The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin University 16/17 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abssy
If you have not done as they have asked then t means your application has been unsuccessful. It's probably just a delay with them updating your application because they have many other applications coming through. It might not be too late to accept their counter offer though, which I would accept as a back up if you don't want to firm.

ok thanks but i would like to see what the anglia ruskin person natalie says about it
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
I just sent off my application for Anglia Ruskin but I'm a bit confused/concerned by accommodation availability. When is the due date to applying for accommodation?
Original post by poojavparmar
hi i applied to anglia ruskin to do optometry. I recieved and email saying that they have reecieved my application and then anlther email to say that they will not be able to offer me a place for optometry becaise my predicted grades are lower , they said that i can change to opthalmic dispensing if i wanted . so they said i would like to be considered for sipensing respond to their email within 10 days and if they dont hear from me they will send unsuccessful to ucas. I do not want to do this course so i have nt replied to the email. However it has now been 15 days and they have still not sent a rejection to ucas. It says on my track that i am still being considered ? what does this mean. do i still have a chance or has it just been delayed ? please let me know because i was very dissapointed when they told me they cant offre me a place .

thankyou

pooja

Hi Pooja

I hope you're well.

I'm sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful in securing a place on your chosen course. It seems as though there has been a delay in the UCAS update, so I would advise you to wait a few more days to see if anything changes. If not, it might be worth contacting UCAS to find out what is causing the delay. Their contact number is 03714680468.

Best wishes

Natalie
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi Pooja

I hope you're well.

I'm sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful in securing a place on your chosen course. It seems as though there has been a delay in the UCAS update, so I would advise you to wait a few more days to see if anything changes. If not, it might be worth contacting UCAS to find out what is causing the delay. Their contact number is 03714680468.

Best wishes

Natalie

hi i have still not heard anything? does this mean that i still may have a chance of being made an offer and that they are still considering me > and also will this have an affect on any other offers i have recieved ? thanks

Pooja
Original post by poojavparmar
hi i have still not heard anything? does this mean that i still may have a chance of being made an offer and that they are still considering me > and also will this have an affect on any other offers i have recieved ? thanks

Pooja

Hi Pooja

I hope you're well...

This is really strange. Have you contacted UCAS to find out if there's a delay in updating your account?

If you send me a direct message with your full name, I'll be able to confirm the status of your application.

Speak soon!

Natalie
Hi Pooja

I hope you're well...

This is really strange. Have you contacted UCAS to find out if there's a delay in updating your account?

If you send me a direct message with your full name, I'll be able to confirm the status of your application.

Speak soon!

Natalie

Hello no i have not comtacted ucas yet... i will direct message you though.

thankyou very much
Hi Pooja

I hope you're well...

Speak soon!

Natalie

I have sent you a private message
Hello I sent my application on Nov 17 and for the operating department practice course and recieved a letter of acknowledgement. A week later I was asked to photocopy my passport information. This was a week ago , how long to wait for my reply whether I'm successful or not
Original post by Ellebelle1
Hello I sent my application on Nov 17 and for the operating department practice course and recieved a letter of acknowledgement. A week later I was asked to photocopy my passport information. This was a week ago , how long to wait for my reply whether I'm successful or not

Hi Ellebelle1

Thanks for your message. I appreciate that waiting for a reply can be nerve-wrecking, so I'll try my best to help.

If you send me a direct message with your full name, date of birth and email address (the one that you used during your application), I'll try and find out some more information for you.

Speak soon

Natalie :smile:
Hello Natalie,
I have applied to spring semester in NOV, i got an acceptance for first year BEng civil engineering although i was expecting a 2nd year offer, However, i messaged them back but they couldnt offer me a place for 2nd year, since that i have been delaying the acceptance untill today, can i know when is the last date to accept my offer? And how long does it usually take for the uni to isssue me the cas letter? Also can i know what are the odds of finding a place in the accomodation at this time :smile:
I've had an offer from AR but I live 5 hours away and the next open day isn't for a while. Is there anyway I would be able to visit the uni and look around before or do I have to wait for the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I have applied for the undergraduate midwifery course for this September, I just found out that my predicted grades my teachers put down were incorrect, will this have a huge impact on my application, or result in my application being withdrawn?

Thank you
Original post by bethamiltonnn
I've had an offer from AR but I live 5 hours away and the next open day isn't for a while. Is there anyway I would be able to visit the uni and look around before or do I have to wait for the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi bethamiltonnn

Thanks for your message, and I'm very pleased that you're planning to study with us soon!

Of course we'd like to welcome you to our university to get a feel for what it's like. It may be possible to organise a personal visit for you, which will depend on which campus you'll be studying at and which course you have applied for.

If you send me a private message with your full name and the course you've received an offer for, I'll contact the relevant teams to see if it will be possible to arrange this.

Many thanks

Original post by Georgiao98
Hi, I have applied for the undergraduate midwifery course for this September, I just found out that my predicted grades my teachers put down were incorrect, will this have a huge impact on my application, or result in my application being withdrawn?

Thank you

Hi Georgiao98

Thanks for your message!

If you send us a private message with your name and UCAS ID, I'll be able to get back to you with some more information.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply 54
Okay, so I've got a odd request.

Last year I applied for a deferred entry on BA Media Studies, I've got the place and everything and I'm 85% sure I want to go.

To fill my time/learn skills etc I signed up for an apprenticeship, (Level 2 NVQ) of which I'm a month into. While it really depends on the day I'm having, what's the latest date before my course start date that I would have to confirm my attendance?

Apart of me feels like dropping it and going in September and another part wants to at least finish my NVQ before then, otherwise it would've been a waste if that makes any sense.
Hi, will my exam results for General Studies count towards my points for an Animal Behaviour degree?
I have received an unconditional offer from Anglia Ruskin and it is probably my first choice. I haven't received all of my offers yet. My teacher has told me not to book any accommodation until I have got all of my offers back. But I have seen people on here having already booked accommodation. what do you guys think I should do?
Original post by naataan
Okay, so I've got a odd request.

Last year I applied for a deferred entry on BA Media Studies, I've got the place and everything and I'm 85% sure I want to go.

To fill my time/learn skills etc I signed up for an apprenticeship, (Level 2 NVQ) of which I'm a month into. While it really depends on the day I'm having, what's the latest date before my course start date that I would have to confirm my attendance?

Apart of me feels like dropping it and going in September and another part wants to at least finish my NVQ before then, otherwise it would've been a waste if that makes any sense.

Hi Naataan

Happy New Year to you!

Your answer really depends on whether you've applied to other uni's, and whether you've received any offers from them also.

If you've received all of your offers by 31 March 2016, you'll need to reply to them by 4 May 2016. If you receive all of your decisions by 5 May 2016, you'll need to reply by 8 June 2016. If you've received all of your offers by 8 June 2016, you'll need to reply by 23 June 2016, and if you've received all of your decisions by 14 July 2016, you'll have to reply by 22 July 2016.

In terms of making the decision to join us in September or not, you can contact our employability service for some advice and guidance. You can email them at [email protected].

I hope this helps!

Kind regards

Natalie
Hello!
I'm still waiting in my final offer from Anglia Ruskin and I am now worrying because I want to get them put down as my firm and get accomidation booked! I applied months ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I had a covering letter attatched due to a chronic illness I have been dealing with and am worried this has swayed the universities choice to accept me.
I know others who have heard back and have applied for the same course :frown:
Thanks,
Simone
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by simonem123
Hello!
I'm still waiting in my final offer from Anglia Ruskin and I am now worrying because I want to get them put down as my firm and get accomidation booked! I applied months ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I had a covering letter attatched due to a chronic illness I have been dealing with and am worried this has swayed the universities choice to accept me.
I know others who have heard back and have applied for the same course :frown:
Thanks,
Simone

Hi Simone

Thank you for your message. I'm here to help, so if you just send me a private message with your full name, UCAS number and the course you've applied for, I'll be able to find out some more information for you.

Speak soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending