The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CJaneH
So I've just seen on the interviews and offers thread that some people know which other colleges they have interviews at, does this mean that because my letter doesn't mention this, I don't have any other interviews? Or have Keble just not told me yet and I will find out when I get there, (if I have any at another college of course), where they are?

I think it's just the science/maths/engineering applicants who get to find out before actually coming to Oxford
Original post by mazzaion
I think it's just the science/maths/engineering applicants who get to find out before actually coming to Oxford

Oh okay thanks yeah I'm a law applicant
Original post by CJaneH
Oh okay thanks yeah I'm a law applicant

I'm Classics and I don't know yet either :smile:
By the way, has anyone got an email with further instructions in regard to interviews? I haven't and it's a little worrying...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mazzaion

Original post by CJaneH
So I've just seen on the interviews and offers thread that some people know which other colleges they have interviews at, does this mean that because my letter doesn't mention this, I don't have any other interviews? Or have Keble just not told me yet and I will find out when I get there, (if I have any at another college of course), where they are?

Some colleges say before you come, some don't, it isn't subject dependent but either way the information will be available when you're there so don't worry :smile:
Just got invitation for wadham college! I applied to st johns initially but wadham looks great. Anyone else preparing for a maths interview
Also, what kind of thing qualifies as a "special factor" to tell your interviewers about?
1449075551733.jpg
reading the first paragraph, I thought I was selected for interview after all but...😢😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anishkulkarni98
1449075551733.jpg
reading the first paragraph, I thought I was selected for interview after all but...😢😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont worry it not the end of the world lol
i just sent a first email saying
please could i get some feedback as to why i didn't get shortlisted for interview
is that what you wrote in your first email?
Original post by Drrycbar123
12A* GCSEs from a crap school
BMAT: S1 5.4, S2 5.9, S3 3.5A

well done:smile:
Original post by Lau14
Some colleges say before you come, some don't, it isn't subject dependent but either way the information will be available when you're there so don't worry :smile:

Haha okay thanks :smile:
Anyone heard for Maths at Worcester yet? The waiting is driving me insane! I want this more than anything.
Original post by Skygliderjack
I'm not international and I haven't received any information about my Engineering Science application as of yet!

I received my invitation for Engineering two days ago from Christ Church. Last year, I received it on the 2nd December.
Original post by gavinlowe
Given the amount of time and care that goes into deciding who to shortlist, I find your comments ignorant and insulting.

Yes, in hindsight I'll agree that what I said was insensitive and unthoughtful to everyone, shortlisted or rejected. It was aimed towards medicine as applicants are selected by algorithm there so many excellent applicants won't even have their application looked at by a human before rejection, but at the time I didn't realise that it could also apply to everyone else who received a rejection. Sorry if I offended you and any others.
Original post by Mathemagicianπ
Anyone heard for Maths at Worcester yet? The waiting is driving me insane! I want this more than anything.

Yeah I am waiting too, it's killing me.
Original post by ilovecake123
dont worry it not the end of the world lol
i just sent a first email saying
please could i get some feedback as to why i didn't get shortlisted for interview
is that what you wrote in your first email?

I wrote "I have considering a reapplication next year at Oxford university and would like to improve upon my present application. A feedback would be appreciated! "

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lordred12345
Yeah I am waiting too, it's killing me.

Someone said something either on here or the MAT chat about ringing Worcester today. Apparently they said that they had sent letters via post yesterday so it's up to interpretation as to whether that's true and if it is then when the letters should be with us.

(ON A DOWNSIDE THIS MEANS THAT MY COMPULSIVE EMAIL CHECKING IS FUTILE)
Original post by Anishkulkarni98
I wrote "I have considering a reapplication next year at Oxford university and would like to improve upon my present application. A feedback would be appreciated! "

Posted from TSR Mobile

*I have been

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody got an interview for Physics at Jesus?
Original post by Ecconomist
Does anyone know what day interviews are likely to happen if say I have to arrive by 14.00 on Wednesday 9th and leave no later than 14.00 on Friday 11th?

there is a timetable

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews/interview-timetable
Original post by Mathemagicianπ

(ON A DOWNSIDE THIS MEANS THAT MY COMPULSIVE EMAIL CHECKING IS FUTILE)

Oh dear... I've been checking every 10 mins or so XD... Now I'll be waiting by the front door instead.

Apparently people have been emailed from Worcester college about results

Latest

Trending

Trending