other advice for the interview would be much appreciated :smile: thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending