The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ngl I miss seeing Diaby on your injury list
thoughts after Alexis played basically all of 2014/15 season: hmm he could do with a rest now

thoughts during the copa 2015: hmm he could do with a rest now

thoughts after the copa 2015: hmm he could do with a rest now

thoughts at the start of 2015/16 season: hmm he could do with a rest now

thoughts at the first international break of 2015/16 season: hmm he could do with a rest now

thoughts when 2015/16 season resumed: hmm he could do with a rest now

thoughts when he got injured: awfuk were we supposed to rest him at some point

Fans are fickle when it comes to benching him though. Maybe not on here but loads of my arsenal friends irl were all saying "you can't rest him, he's Sanchez, he's a fighter he'll be fine", "Sanchez loves football resting him will break his break his rhythm and make him more likely to be injured", "Sanchez would leave if he was benched", " Sanchez is a tough player, he'll play through the pain he's so determined ".
The minute he (inevitably) gets injured "ffs Wenger's such a ****ing moron why didn't the **** rest him everyone knew he was tired. Come on Wenger you daft French tosser don't you play fifa, don't you know not to start a player when their stamina is red? U daft **** m8! ****ing Wenger, ****ing typical #wengerout #aftv #arsenalfamily".

Genuinely loath a lot of our fanbase, thankfully 99% of arsenal posters on this thread are rational and don't think like that!
Original post by leinad2012
Fans are fickle when it comes to benching him though. Maybe not on here but loads of my arsenal friends irl were all saying "you can't rest him, he's Sanchez, he's a fighter he'll be fine", "Sanchez loves football resting him will break his break his rhythm and make him more likely to be injured", "Sanchez would leave if he was benched", " Sanchez is a tough player, he'll play through the pain he's so determined ".
The minute he (inevitably) gets injured "ffs Wenger's such a ****ing moron why didn't the **** rest him everyone knew he was tired. Come on Wenger you daft French tosser don't you play fifa, don't you know not to start a player when their stamina is red? U daft **** m8! ****ing Wenger, ****ing typical #wengerout #aftv #arsenalfamily".

Genuinely loath a lot of our fanbase, thankfully 99% of arsenal posters on this thread are rational and don't think like that!

Agreed in that in that it's one of those which Wenger can't win. If he rested Alexis we would have lost that game and Wenger would have got dogs abuse for not playing him.
Original post by leinad2012

dont think Sanchez needed to be benched.

I think he just needed time off, like when Brenda let Sterling go Jamaica for two weeks.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Agreed in that in that it's one of those which Wenger can't win. If he rested Alexis we would have lost that game and Wenger would have got dogs abuse for not playing him.

he could have timed a break to coincide with the league cup fixtures, and bob's your uncle.
Original post by swirly
dont think Sanchez needed to be benched.

I think he just needed time off, like when Brenda let Sterling go Jamaica for two weeks.

Original post by ClockEnderAFC

Of course he did, I and many other posters (you included) said all along he just needed a break. What I don't like is fans who say we shouldn't rest him then start blaming Wenger when he gets injured. Like, if you've said you'd do the exact same thing as him, why get pissed off when he does it and it ends up going wrong?
I actually have a feeling we may move for a CM in Jan. I know it seems completely unlikely, but with both our first choice CMs out with long-term injuries, I think Wenger might just finally do it. Bring in William Carvalho.
Big Sam's first meeting with Wenger since his book came out and he pretty much admitted he lives to try and get under his skin. Haha. He hasn't really got the best of Wenger in recent years, though. I think I read somewhere he hasn't beaten him since 2010. Back at Bolton, he had a penchant for upsetting the big teams and caused Arsenal a couple of headaches over the years.
I've heard Theo and Kos might be back for tomorrow hopefully that's true we need to smash them.
Reply 831
Original post by e aí rapaz
I actually have a feeling we may move for a CM in Jan. I know it seems completely unlikely, but with both our first choice CMs out with long-term injuries, I think Wenger might just finally do it. Bring in William Carvalho.

Thought we wanted him until he got injured anyway. He'll be Diaby 2.0 here as well so I don't really care anymore
Reply 833
Today, imo..

Giroud
Campbell Ozil Ox
Flam Ramsey
Monreal Kosc Merta Bellerin
Cech

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e aí rapaz

I've seen Ruben Neves linked as well but I can't see Wenger paying the going rate for either of them. You do need to start looking at replacing Cazorla though as he's 31 soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At Least Defoe is out for today, so one less person for our defence to worry about. Honestly, I wouldn't underestimate Sunderland, they've always sort of given us tough games in the past. Now that they're under Big Sam, as earlier identified, that just doubles the threat.

Happy we're finally playing at 3pm on a Saturday. Been a while :tongue:
SAF says a ball could have killed rvp.
Wenger says a camera could have killed Sanchez. :stupid:
This thread is dead most of time. Just saying
The more I think about it, the more I realise how small a club we actually are.

No way are we bigger than Liverpool, and other than the draw of Wenger, and the Emirates Stadium itself, have no idea how we have attracted players over them (other than the draw of playing in the champions league, but is that really a draw).

We're lucky we moved to the Emirates, because such a big, modern stadium atleast gives the illusion of being a big club.

We've won 2 fa cups in 10 years, we're no bigger than Sheffield United ffs. and a laughing stock in Europe, teams would rather play us than dross like Galataasaray and Monaco.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest