The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by TheSecondDegree
I just heard back from Brighton, 8 days after the interview.

And I GOT IN!!!!!

Hi
Did you interview on wed 25th nov? As I interviewed then but haven't heard anything.
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hey Emma,

Congratulations on your interview - that is really exciting news!

If you've got any questions about the interview process or your application in general do let me know and I'll be able to help you. :h:

Katie

Hi Katie,

Yeah I have a few questions just.. because I'm coming from Ireland I'd like to know if the admission tests and the interviews are held on the same day? Also I'm hoping to hear from my other universities soon in the hope my interviews are on the same week so I don't have to travel 5 times by plane as flights are really expensive. If i need to change the interview date is that possible? And if so, what alternative dates areavailable?

Reply 442
Original post by emmawebb
Hi Katie,

Yeah I have a few questions just.. because I'm coming from Ireland I'd like to know if the admission tests and the interviews are held on the same day? Also I'm hoping to hear from my other universities soon in the hope my interviews are on the same week so I don't have to travel 5 times by plane as flights are really expensive. If i need to change the interview date is that possible? And if so, what alternative dates areavailable?

Hiya, sorry to butt in but just thought I'd say that all the universities I've applied to have had something on their website/emails to say if you are travelling from far away you can contact them and ask to have your tests and interview on the same day so you should try contacting them directly once they offer you dates.

Whilst I know flights are expensive, be careful with rescheduling interviews. There is no guarantee that a new date will be in the same week as your others and might reflect badly on you if you ask to change too many times. (I know some places only offer you one reschedule date and then withdraw you if you turn that one down!) You could also end up with a date even further away! The other thing is that you have the maximum chance to get a place the earlier you interview as there are most places available!

I hope this helps. Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fc93
Hiya, sorry to butt in but just thought I'd say that all the universities I've applied to have had something on their website/emails to say if you are travelling from far away you can contact them and ask to have your tests and interview on the same day so you should try contacting them directly once they offer you dates.

Whilst I know flights are expensive, be careful with rescheduling interviews. There is no guarantee that a new date will be in the same week as your others and might reflect badly on you if you ask to change too many times. (I know some places only offer you one reschedule date and then withdraw you if you turn that one down!) You could also end up with a date even further away! The other thing is that you have the maximum chance to get a place the earlier you interview as there are most places available!

I hope this helps. Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey thanks, yeah i have already rang all my choices and they said they can do it all on the one day thankfully. I haven't changed any dates yet I'm hoping I dont have to .. I'll just work around whatever I'm given but I was just wondering was the option there x
Reply 444
Original post by alice_c_97
I had my interview at Brighton today and just got an offer! So happy ☺️

Has anyone else not heard back after interview at Brighton for child nursing? It seems most people have heard, even those who interviewed yesterday!
Well done all who have got places :-)
Just can't wait to hear!! Interviewed on 25th Nov
Don't worry I havent heard either way yet. I went to that interview. They said, they will let us know within two weeks.
Brighton don't offer places on the same day as the interview. So that's odd.

To the person above (not sure how to quote!) yes it was Nov 25th. Good luck.

And yes I formed it straight away, it's the only uni I applied to. :-D
I had my interview at Brighton today and just got an offer! So happy ☺️

Are you sure you meant Brighton? They interview on Wednesdays (so I'm told?) and they take up to 4 weeks to process the offer or decline. I can't imagine they would just tell you there and then, especially as they have to add up all the points.
I wish I had applied to a university that gives offers out quickly! I think all my choices don't give offers out till around Feb at the earliest 😩. Had two interviews in the last week and so impatient all ready!! Lol
Are you sure you meant Brighton? They interview on Wednesdays (so I'm told?) and they take up to 4 weeks to process the offer or decline. I can't imagine they would just tell you there and then, especially as they have to add up all the points.

Yep definitely Brighton, my interviews were done by 11:30 and my offer came through at half five. Another girl I met at my interview got her offer the same day too. I don't know why my offer came through so quickly but I'm not complaining.
Reply 450
Yep definitely Brighton, my interviews were done by 11:30 and my offer came through at half five. Another girl I met at my interview got her offer the same day too. I don't know why my offer came through so quickly but I'm not complaining.

Has anyone who interviewed on 25th nov had an offer yet?
Strange people who interviewed over a week later heard before those previously interviewed??
Just received an interview for Northumbria on 7th January, anyone else got an interview then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sim.c
Has anyone who interviewed on 25th nov had an offer yet?
Strange people who interviewed over a week later heard before those previously interviewed??

It is weird isn't it?? But it goes through a few systems so maybe it has something to do with that.

I was interviewed on the 25th and found out yesterday.
Reply 453
It is weird isn't it?? But it goes through a few systems so maybe it has something to do with that.

I was interviewed on the 25th and found out yesterday.

Hope it was good news for you.
Original post by emmawebb
Hi Katie,

Hey there,

I will follow all this up with the department and get a full answer for you next week :h:

Have a lovely weekend,

Katie
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gifty223
Just received an interview for Northumbria on 7th January, anyone else got an interview then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! :smile: Any idea if theres a maths test or not?
Original post by Chash22308903
Me! :smile: Any idea if theres a maths test or not?

Hey! 😊
I'm not entirely sure, it doesn't really say anything about it so would still practice and there's literacy tho,so nervousss 😁😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been offered a conditional offer for Children's Nursing at Wolverhampton University in September 2016. Anyone else got places there for either January or September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gifty223
Hey! 😊
I'm not entirely sure, it doesn't really say anything about it so would still practice and there's literacy tho,so nervousss 😁😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the email didn't mention it :smile: Will practice as have another interview a week later anyway :smile: The literacy test should be fineee no need to be nervous!
Original post by Chash22308903
Yeah the email didn't mention it :smile: Will practice as have another interview a week later anyway :smile: The literacy test should be fineee no need to be nervous!

Ooh from where? Got Leeds next week, Ikw haha, excited tho :smile: 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending