The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Callum Escott
Hi!

Got my reply this morning for St. Annes for Geography which unfortuneately was a rejection! Came by letter for anyone interested :smile: not surprised, I have poor GCSE scores (compared with you lot anyway:wink:) and the TSA only went average at best!

Eyyy! Another St Anne's rejectee :smile:

Where else have you applied to? Hope it works out for you in the end!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just popping back briefly to wish everyone with an interview the very best of luck! Be yourself, think aloud so that the interviewers can understand your thought processes, and don't let the competition phase you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Just popping back briefly to wish everyone with an interview the very best of luck! Be yourself, think aloud so that the interviewers can understand your thought processes, and don't let the competition phase you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And most of all, enjoy yourselves! Whatever happens we get to go to a lovely place and talk about the subjects we love, that's a great thing in itself!
Reply 9023
Received a rejection for PPE at New last week - still not quite over it; the TSA must have been awful. I wish you best of luck with your interviews :smile:
Starting to get nervous now... Think I've only just realised that I've actually got an Oxford interview
You should enjoy it! I think we all will tbh. Soak in the oxford atmosphere and take part in all the stuff they offer. It's a lovely place and I'm always missing it every time I visit.
Original post by CJaneH
Starting to get nervous now... Think I've only just realised that I've actually got an Oxford interview

It only hit me last night as well, we have interviews at one of the best universities IN THE WORLD! Scary really, I honestly feel like an average joe 😝
Original post by Aquaxo
Yep! How are you feeling for it?

Quite nervous. I'm hoping it goes okay, but I'm not really sure how exactly I feel haha. How about you?
After the interview, do the aptitude tests and grades even count, or do they give out offers based solely on how you performed in the interview?
Original post by whoskal
After the interview, do the aptitude tests and grades even count, or do they give out offers based solely on how you performed in the interview?

Everything still gets taken into account so all variables being the same, if a candidate performs better on aptitude tests, they still have a stronger chance of getting an offer. However I believe the interview is weighted most.
Just got rejected form St Anne's for Experimental Psychology
Good luck for the interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James_mc
It only hit me last night as well, we have interviews at one of the best universities IN THE WORLD! Scary really, I honestly feel like an average joe 😝

I know, I feel the same, it's so crazy. Especially when you see all the people who haven't got interviews, cause their grades are all so amazing
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Just popping back briefly to wish everyone with an interview the very best of luck! Be yourself, think aloud so that the interviewers can understand your thought processes, and don't let the competition phase you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I somehow got shortlisted, so excited to visit Woosta for the first time!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by n.safar4
Just got rejected form St Anne's for Experimental Psychology
Good luck for the interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We should make a St Anne's rejectee squad :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eux
I somehow got shortlisted, so excited to visit Woosta for the first time!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats btw!! Knew you'd get an interview. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Congrats btw!! Knew you'd get an interview. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, sorry to hear you didn't. I'm really surprised given how my MAT went though tbh
Anybody going to be at Christ Church from 6th-9th? (-:
Hey, has anybody going to biochemistry interviews between the 6th-9th received any additional information, apart from the time of arrival and possible departure dates??? I'm just wondering whether I'm meant to have received additional information.... Thanks :smile:
Original post by karate-kid
Hey, has anybody going to biochemistry interviews between the 6th-9th received any additional information, apart from the time of arrival and possible departure dates??? I'm just wondering whether I'm meant to have received additional information.... Thanks :smile:

No none at all! I'm just gunna rock up on sunday eve and see what happens I guess. Which college are you staying at? :-)
Original post by Sidneygladstone
No none at all! I'm just gunna rock up on sunday eve and see what happens I guess. Which college are you staying at? :-)

Same :P At least I know I'm not the only pretty much clueless one! (But hey, it's an adventure!) I'm staying at St Edmund Hall, you?

Latest

Trending

Trending