The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by megrostron
Have been invited to interview at Hertford for biochemistry but haven't heard where my second interview will be, anyone else in the same position?

I'm not a biochemistry applicant but I heard that you get told your second college when you're down in Oxford.
Original post by not you
I'm not a biochemistry applicant but I heard that you get told your second college when you're down in Oxford.

Ah right thank you!
Original post by lou77777
Got interviews for medicine at Brasenose and Hertford on the 14th and 15th!!! So shocked..didn't think my BMAT or gcse results would cut it!

I've got an interview for medicine at Brasenose on the 14th too!!! is that the one you applied to?:smile: what are your stats?
Original post by medleg
I've got an interview for medicine at Brasenose on the 14th too!!! is that the one you applied to?:smile: what are your stats?

wow congrats!!! maybe we should meet up while we're there!:smile: and yes, yourself?
9A*s, 2As (my a's were a level 2 in further maths and short course RS so not sure if these count) and 2Bs
5.9, 4.9, 3.5A in bmat
AAAA at AS (bio, chem, maths and psychology)
A* A* A* A predictions
I know my stats aren't brilliant but I do come from a 'deprived' area and a state school so maybe that was taken into consideration!
what about yourself? Also how are you preparing for it? x
Original post by Patrick2810
Not rude at all! Ive applied to, and received offers from, Manchester, Durham, Exeter, Warwick. Where else have you applied?have you got an oxford interview? :smile:

Ah no i didnt get an interview :frown: i have applied for warwick (offer at AAA) birmingham, imperial and st andrews :smile: good luck with your application!!
Hey, anyone at Merton 15th-16th? or for chemistry at all? :smile:
Reply 8886
Original post by Clarinet
Anyone staying in St Anne's between 13th and 15th?

Staying at St. Anne's between 13th and 16th :smile:
Original post by Tessie25
Does anybody know how English interviews will go? Like will they want in-depth discussions of books I mentioned in my personal statement? Are there any books they will expect me to have read? I'm scared they might want a discussion of a book "I should have read" :/

My friend does english at oxford, she had an interview last year, and it really was just a discussion on themes in the list of books they give you on the day, as well as some critical analysis, language etc.

BUT, they gave my friend a list of books and she had to mark the ones she had read, and then the interviewer asked her about the books that she hadn't marked.
Original post by Lydiaj8
I'm waiting on Merton for maths - judging by the last few years I'm expecting to hear on Friday. Whatever happens they have to let you know a week in advance so everyone should have heard soon.

Same here. Anyway, Good luck.
Original post by bitofageek
My friend does english at oxford, she had an interview last year, and it really was just a discussion on themes in the list of books they give you on the day, as well as some critical analysis, language etc.

BUT, they gave my friend a list of books and she had to mark the ones she had read, and then the interviewer asked her about the books that she hadn't marked.

Oh dear, I really hope this isn't the case. How are we meant to comment on a text we haven't read before?!

I was under the illusion that we had to know the texts on our PS inside out and had a close reading exercise for the second interview...
Original post by bitofageek

Oh that's interesting. I tend to enjoy unseen literature skills, so that would be an experience. Can I ask her college? :smile:
Reply 8891
Original post by politicalmind
Geography interviews?

Yep, one at Hertford, you?
Original post by abbiemca_
Hey, anyone at Merton 15th-16th? or for chemistry at all? :smile:

Hey, I'll be at Merton from 14th to 16th for physics, so see you there maybe!
I'm quite new to TSR but I couldn't find a thread for physics interviewees this year like other subjects, so here ya go.
Please don't be shy and get the ball rolling by introducing yourself or asking whatever! ^.^

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3757727&p=61031503#post61031503
Is there a Classics interviewees thread on this site or not at all?
Original post by Lybi
Anyone still waiting for St Hughs to respond for Law?

I received my Law invite from them by email on Tuesday. If you don't hear anything today, perhaps call them as it's less than a week until Law interviews now
Reply 8896
Received an invite for EP from New - very very pleased :-) who is interviewing for EP or will be at New Dec 13-15? PM me!!
Ergh, does anyone know how long it usually takes for me to get the rejection/acceptance letter after a Skype interview?
Original post by serenial
Ergh, does anyone know how long it usually takes for me to get the rejection/acceptance letter after a Skype interview?

January 6th. This piece of information is on the University website
Well, finally got my rejection letter. It was good knowing you folks, and I wish you all the best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending