The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adds24
Congrats on the offer! if you dont mind me asking, what were your predicted grades, and hows's your portfolio going? :smile:

Thanks! My predictions were A*AA and I literally just finished my portfolio now! Oxford Brookes wanted it on a website called Carbonmade, so I've just finished making my portfolio on there :smile:
Original post by Grewsters
You've done so well, well done!! How was the Bath application situation? (when did you apply?/when did you hear back? etc) if you don't mind me asking

applied on 13th October and got the offer on 10th November, i think
Reply 162
Original post by ambighak
Well done on Bath - that's amazing! I got an email from them today though, saying they won't be giving offers until January 15th, so that it's fair on all applicants, so I don't know what that's about.. Because I know someone who applied to Bath for a different course and got an offer last month.

I got the same email today as well, so mad when I realised it wasn't an offer/rejection ahah. I think they're giving out Architecture offers to international students first
(edited 8 years ago)
I got the same email today as well, got my hopes up for nothing when I found out what it was ahah. I think they're giving out Architecture offers to international students first

Saaaame! Such a let down haha
Original post by Elza_sa
I sent off my UCL task one week ago and i received a interview letter today!

Well done for getting this far!! So lucky!! I sent my UCL task around 3 days ago and received the confirmation email that they received it, I'm so so worried as I have no clue whether my drawings were appropriate for them . Is it okay if you could explain what u did for your 6 drawings and theme so I can at least get an idea about whether my response was good enough. Or could u post your drawings if you don't mind?? Thanks :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by afang02
applied to Bath, Oxford brooks, Sheffield, UCL and Cambridge.
got the offers from Bath and Oxford Brooks, and the interviews to UCL and Cambridge next week, feeling excited but also stressed.
also got an email from Sheffield last week, saying that they are unable to offer me a place in architecture but would like to offer me one in town planning or urban studies, but I replied back saying that I do not wish to accept the alternative because architecture has always been something I want to do, so I got rejected today, but anyways, have to face the failure and learn from it...

congrats on your offers + interviews! just wondering, did you do a levels or ib or something else? also are you a international student?
Original post by spz
congrats on your offers + interviews! just wondering, did you do a levels or ib or something else? also are you a international student?

thank you! yep I am international, and I do a levels
Original post by afang02
sent off the task to UCL on about 10th November

Ahh congrats!! may i ask what your predicted grades are?
Reply 168
Well done! I applied to Cardiff bc I know its well regarded and high up on UK Architecture league tables. Also the fact it's a capital city must mean it's good for placements. I've always been drawn to universities within the city as well and not campus universities (the only drawback about Bath for me)

Thank you!!:smile: I think I ll choose Edinburgh, in the end. I don't really care that much as I really like my other 4 choices and have some offers.
How's your application going?
Good luck everyone!
Original post by afang02
applied to Bath, Oxford brooks, Sheffield, UCL and Cambridge.got the offers from Bath and Oxford Brooks, and the interviews to UCL and Cambridge next week, feeling excited but also stressed.also got an email from Sheffield last week, saying that they are unable to offer me a place in architecture but would like to offer me one in town planning or urban studies, but I replied back saying that I do not wish to accept the alternative because architecture has always been something I want to do, so I got rejected today, but anyways, have to face the failure and learn from it...

Congratulations on your offers! I'm a first year International Management student at the University of Bath, if you have any questions about the university please quote me.

I got the same email today as well, so mad when I realised it wasn't an offer/rejection ahah. I think they're giving out Architecture offers to international students first

Original post by ambighak
Saaaame! Such a let down haha

Sorry to hear that you have to wait a little while for your offers, with some competitive courses sadly the only way to ensure equal consideration is to wait to the UCAS deadline. I was in a similar position last year waiting for my offer and understand that it can be a stressful time for you. If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to let me know.

Hayden
Help! Nottingham have asked for a PDF portfolio , but it says it should be between 15 and 20 images. Does this mean between 15 and 20 pieces of work or 15 and 20 pages??? Like can I just make a page with multiple images on, then screenshot it as one image?? thank you to anyone who replies
Original post by cowie
Offer from Nottingham received today:smile:

Nottingham have asked me for a portfolio and the email says it should be between 15 and 20 images. Does this mean between 15 and 20 pieces of work or 15 and 20 pages??? Like can I just make a page with multiple images on, then screenshot it as one image?? Or does it mean you can only show 15-20 pieces of work?What did you do?? thank you in advance
Reply 172
Original post by Joe1.618
Nottingham have asked me for a portfolio and the email says it should be between 15 and 20 images. Does this mean between 15 and 20 pieces of work or 15 and 20 pages??? Like can I just make a page with multiple images on, then screenshot it as one image?? Or does it mean you can only show 15-20 pieces of work?What did you do?? thank you in advance

I did 15-20 images of my work. My pages had either 2 or 3 images on them, so my portfolio totalled around 10 pages.
Reply 173
Original post by University Of Bath
Congratulations on your offers! I'm a first year International Management student at the University of Bath, if you have any questions about the university please quote me.

Sorry to hear that you have to wait a little while for your offers, with some competitive courses sadly the only way to ensure equal consideration is to wait to the UCAS deadline. I was in a similar position last year waiting for my offer and understand that it can be a stressful time for you. If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to let me know.

Hayden

Thank youu
Original post by nairline
Ahh congrats!! may i ask what your predicted grades are?

a*a*a*a in art, physics, maths and further maths
Reply 175
Original post by afang02
a*a*a*a in art, physics, maths and further maths

Wow that sets you up fantastically!!
Congratulations on the interviews for Cambridge and UCL! I'm very surprised Sheffield didn't give you an offer considering your predicted grades are so far over their offer..
If you wouldn't mind me asking; what did you include in your portfolio?/ what approach did you take with the 'Your street' task?
Original post by cowie
Wow that sets you up fantastically!!
Congratulations on the interviews for Cambridge and UCL! I'm very surprised Sheffield didn't give you an offer considering your predicted grades are so far over their offer..
If you wouldn't mind me asking; what did you include in your portfolio?/ what approach did you take with the 'Your street' task?

thank you :smile: however, i dont think high grades will advantage oneself that much tho, cuz it's more about portfolio and interview from many universities
sheffield offered me a place on another course, but i didnt accept that offer since architecture has always been something i want to do

for the sheffield portfolio i included:
2 pages observational drawings studying organic and irregular forms and negative space, using pen, pencil, watercolour, charcoal and ink
2 pages of pen drawings from my personal sketchbook, architecture related, observational and from photos
1 page 3D
1 page life drawings using pencil, ink, charcoal and collage
2 pages on my previous art projects with sketchbook pages
1 page illustrations using watercolour, acrylic, pencil and oil
and then the "street" task...
tbh i dont think i ve done that well in the street task, i mean, at least i can do better than what i handed in, so maybe thats one of the reasons why i got rejected...
Original post by University Of Bath

Hayden

thank you :smile: i m planning to visit bath next term
Reply 178
got an offer from bath last night! buzzing
Original post by spz
got an offer from bath last night! buzzing

Well done on your offer from bath!! To get an offer from bath (this early) is really awesome

Also, thanks for advise about the Nottingham portfolio before.

Can I also ask, when you uploaded your portfolio to the website, was there a tab "Checklist" that had an orange '1' on it, saying something like "Request for portfolio"? Because I didn't have that and I feel like they've only sent me an email request but forgot to officially put me on the system as 'Waiting for portfolio", becaae surely it would sya on MyNottingham that ive got a portfolio task to do.

Sorry for the questions, im just really paranoid about this stuff!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending