The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I dont think any legit bank would let you do so. I am not accusing you of anything here just saying in general, most legit banks wouldnt allow it to happen.
The above poster is right. However, if you don't have a driving licence or passport, speak to the bank first. I'm sure they've met people in your situation and found ways around this.
Original post by the terminator
I dont think any legit bank would let you do so. I am not accusing you of anything here just saying in general, most legit banks wouldnt allow it to happen.

Sigh, I was hoping that wasn't the case but it does seem like it :/
Original post by OU Student
The above poster is right. However, if you don't have a driving licence or passport, speak to the bank first. I'm sure they've met people in your situation and found ways around this.

I did speak to Lloyds bank about it,didn't have much luck there..... I'll maybe go and speak to someone else when I can, probably in the new year now.
Reply 5
There are online debit card accounts that you can open though, which can be paid into like a regular bank account. They all charge monthly fees and for certain types of transactions. Some require ID, some don't. They are called 'prepaid cards'.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/
not to be judgy but it does sound a bit suspicious - why can't you just suply some basic details - if ant bank does let you they must be pretty desperate ah
Original post by CCC75
There are online debit card accounts that you can open though, which can be paid into like a regular bank account. They all charge monthly fees and for certain types of transactions. Some require ID, some don't. They are called 'prepaid cards'.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/

Thank you!! I shall have a look! They may come in use for me, even temporarily.
Reply 8
Original post by oceangliding
Thank you!! I shall have a look! They may come in use for me, even temporarily.

I know someone that is not legit in the country, so no UK ID whatsoever, who has used one for receiving wage payments for the last 5 years.
Reply 9
Hi

I'm wondering if there's a bank account that doesn't require any kind of ID to open?

I'm not trying to do anything dodgy, it's a long story but I'm 18 and have no sort of valid ID and can't get stuff such as a provisional drivers license. I've got so many annoying things to solve before I head off to uni next year and this is one of them....

So yep... anyone know of anywhere?

Thanks! :smile:

If you want, then I've got a "contact" who can open up an offshore, tax-dodging, Swiss bank account.
No ID or proof of address required.

Just a small fee for our troubles. :wink:

:biggrin:
I thought if you opened your account online (and managed it that way) you wouldn't need the ID?

Though I have to say I've only seen that possible for savings accounts, not current accounts..so...
Original post by karlabari
not to be judgy but it does sound a bit suspicious - why can't you just suply some basic details - if ant bank does let you they must be pretty desperate ah

right - I'm not sure what you're trying to say in that last sentence - but basic details aren't enough or I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever
Original post by Inexorably
I thought if you opened your account online (and managed it that way) you wouldn't need the ID?

Though I have to say I've only seen that possible for savings accounts, not current accounts..so...

Yeah I think for a current account I have to send ID in to them if I open it online :/
Original post by nucdev
If you want, then I've got a "contact" who can open up an offshore, tax-dodging, Swiss bank account.
No ID or proof of address required.

Just a small fee for our troubles. :wink:

:biggrin:

I'd rather stick to something non tax dodging and in the Uk...... thanks though
Original post by CCC75
I know someone that is not legit in the country, so no UK ID whatsoever, who has used one for receiving wage payments for the last 5 years.

Certainly could be useful, thanks!
Reply 15
I'd rather stick to something non tax dodging and in the Uk...... thanks though

Aah well, if you're sure.

(It was just a joke HMRC - I know how much you like to pursue me online in order to try and catch me in the act, evading tax!)
There are many ways to get a bank account without having photographic ID. Just check with the ID requirements of the bank you're interested in. They generally require a DWP letter and your birth certificate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by callum_law
There are many ways to get a bank account without having photographic ID. Just check with the ID requirements of the bank you're interested in. They generally require a DWP letter and your birth certificate.

I think I just need to have a look at different banks, and hopefully I can find someone who can help me with what I have got (not very much)
Original post by nucdev
Aah well, if you're sure.

(It was just a joke HMRC - I know how much you like to pursue me online in order to try and catch me in the act, evading tax!)

I am :wink:
Original post by callum_law

Yeah. I did this years ago (Natwest) and I can't remember what I did now. But it certainly wasn't a serious issue.

I know with Santander, they did say (it doesn't apply because I have a passport now) that if I didn't have a certain form of ID, they can sort something out.

Latest

Trending

Trending