The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by mayurrroy
Mines got for the 17th :smile:

congrats! are you international? :smile:
Do you think there are still more interviews to come?
Someone could call administration to find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I emailed today and got this response: "We are still processing invitations for interview via UCAS track. Please note that an interview is not guaranteed. The majority of interviews will take place in December (Monday 14th, Tuesday 15th and Thursday 17th December). Additional interviews may also be held in week commencing 8th February (please note that this date is provisional and may be subject to change)."

Maybe since the 14th, 15th interviews came out over a few days, the 17th ones will be the same? :smile:
Original post by scotmed1205
I emailed today and got this response: "We are still processing invitations for interview via UCAS track. Please note that an interview is not guaranteed. The majority of interviews will take place in December (Monday 14th, Tuesday 15th and Thursday 17th December). Additional interviews may also be held in week commencing 8th February (please note that this date is provisional and may be subject to change)."

Maybe since the 14th, 15th interviews came out over a few days, the 17th ones will be the same? :smile:

Sweet! Thanks for the info! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 5A's at higher and 658 UKCAT average band 2. Should i keep my hopes up? Also i know someone who got 630 in UKCAT Band 3 and still got an interview. I am told they are given in batches.
Original post by rohan_sood
I have 5A's at higher and 658 UKCAT average band 2. Should i keep my hopes up? Also i know someone who got 630 in UKCAT Band 3 and still got an interview. I am told they are given in batches.

Did the person who got 630 get an interview for this year?
Original post by rohan_sood

An interview for Glasgow with 630 band 3??? I would definitely keep your hopes up! I got 652 band 2 so I sympathise with your situation! Have you heard back from anywhere else?
We probably will hear tomorrow if they give out more which it sounds like they will, because tomorrow will be two weeks till the 17th
Original post by amazingusername
no not yet :frown: are you getting interviewed at glasgow or at kl?

I haven't got an interview yet. I'm not sure, actually. I'm an international student from Singapore but studying in the UK. If I'm not wrong, I would be interviewed in KL. How about you?
Original post by scotmed1205
An interview for Glasgow with 630 band 3??? I would definitely keep your hopes up! I got 652 band 2 so I sympathise with your situation! Have you heard back from anywhere else?

Yes ive already had an interview at aberdeen
bad news guys, there are no more invites to be sent I just called them :frown:
Reply 492
Original post by clairebear6
bad news guys, there are no more invites to be sent I just called them :frown:

When I called yesterday they said they were still processing applications, with interviews going out for February too - Seems a bit contradictory, no?
Original post by Giuit92
When I called yesterday they said they were still processing applications, with interviews going out for February too - Seems a bit contradictory, no?

they said there may be a couple interviews in February for international students but thats it. so if you are international you may still have a chance :smile:
Reply 494
I am, but I have a degree from a Scottish university so not sure if they will still count me as international :frown: thanks for the info though!
Original post by antoniadick1
Really disappointed, especially second time round. Has always been my dream to go to Glasgow and study in my hometown but onwards and upwards. Well done to everyone who got interviews hope you smash them!

This is my second time round too and its really the only place I want to study, I have no idea where my application went wrong!? Did you get interviews elsewhere? :smile:
This is my second time round too and its really the only place I want to study, I have no idea where my application went wrong!? Did you get interviews elsewhere? :smile:

We're in the same boat then :frown: I have one for Dundee what about you? I think I do know for mine but I was still holding on to hope. I stupidly did two advanced highers and two crash highers and for the advanced highers I ended up having to travel back and forth to a different school for. So didn't get as many A's in sixth year as they were hoping for. If only I'd made better choices haha, it's been something every year. Last year I had the results and not a good enough UKCAT and this year was the other way around!
We're in the same boat then :frown: I have one for Dundee what about you? I think I do know for mine but I was still holding on to hope. I stupidly did two advanced highers and two crash highers and for the advanced highers I ended up having to travel back and forth to a different school for. So didn't get as many A's in sixth year as they were hoping for. If only I'd made better choices haha, it's been something every year. Last year I had the results and not a good enough UKCAT and this year was the other way around!

I have a first class in Pharmacology from Glasgow, 665 UKCAT band 1 and what i thought was a really good personal statement and reference. I have a full time job as a nursing auxillary but maybe it was my PS? No idea. I had an interview for Aberdeen which I think went well but not heard from anywhere else.

Can I ask your UKCAT score this year?
I get the sense that even though Glasgow said they take all aspects into consideration they have really just ranked UKCAT scores, as they did in previous years. Otherwise, how could the person with a job as a nursing aux and a first class degree not get an interview...
Reply 499
I have a first class in Pharmacology from Glasgow, 665 UKCAT band 1 and what i thought was a really good personal statement and reference. I have a full time job as a nursing auxillary but maybe it was my PS? No idea. I had an interview for Aberdeen which I think went well but not heard from anywhere else.

Very similar situation here - 2:1 Neuroscience degree from Glasgow, 662.5 band 2 UKCAT. Not the best score but got an interview for Aberdeen so was quietly hoping it would be enough for Glasgow as well. Also have an interview at Leicester, can't shake the feeling that 2 interviews aren't good enough odds for an offer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending