The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Do we need references for EVERYTHING we've mentioned in our PS if it's within the 2 year period? Some of mine are university volunteering societies so hard to get an actual written reference :s-smilie:
Reply 3981
Original post by Creatingchaos
Do we need references for EVERYTHING we've mentioned in our PS if it's within the 2 year period? Some of mine are university volunteering societies so hard to get an actual written reference :s-smilie:

Someone I know rang Warwick admissions today with a question about the form and they said they don't read your personal statement so make sure you include everything relevant on the form :smile:
Reply 3982
Original post by smb18
Someone I know rang Warwick admissions today with a question about the form and they said they don't read your personal statement so make sure you include everything relevant on the form :smile:

I entered my shadowing experience on the form in the same hospital but with two different departments at two difference times as different experiences, do you think this is alright?
Original post by elzw
I entered my shadowing experience on the form in the same hospital but with two different departments at two difference times as different experiences, do you think this is alright?

Wondering about this myself. Different departments have different patients and different staff, and often different scenarios. So it's logical to consider it as two separate experiences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3984
Original post by Themightylaa
Wondering about this myself. Different departments have different patients and different staff, and often different scenarios. So it's logical to consider it as two separate experiences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree! Well I hope.. all submitted now, eep, maybe I should have thought about it a bit more.
Reply 3985
Original post by elzw
Yeah I agree! Well I hope.. all submitted now, eep, maybe I should have thought about it a bit more.

Yeah I would say that counts as two different experiences! You would have done different things during each placement and would have a different reference for each so even though they're at the same hospital they are separate :smile:
Has anyone applied to the 5 year course at Leeds as a graduate?
Sorry for stupid question. In early stage of application Warwick asked me to send my CV . Do you think it might count instead of experience form . thank you
Original post by Lanela
Sorry for stupid question. In early stage of application Warwick asked me to send my CV . Do you think it might count instead of experience form . thank you

Hmm interesting - what are your stats? Undergrad, masters, ukcat, international, work experience? Is there anything non standard about ur application? Any gap in studying or something they would want to verify from a cv?
Original post by Lanela

No. Complete the form, it said in the email that if the form isn't completed they class you as having withdrawn. It doesn't matter if you duplicate information. :smile:
Original post by Quilverine
No. Complete the form, it said in the email that if the form isn't completed they class you as having withdrawn. It doesn't matter if you duplicate information. :smile:

Oh I thought Lanela meant he hadn't received the form..
It's correct , I have not received the form . But I have already send them my cv. I have very extensive medical experience including teaching undergraduates in med school in uk ( not in universities I applied) and teaching on advanced clinical courses for doctors and nurses in UK and abroad .i have also send them an evidence of my teaching qualifications and the evidence I currently teach
I am interested whether seeing my cv and those evidence was enough so they decided not to send me the form .
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone heard back from Cambridge?
I feel this year they are a bit slower generally, last year people were contacted around this time.
Original post by Lanela
It's correct , I have not received the form . But I have already send them my cv. I have very extensive medical experience including teaching undergraduates in med school already in uk ( not in universities I applied) and teaching on advanced clinical courses for doctors and nurses in UK and abroad .i have also send then evidence of my teaching qualifications and the evidence I currently teach
I am interested whether seeing my cv and those evidence was enough so they decided not to send me the form .

Someone answered this question earlier. 90% of the warwick selection process for interview is your UKCAT score. I'm sorry but your score was <600, you have not been sent a work experience form because you have not made the cut off. It doesn't matter how extensive your experience is or how highly qualified you are, without meeting the cut off you will not be selected for interview. I'm sorry.
Original post by YeloSweetPotato
Has anyone heard back from Cambridge?
I feel this year they are a bit slower generally, last year people were contacted around this time.

The Lucy Cav admissions tutor said

"It should be some time in the week beginning December 7, I think".

There is a thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2878031&page=45&highlight=&p=60956925#post60956925
Reply 3995
So I've received an interview for King's on 11th January which is the same date as one of my final year exams. On the same day I received notification of the interview I sent a message to request for a different day. They said the only other day is fully booked and there's nothing they can do. I've also talked to my course convenor and he said he can't change the exam at all but he will try talk to King's admissions for me as well as another student who is in the same position.
I'm not very optimistic that they will budge though :frown: anyone got any other ideas of what I can do? I can't afford to miss the exam as it's 70% of this module. It's just really sad and frustrating that this may be the 4th year I've applied to medicine that I haven't gotten in because of this tiny little thing.
Original post by Renn
So I've received an interview for King's on 11th January which is the same date as one of my final year exams. On the same day I received notification of the interview I sent a message to request for a different day. They said the only other day is fully booked and there's nothing they can do. I've also talked to my course convenor and he said he can't change the exam at all but he will try talk to King's admissions for me as well as another student who is in the same position.
I'm not very optimistic that they will budge though :frown: anyone got any other ideas of what I can do? I can't afford to miss the exam as it's 70% of this module. It's just really sad and frustrating that this may be the 4th year I've applied to medicine that I haven't gotten in because of this tiny little thing.

Try to find someone willing to swap interview slots with you on the other day and go back to Kings?
Original post by neuronerd
Someone answered this question earlier. 90% of the warwick selection process for interview is your UKCAT score. I'm sorry but your score was <600, you have not been sent a work experience form because you have not made the cut off. It doesn't matter how extensive your experience is or how highly qualified you are, without meeting the cut off you will not be selected for interview. I'm sorry.

Thank you so much . It's good to know .
Original post by Renn

I would swap with you if I wasn't on the same day as you.
Warwick form sent! Fingers crossed now for an interview :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending