The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tessie25
Nothing yet for me! I've applied to St. Cuthbert's...Durham are the only uni I haven't heard back from yet. Even Oxford has got back to me with an interview. I'd imagine they'll probably respond to most people after the UCAS deadline, especially for popular courses like English. Good luck :smile:

Which college for Oxford? I have an interview there too for Classics too, at Corpus Christi!

I've heard from Bristol (offer) but I'm still waiting on KCL, Edinburgh and Durham...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by mazzaion
Which college for Oxford? I have an interview there too for Classics too, at Corpus Christi!

I've heard from Bristol (offer) but I'm still waiting on KCL, Edinburgh and Durham...

St. Hilda's! Down on the 7th-10th - I think most interviews are around that time?

I've got offers, from Birmingham, York and Warwick. Hope they get back to you soon :smile:
Holy crap you guys :eek::eek::eek:

I didn't even bother posting here because I was expecting a big fat rejection from Durham. BUT I just got an offer for Computer Science :eek:
Original post by victoria98
Any more chemistry offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll trade you my Durham offer for your imperial offer :biggrin: 👀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgiaf
Heyy any UK residents heard back for English yet? Still waiting on a response...

As for my stats:

GCSEs: 10A*s, 1A (Maths haha)

ASs: English - A (200)
History - A (198)
Latin - A (194)
Religious Studies - A (194)

A2s: predicted 3A*s (+EPQ -idk my prediction)

I applied to St Mary's College; seemed lovely and friendly on the open day! :smile:

Hey, yeah I got an offer for English about 2 weeks ago :smile:
Your stats are incredible by the way so you'll be fine, don't worry!
Original post by lawleyg
Has anyone received offers for English Literature?

Hi, yeah I got an offer about 2 weeks ago, have you heard back yet?
Original post by longsightdon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course, of course :wink: I need durham to be my insurance so hopefully they don't reject me... Your imperial interview was on the 25th right? So you'll probably hear back before christmas (I'd say within the next two weeks). They took exactly 2 weeks and 5 days for me... The day that I got my offer I was really pissed off at them for taking so long (if you think about it, they really have no reason to take so long after interview... I mean what is there to do?! Most people interviewed get offers... I feel like they just sit there and drink tea or something). And those insane offers... Someone got an A*A*A* offer in chemistry, maths and physics :redface:
I have applied for straight Maths at Durham and I was just wondering when do they usually hand out their offers?
Original post by starrynight7
Hey, yeah I got an offer for English about 2 weeks ago :smile:
Your stats are incredible by the way so you'll be fine, don't worry!

Congrats! aha thanks tho idk if they just want the grades! :biggrin:
Reply 989
Original post by starrynight7
Hi, yeah I got an offer about 2 weeks ago, have you heard back yet?

Ah well done, when did you send your application off? But no I haven't yet, sent mine off less than two weeks ago but just wanted a vague idea of how long it'll be because I haven't heard anyone mention that they've received an offer yet
Reply 990
Has anyone got an offer for History yet? ☺️
Original post by longsightdon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest, what do you prefer about Imperial over Durham? :smile:
Original post by HughHuang96824
Does anyone get an offer for physics?

No, but I'm a physics first year so feel free to ask me any questions you may have! :smile:

Original post by Snasher350
I have applied for straight Maths at Durham and I was just wondering when do they usually hand out their offers?

Anytime between your UCAS submission and the deadline really. I think that the majority get handed out in the christmas holidays :smile:
Original post by itsConnor_
Out of interest, what do you prefer about Imperial over Durham? :smile:

Really like London and when I went for my imperial interview, its was really enjoyable. The vibes I was getting off imperial were just great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone got an offer for Biosciences yet?
Original post by cerlohee
No, but I'm a physics first year so feel free to ask me any questions you may have! :smile:

Anytime between your UCAS submission and the deadline really. I think that the majority get handed out in the christmas holidays :smile:

Can I just ask what is Durham like in your opinion?
I am slightly apprehensive as I have heard that, excluding the castle, the place is not that great?
Original post by Snasher350
Can I just ask what is Durham like in your opinion?
I am slightly apprehensive as I have heard that, excluding the castle, the place is not that great?

It's absoklutely ****ing amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 997
Original post by Sparster
Nope not English, Geography. I did Maths Economics Latin Geography. And uh Cicero killed me. Horrendously boring tbh and my teacher for Ovid (I think???) was literally bonkers. Not making excuses cause I got an A but yeah dodgy subject last year and yet I am still doing it this year #logic.

BA or BSc ? Have you heard yet & what's your UMS like
Reply 998
Original post by bluev0dca
what subjects did you take for A Levels?

also, are you going for Bsc or Ba? :-)

Congrats, what are your UMS scores like?
Original post by Ha2420
BA or BSc ? Have you heard yet & what's your UMS like

BA, Got an offer for AAA. UMS was 93% average.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending