The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luke_lavery
Have UCL started dishing out offers yet?

Very much so, since last Friday it suddenly surged! I've not heard back yet though
Original post by Another student.
Just got rejected from UCL too! They didn't like my LNAT essay.

Oh, so sorry to hear that :frown: What other offers do you have? And can you tell me when you applied? :biggrin: thank you
Original post by Coolstoryman
14th oct, before Oxbridge deadline.
Got interview for cambridge, but not good enough for UCL apparently.
Guess an interview isnt really impressive either. Ill end up doing an online degree.

The UCL rejection may well just be your LNAT score, and that can largely be down to the questions you get on the day. Cambridge doesn't use an LNAT style test system, and while you're right in saying that an interview isn't necessarily a sign of success as ~80% get one, I would say if the rest of your application is as up to scratch as you say then you stand a decent chance of getting in. Different unis look for different things and I know it's tempting to look at league tables and say "well if I didn't get into a uni that's 5th for Law then how will I get into one that's 2nd or 1st?" but that's a completely specious piece of reasoning. Keep your chin up, you have 4 options left and there's all the chance they could be 4 offers.
Can you guys tell me when should WE (those applying to UCL and Durham) expect offers/rejections? I know it largely depends on when we applied.
However, when will they start sending their decisions - before or after New Year? (applied 18/11 ; LNAT - 25/11)
Original post by Bobkata
Can you guys tell me when should WE (those applying to UCL and Durham) expect offers/rejections? I know it largely depends on when we applied.
However, when will they start sending their decisions - before or after New Year? (applied 18/11 ; LNAT - 25/11)

I did my LNAT on the 8th of October and sent my application in the day after. Since they rejected me yesterday, they are probs still processing the students that applied in October. You might have to wait until January?

For Durham though, my cousin got her law offer last year on Dec 9th.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Coolstoryman
14th oct, before Oxbridge deadline.
Got interview for cambridge, but not good enough for UCL apparently.
Guess an interview isnt really impressive either. Ill end up doing an online degree.

Oh god, you won't end up doing that!! Don't worry!!
Original post by Another student.
I did my LNAT on the 8th of October and sent my application in the day after. Since they rejected me yesterday, they are probs still processing the students that applied in October. You might have to wait until January?

For Durham though, my cousin got her law offer last year on Dec 9th.

May I ask you when she applied? Thank you
Original post by Bobkata
May I ask you when she applied? Thank you

Oct 10th. And she did her LNAT on Oct 21 if I remember correctly.
When do you guys think KCL are gonna start giving out offers for non-scholarship applicants?
Original post by seasoning
When do you guys think KCL are gonna start giving out offers for non-scholarship applicants?

received an offer from KCL yesterday - did not apply for the scholarship
Original post by notverysmart29
received an offer from KCL yesterday - did not apply for the scholarship

Congratulations! What were your A level/ IB grades if you don't mind me asking? Also, when did you apply?
(edited 8 years ago)
LSE and Cambridge both rejected me. The former because of my PS (supposedly) and it hit me really hard, that being my first choice and all. Cambridge I wasn't really counting on getting in.

I do have offers from UEA, QUB and Essex but everybody here seems to be applying for and getting offers from the very best universities. Feeling very humbled now...

But congratulations everyone on all your offers! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nnurfaatihah
LSE and Cambridge both rejected me. The former because of my PS (supposedly) and it hit me really hard, that being my first choice and all. Cambridge I wasn't really counting on getting in.

I do have offers from UEA, QUB and Essex but everybody here seems to be applying for and getting offers from the very best universities. Feeling very humbled now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: I'm sure you'll love whatever uni you end up going to tho! Do you mind me asking when you applied and when you got your rejection from LSE? Thanks!
Original post by martaamendoeira
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: I'm sure you'll love whatever uni you end up going to tho! Do you mind me asking when you applied and when you got your rejection from LSE? Thanks!

I really hope so. :smile: I applied on Oct 9th and got the rejection on Oct 22nd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just sent mine off today for Pure Law at Sheffield, Lincoln, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam and then Lw with Criminology at Notts Trent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey don't worry about it!! I just got my rejection from LSE today, and they gave me the generic response about my PS not being up to standard, which I know for a fact isn't true, as a family friend works in Oxford Admissions and said that, for her, it was an excellent PS. I've requested more feedback because I feel that LSE have been saying that PSs aren't good enough to a number of students, so we'll see what they say :smile:
Don't feel too disheartened - I know it's a cliché, and hard to stomach, but everything happens for a reason. Just do your degree and prove LSE and Cambridge wrong by being the best lawyer you can be - that's what I'm going to do to LSE hahaha X
Original post by iomellie123
Hey don't worry about it!! I just got my rejection from LSE today, and they gave me the generic response about my PS not being up to standard, which I know for a fact isn't true, as a family friend works in Oxford Admissions and said that, for her, it was an excellent PS. I've requested more feedback because I feel that LSE have been saying that PSs aren't good enough to a number of students, so we'll see what they say :smile:
Don't feel too disheartened - I know it's a cliché, and hard to stomach, but everything happens for a reason. Just do your degree and prove LSE and Cambridge wrong by being the best lawyer you can be - that's what I'm going to do to LSE hahaha X

Hi! Thanks so much for making me feel better about this :smile: Yeah I'm also planning to do that haha. Sorry about your LSE application also going that way but good luck with the rest of your applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! Thanks so much for making me feel better about this :smile: Yeah I'm also planning to do that haha. Sorry about your LSE application also going that way but good luck with the rest of your applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile: Thank you and congrats on the rest of your offers!! Still waiting for the rest of mine to come back :smile:
Reply 578
Original post by Bobkata

Hi I haven't applied to UCL but was given an offer from Durham about 2 weeks ago, my application was sent off at the beginning of October though so may be because that was a long time ago.

I don't know how true it is but I've heard Durham give out a few now and the rest early next year, hopefully you will get one soon! :smile:
I haven't heard anything back from LSE yet. hmmm.
And, how do i go about asking a uni for feedback? should i email the admissions ? (want to ask UCL!)

Latest

Trending

Trending