The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my college sent my application off yesterday, at 3pm today I Recieved 2 conditionals from Westminster and St. Mary's of Twickenham. So they were really fast for me.
Reply 1641
Has anyone heard from the above Universities that I have applied to?
Reply 1642
I got an offer from Salford for Politics and International Relations less than 48 hours after applying

Still waiting for:
Manchester Metropolitan: Economics and Politics
Hull: Politics, Philosophy and Economics
Oxford Brookes: Economics, Politics and International Relations
Swansea: Politics
(edited 8 years ago)
After 2 weeks I finally got my offer from Nottingham haha :h:
Reply 1644
I'm from Greece, thus not an UK applicant but an EU one, and my school has yet to sent off my applications and will do in about a week or two. Is the date the applications are sent off affecting whether I'll be accepted or not? Please reply, this thing is giving me so much anxiety:/ fyi the unis I'm applying to are not top 10 unis like Warwick or Surrey..
Original post by slmnds
I'm from Greece, thus not an UK applicant but an EU one, and my school has yet to sent off my applications and will do in about a week or two. Is the date the applications are sent off affecting whether I'll be accepted or not? Please reply, this thing is giving me so much anxiety:/ fyi the unis I'm applying to are not top 10 unis like Warwick or Surrey..

Don't worry, as long as you apply before the deadline you will be fine
Original post by Valyrian
After 2 weeks I finally got my offer from Nottingham haha :h:

Hey, congrats:yay:What course did you apply for?
Reply 1647
Original post by slmnds

Hello, as long as your application is sent off before the deadline (January 15th). There is no reason for you to worry, Universities don't accept you on how quickly you send the application... They will look at your grades, statement and see if you're applicable for the course. There is no need for you to get anxious even if you were applying to top ten universities, as long as it's in before the deadline you have the same chance as everyone!.
Applied for university at 12pm, I've just received my very first offer to study Forensic Psychology at Ljmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamlycheeemir
Hey, congrats:yay:What course did you apply for?

I applied for "Contemporary Chinese Studies with International Relations" (T1L2), it's so good because it's a year abroad in China but it's a 3 year course so I don't have to pay extra money for a 4th year :h:

What about you?
Original post by Fayehun
I'm only waiting on Edinburgh now, anyone heard anything from them?

I heard from them yesterday, was surprised because didn't think they'd get back to me till after January 15th! The only people I know that have offers are maths/physics/engineering applicants, and I've seen a lot of international applicants on TSR that have received theirs; what are you applying for?
Got mine from Warwick in 5 Hours for AAB. Brunel 2 weeks, Sheffield almost 3. Still waiting Durham and Exeter!!

I applied for "Contemporary Chinese Studies with International Relations" (T1L2), it's so good because it's a year abroad in China but it's a 3 year course so I don't have to pay extra money for a 4th year :h:

What about you?

That sounds really cool, and you get to travel :awesome: I've got an offer for Sociology
Original post by jamlycheeemir
That sounds really cool, and you get to travel :awesome: I've got an offer for Sociology

And learn to read and write Chinese for 3 years :woohoo: - Yay! Is Nottingham going to be your firm? What grades are they offering?
Got all of my offers now, two and a half weeks after applying. Seriously considering Leicester, but I need to visit it first.
6 weeks gone, 2 offers from York and Nottingham . Waiting on ucl Warwick lse (doing economics).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offers from Durham, Manchester, Bath, York and QUB. So happy :smile:

What about you?

Heya, I would just like to say well done on your offer!!:biggrin: I just received my Nottingham offers for Global Issues and Contemporary Chinese Studies and also the 4 year Contemporary Chinese Studies course!!:biggrin: I didn't decide which course I wanted to do most when I applied but I've now decided to put Global Issues as my firm :P
It would be so cool if both of us make the grades ;D
How long did your QUB take to come through :smile:
Original post by RachelleM143
Heya, I would just like to say well done on your offer!!:biggrin: I just received my Nottingham offers for Global Issues and Contemporary Chinese Studies and also the 4 year Contemporary Chinese Studies course!!:biggrin: I didn't decide which course I wanted to do most when I applied but I've now decided to put Global Issues as my firm :P
It would be so cool if both of us make the grades ;D

Oh my gosh I'm so happy to find you! I knew literally no-one doing this course at Nottingham so I was really anxious that it was just me haha but there's 50 places only so it'll be a really tiny class so you'll probably be in my lectures?! What did Nottingham offer you?! This is so exciting :smile: Do you get to go abroad in the second year?! Ah this is so exciting!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending