The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lordred12345
Oh dear... I've been checking every 10 mins or so XD... Now I'll be waiting by the front door instead.

Apparently people have been emailed from Worcester college about results

Very much a case of mixed information from different sources.
Original post by Mathemagicianπ
Very much a case of mixed information from different sources.

Only time will tell
i just got rejected for computer science at keble :frown: good luck everyone else
All of our direct applicants have now been contacted with the outcome of the first selection round. For general information, we are releasing a summary breakdown of decisions for Brasenose. Note that the following data omit Medicine because, as previously advised, these applications are administered centrally by the Medicine Department - although Medical applicants have also been contacted.

Over all other subjects applied for, 57% of applicants have been invited to attend interview either next week or the week after. Of these, 60% will be interviewed by Brasenose as the host College while 40% of interviewees have been reallocated by the Department concerned to one of 30 other Oxford Colleges. The overall interview rate of 57% is exactly the same as the most recent online figure published by the University: http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-figures/admissions-statistics/undergraduate-admissions-statistics/admissions-statistics/courses

If you have been invited to interview, congratulations and we wish you all the best for the next stage. If you are staying at Brasenose, we have recruited 41 undergraduate student hosts who will work shifts to make you as welcome as possible and who will help get you to your interviews on time. We will try and make your stay as pleasant as we can - facilities include a well-equipped student common room, a comfortable single bedroom, and plenty of good food to enjoy free of charge.

If you are not coming to interview we are very sorry that it is not possible to go further with your application but likewise we wish you all the best with your other options. If you would like further feedback when it is available after 6th January, please write to us at [email protected] requesting it.

Brasenose Admissions
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
All of our direct applicants have now been contacted with the outcome of the first selection round. For general information, we are releasing a summary breakdown of decisions for Brasenose. Note that the following data omit Medicine because, as previously advised, these applications are administered centrally by the Medicine Department - although Medical applicants have also been contacted.

Over all other subjects applied for, 57% of applicants have been invited to attend interview either next week or the week after. Of these, 60% will be interviewed by Brasenose as the host College while 40% of interviewees have been reallocated by the Department concerned to one of 30 other Oxford Colleges. The overall interview rate of 57% is exactly the same as the most recent online figure published by the University: http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-figures/admissions-statistics/undergraduate-admissions-statistics/admissions-statistics/courses

If you have been invited to interview, congratulations and we wish you all the best for the next stage. If you are staying at Brasenose, we have recruited 41 undergraduate student hosts who will work shifts to make you as welcome as possible and who will help get you to your interviews on time. We will try and make your stay as pleasant as we can - facilities include a well-equipped student common room, a comfortable single bedroom, and plenty of good food to enjoy free of charge.

If you are not coming to interview we are very sorry that it is not possible to go further with your application but likewise we wish you all the best with your other options. If you would like further feedback when it is available after 6th January, please write to us at [email protected] requesting it.

Brasenose Admissions

Do you have the data for Econ and Management?
Original post by lordred12345
Oh dear... I've been checking every 10 mins or so XD... Now I'll be waiting by the front door instead.

Apparently people have been emailed from Worcester college about results

Aye I have, been talking on the MAT chat if you're interested
Original post by Eux
Aye I have, been talking on the MAT chat if you're interested

On my way!
Original post by Ecconomist
Do you have the data for Econ and Management?

Thanks for your post but we can't respond to requests for subject specific breakdowns at this time.
Reply 8848
Biomedical Engineering (Engineering Science) interviews at St. Anne's and Wadham on 16th. Anyone?
Anyone staying in St Anne's between 13th and 15th?
Original post by NovNin
Hey!

Is it possible to have my admissions test (the ELAT) under special consideration as I wasn't taught any of the skills tested in the paper- close reading or analyzing literature or any literary devices beyond metaphors and similes- in my school.
The syllabus in my country doesn't include it.

I had to teach myself under a very short period, and I don't think my test went that badly considering this fact. Is there any possibilities that the tutors would be willing to take this into account perhaps if I told them?

Somebody please, please reply quickly.

I sat the ELAT also. My college warned me that they wouldn't take special considerations during the examination process- I've been suffering with ill health. Obviously I cannot know for certain whether this is true but I hope it helps!
Rejected by wadham for physics today, knew i failed the PAT so not surprised
Original post by The-Spartan
i just got rejected for computer science at keble :frown: good luck everyone else

Have anyone received invitation or rejection mail for Engineering Science in Keble College???
Apparently in the website, it says that the emails are sent but I did not receive neither invitation nor rejection mail.
Original post by Sungkwon On
Have anyone received invitation or rejection mail for Engineering Science in Keble College???
Apparently in the website, it says that the emails are sent but I did not receive neither invitation nor rejection mail.

if youre international, you will get an email. if youre from the UK, then yes you will recieve a mailed message with response within.
Original post by Patrick2810
Rejected by wadham for physics today, knew i failed the PAT so not surprised

unlucky man. if i may be so rude, what other unis did you apply to??
pretty sure they send out their responses tomorrow to friday, Good luck man!!

Thanks bro
unlucky man. if i may be so rude, what other unis did you apply to??

Not rude at all! Ive applied to, and received offers from, Manchester, Durham, Exeter, Warwick. Where else have you applied?have you got an oxford interview? :smile:
Original post by Sallyyan22
And me...so maybe they haven't reply for mathematics applicants yet?

they havent finished shortlisting maths at LMH, you can check which subjects they have shortlisted at http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/Undergraduates/Application-Updates.aspx
Has anyone heard anything from Merton on CompSci?
Reply 8859
Original post by Clarinet
Anyone staying in St Anne's between 13th and 15th?

I'm staying in St Anne's on 15th.

Latest

Trending

Trending