The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP03 and 6GP04 Gov and Politics Unit 3 Exam 14/06/16 & Unit 4 Exam 16/06/16

Hey everyone!

Haven't seen an official thread for the unit 3 and 4 politics exam for Edexcel, so might as well start it now! I know its a bit early but as they say, its never too early to revise!

So I thought this would be a good place for any questions, tips or example/articles throughout the year.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, what I'm not sure about is do we get a choice of papers paper 3a or 3b or 3c when it comes to unit 3.... or does each exam centre only do 1 paper and there is no choice, if you want to do a different paper (3a instead of 3b) you have to go to a different exam centre?

I hope what I'm writing make sense haha :smile:
Reply 2
what topic are you guys learning?
Reply 3
I need examples for everything guys, any??
Reply 4
What topics are you learning
Reply 5
Congress, Constitution, presidency and supreme court (4c)

Elections and voting, Political parties, Pressure groups and racial and ethnic (unit 3c)

Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by Naihin
Congress, Constitution, presidency and supreme court (4c)

Elections and voting, Political parties, Pressure groups and racial and ethnic (unit 3c)

Thank you!

What you are doing the America unit? Not Ideologies? How are you finding it so far btw?
Reply 7
Yeah and nope and difficult in terms of examples and structure wbu?
Reply 8
anyone doing route D global politics? Finding it difficult without a set textbook :/
Who is doing political ideologies?
Reply 10
Original post by Annie.humair
Who is doing political ideologies?

I am

How you finding it so far?

Its kinda tricky and ALOT to take in isn't it?
Original post by sharmakansal
anyone doing route D global politics? Finding it difficult without a set textbook :/

I am! Try Andrew Heyward Global Politics... It;s undergraduate but covers everything

I've started to make a powerpoint if you want a copy?
If your tutor decides to teach options within units that absolutely fry your mind there is nothing to stop you from self teaching an option within a unit in your own time. I did this years ago in AS level RE where I got a B and I feel it served me well.

Edit: I'm saying this particularly with regards to choosing to study for options within units where better resources are available. Eg valid and up to date revision notes on the Internet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
The global politics book is just too hard to understand :s-smilie: any other textbook that can be used?
Original post by Lazy96
The global politics book is just too hard to understand :s-smilie: any other textbook that can be used?

Nope... Unfortunately it's the hardest A-level I've ever taken
Original post by DanE1998
I am! Try Andrew Heyward Global Politics... It;s undergraduate but covers everything

Could i get a copy?
Original post by xxvine
I am

How you finding it so far?

Its kinda tricky and ALOT to take in isn't it?

Yes it is a lot to take in
How are you getting on with revision and what materials are you using for it?

I'm not such a big fan of the Andrew Heywood book
Reply 17
Original post by Annie.humair
Yes it is a lot to take in
How are you getting on with revision and what materials are you using for it?

I'm not such a big fan of the Andrew Heywood book

Hey

all i have is the Heywood book so thats all i can you really...any recommendations?

I am just reading the book and highlighting and note taking key things...

i think ill learn all for 4 ideologies for unit 3 but only learn 3 for unit 4
Original post by DanE1998

Could I get a copy of your PPT please I'd really really really appreciate it, I'm struggling a lot with this course and the book is so hard to understand. :frown:
Original post by xxvine
Hey

all i have is the Heywood book so thats all i can you really...any recommendations?

I am just reading the book and highlighting and note taking key things...

i think ill learn all for 4 ideologies for unit 3 but only learn 3 for unit 4

I was hoping you'd recommend something 😅
But apart from the book I don't have anything either.
Have you been given a checklist?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending