The Student Room Group

animals question

When I was at uni a couple of my housemates bought some fish. It got me thinking fish aren't really a problem but what small animals (up to the size of a rabbit) would you really not like your housemates to have in the house, for me it's a scorpion.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jonathanemptage
When I was at uni a couple of my housemates bought some fish it got me thinking fish aren't really a problem but what small animals (up to the size of a rabbit) would you really not like your housemates to have in the house for me it's a scorpion

RIP punctuation
Certain species of tarantula, or like those massive cockroaches you can keep as pets, I hate them
Reply 3
I HATE SMALL ANIMALS. I can deal with rabbits +. So any small animal (especially hamsters - idk why but they scare the **** out of me :s-smilie:)
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
RIP punctuation

Reread the top post. you happy now?
Snakes, any kind of snake.
Reread the top post. you happy now?

Yes. Worst small animal to have is probably a skunk
Yes. Worst small animal to have is probably a skunk

cute thouhgh
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
If ferrets are counted as smaller than a rabbit, then definitely ferrets. I like looking at them and I think if I handled them more often I'd get used to them, but it freaks me out seeing them move. And they smell if kept indoors.

Scorpions and tarantulas are actually very timid! I wouldn't have one as a pet because they're quite boring, they don't really move and the ones I've looked after have scuttled away as soon as I opened their cages.
Spiders, snakes, creepy crawlies :afraid:
Original post by suirrel
If ferrets are counted as smaller than a rabbit, then definitely ferrets. I like looking at them and I think if I handled them more often I'd get used to them, but it freaks me out seeing them move. And they smell if kept indoors.

Scorpions and tarantulas are actually very timid! I wouldn't have one as a pet because they're quite boring, they don't really move and the ones I've looked after have scuttled away as soon as I opened their cages.

still just look at it though:eek:
[video="youtube;7BqxQhkVqao"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BqxQhkVqao[/video]

Put your volume at max and just listen. Don't watch.

THIS IS WHAT WILL EXTERMINATE HUMANITY
Haha tarantula (in case it escaped - useful in a Home Alone scenario, but otherwise... :tongue:)
Actually, pretty much any spider (lol and my little brother has a pet giant spider he found in the ivy. She's lasted a while now; I'm afraid I have her and her *two* egg-sacks on a death-list.)
Other than spiders... um, maybe hornets, although no idea what nutter would keep 'em for pets!
Also, grimy ferrets/rats. I have a friend who has kept both and let's just say her bedroom smells of a "perfume" of a kind :wink:
When I was at uni a couple of my housemates bought some fish. It got me thinking fish aren't really a problem but what small animals (up to the size of a rabbit) would you really not like your housemates to have in the house, for me it's a scorpion.

A rat.

still just look at it though:eek:

Literally most of the time, it will be hiding under a rock not out in the open! Scorpions are boring. Giant millipedes are very cool, though, they are more active when you pick them up. :smile:
Original post by suirrel
Literally most of the time, it will be hiding under a rock not out in the open! Scorpions are boring. Giant millipedes are very cool, though, they are more active when you pick them up. :smile:

I didn't even know you could get Giant millipedes as pets I'm not too keen on them either tbh one had a walk on roll in a dream recently
RIP punctuation

On that note (though digressing slightly) a question about animals* OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending