The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm waiting on Merton for maths - judging by the last few years I'm expecting to hear on Friday. Whatever happens they have to let you know a week in advance so everyone should have heard soon.
Anyone else waiting on Worcester for maths?
Reply 8862
Anyone still waiting for St Hughs to respond for Law?
Reply 8863
Original post by SruthiBoppana
I am, still haven't heard anything.
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
All of our direct applicants have now been contacted with the outcome of the first selection round. For general information, we are releasing a summary breakdown of decisions for Brasenose. Note that the following data omit Medicine because, as previously advised, these applications are administered centrally by the Medicine Department - although Medical applicants have also been contacted.

Over all other subjects applied for, 57% of applicants have been invited to attend interview either next week or the week after. Of these, 60% will be interviewed by Brasenose as the host College while 40% of interviewees have been reallocated by the Department concerned to one of 30 other Oxford Colleges. The overall interview rate of 57% is exactly the same as the most recent online figure published by the University: http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-figures/admissions-statistics/undergraduate-admissions-statistics/admissions-statistics/courses

If you have been invited to interview, congratulations and we wish you all the best for the next stage. If you are staying at Brasenose, we have recruited 41 undergraduate student hosts who will work shifts to make you as welcome as possible and who will help get you to your interviews on time. We will try and make your stay as pleasant as we can - facilities include a well-equipped student common room, a comfortable single bedroom, and plenty of good food to enjoy free of charge.

If you are not coming to interview we are very sorry that it is not possible to go further with your application but likewise we wish you all the best with your other options. If you would like further feedback when it is available after 6th January, please write to us at [email protected] requesting it.

Brasenose Admissions

Could you please be very kind to tell the next door, St Hugh's to send out their invitation ASAP, please?
Original post by Patrick2810
Not rude at all! Ive applied to, and received offers from, Manchester, Durham, Exeter, Warwick. Where else have you applied?have you got an oxford interview? :smile:

no i didnt get an interview, cause i didnt do further maths :frown:
Birmingham, Warwick, imperial and st andrews, have offer from warwick at AAA for the masters (compsci).
good luck everywhere else, have fun!
Original post by London bae
Could you please be very kind to tell the next door, St Hugh's to send out their invitation ASAP, please?

You do know St Hughs and Brasenose are about 1 and a half miles away from each other....
Original post by Lainathiel
Interview for medicine at Worcester! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations you! And good luck in your interviews :smile:
Original post by Newnham78
Thanks. So has he. If you see a boy in shorts, introduce yourself!

haha ok. and if you see a guy in a dapper suit, thats me
Reply 8869
Original post by SruthiBoppana

I am :s-smilie:
CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR SCIENCY/MEDICINY INTERVIEWS and see you soon in Oxford :biggrin: Am I the only one who is very very excited about this? :biggrin:
Original post by GemCW
I am :s-smilie:

Join us on the MAT thread!
Original post by lou77777
Got interviews for medicine at Brasenose and Hertford on the 14th and 15th!!! So shocked..didn't think my BMAT or gcse results would cut it!

Congratulations! :smile:

Do you mind me asking what your GCSEs/BMAT were?
Just got interviews for Biomedical Science at Keble and Corpus Christi!!!! So happy ^_^
Original post by zxcvbn123
Which college are you applying for?
I'm waiting for St Hugh's for Math.

Trinity
Reply 8875
Original post by Eux
Join us on the MAT thread!

Believe me I'm watching that one too 😣
Got my interview for engineering at baliol today, quite excited and nervous!
Does anyone else have an Archaeology and Anthropology interview ? (I'm Keble.)
Original post by Cadherin
Congratulations! :smile:

Do you mind me asking what your GCSEs/BMAT were?

thank you!!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile:
9A*s, 2As (my a's were a level 2 in further maths and short course RS so not sure if these count) and 2Bs5.9, 4.9, 3.5AAlthough I do come from a 'deprived' area and a state school so maybe that was taken into consideration!

Anyone else got medicine interviews? How are you guys preparing? x
Have been invited to interview at Hertford for biochemistry but haven't heard where my second interview will be, anyone else in the same position?

Latest

Trending

Trending