The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cyberchibii
Previously they used to just tell band 1s on the first day but from reading old threads, it seems like last year it was fairly random - some people who just reached the cut-off scores found out earlier than people who should have been in band 1. Not sure what they'll do this year, but don't lose heart and assume it's a rejection if you don't hear straight away!

Ye, according to last year's results ill hopefully be in band 2, but the wait is killing me
What were the bandings like in previous years?
Original post by sugarmelodies
What were the bandings like in previous years?

I didn't make a note of what the band 3s were but:
2015 entry
band 1: 5.4 5.4 3.5B
band 2: 4.6 4.6 3A

2014 entry
band 1: 5.7 5.5 3.5B
band 2: 5.1 5.2 3B

2013 entry
band 1: 5.6 5.6 3.5B
band 2: 5.0 5.3 3B

2012 entry
band 1: 5.7 5.8 3.5B
band 2: 5.2 5.2 3B
hoping 4.9 in section 1 is enough for band 2 this year
Bmat cutoffs (band 3):

It varies every year but these are some examples of what they've been in the past:

2012 entry: 4.9, 4.9, 2.5C
2013 entry: 4.7, 4.6, 2.5C
2014 entry: 4.5, 4.6, 2.5B
2015 entry: 4.3, 4.4, 2.3B

I don't know what they are for bands though, I'm afraid. You should be able to find them online somewhere though.

these are the band 3/cutoffs :smile:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
So, do all the people in Band 1 get interviews (considering they have met all the other requirements)?
Original post by FutureMedic97
So, do all the people in Band 1 get interviews (considering they have met all the other requirements)?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=347929

This shows how many from each band got interviewed for 2014 entry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=347929

This shows how many from each band got interviewed for 2014 entry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

No worries :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping 5.4, 5.2, 4A is enough for band 1. If not, any idea what the chances of an interview are like in band 2?
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
Hoping 5.4, 5.2, 4A is enough for band 1. If not, any idea what the chances of an interview are like in band 2?

See my post a few posts back, tells you the % of people interviewed from each band :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think 4.7 in S1 is enough to make the cut off (and possibly band 2 as last year's was 4.6)?
Do you think 4.7 in S1 is enough to make the cut off (and possibly band 2 as last year's was 4.6)?

We can both hope it'll put us in band 2 (I also got 4.7 in S1) :P from looking at the past 3 years 4.7 in S1&2 was enough to make it past cutoff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nutcase13
Does everyone get told tomorrow or only band 1 applicants?

i think they will start sending out interviews, but last year majority of people received a reply on a certain december date

Original post by cyberchibii
Ah that's so frustrating! But looking at overall scores this year, they do seem to be lower and I believe Imperial said they're interviewing more people for the A100 course this year (but fewer for A109 fml) so I'm sure you have a decent shot!

sigh, i have no idea about my chances, also cause scoring above cut off still does not guarantee an interview
I screwed BMAT up and got 4.5, 4.5, 2A - might S3 just make the cut-off this year or will I get automatic rejection?
Original post by BioStudentx
I was under the impression that if you didn't meet the cut off it was an automatic rejection.

He's talking about cambridge lol
Original post by Cadherin
I screwed BMAT up and got 4.5, 4.5, 2A - might S3 just make the cut-off this year or will I get automatic rejection?

I'm in the exact same situation as you. Unfortunately, as we both got 2 on section 3 - it looks like an automatic rejection for both of us.
Original post by BioStudentx
I'm in the exact same situation as you. Unfortunately, as we both got 2 on section 3 - it looks like an automatic rejection for both of us.

Having looked at the distribution, essay scores at the top end this year seem to have plummeted. The QOC cut-off last year was 2.3, so if luck is on our side with the cohort applying, we may still stand a chance. :smile:
Any interviews yet?
Got an email from Imperial about bursaries and I almost died omg WHY DO YOU TEASE US ICL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending