University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL ESPS Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kasiacheng
Just got an invitation!

I'm from Germany (EU student) and received an invitation to the Dual Degree Interview this Wednesday at UCL :smile: Excited and nervous!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
I've chosen Nancy and Menton, and my language choice is French. How much of the Interview will be in French and how much in English? Thanks :smile:
I applied to the dual degree and Sciences Po apparently did not fancy me but UCL said I was a "very strong applicant" and gave me an invitation :biggrin: I am applying for Russian major language and Arabic minor language. I am hoping that I can focus on two subjects as they state on the website. If so, I will do philosophy and Econ or some other combination. Can you spend the year abroad on a country that speaks your minor language of choice?
Reply 23
Original post by Gabrielxucram
I applied to the dual degree and Sciences Po apparently did not fancy me but UCL said I was a "very strong applicant" and gave me an invitation :biggrin: I am applying for Russian major language and Arabic minor language. I am hoping that I can focus on two subjects as they state on the website. If so, I will do philosophy and Econ or some other combination. Can you spend the year abroad on a country that speaks your minor language of choice?

Have you had your assessment day (the December one) or are you invited for sometime this year? Good luck!
Original post by MrJP
Have you had your assessment day (the December one) or are you invited for sometime this year? Good luck!

No I will have it over the phone sometime this year. Wby
Original post by MrJP
I've chosen Nancy and Menton, and my language choice is French. How much of the Interview will be in French and how much in English? Thanks :smile:

Also I saw that you are from Germany. Can you answer me a question? How is LMU or Heidelberg's quality when compared with UCL. I am fluent in German and I'm considering applying there cause its cheaper
Reply 26
Also I saw that you are from Germany. Can you answer me a question? How is LMU or Heidelberg's quality when compared with UCL. I am fluent in German and I'm considering applying there cause its cheaper

In general, German universities tend to be less prestigious. In fact, the name/reputation of the university is not as important for your future career as in England. However, I would say that their teaching and research standards are comparably high, though maybe not quite as high as UCL's because of financial reason. I chose to pick British universities because they open up entirely new perspectives in my future field. LMU and Heidelberg are excellent universities, both situated in very beautiful towns, and I am sure considering your background will also help to broaden your perspective widely; so do apply! :biggrin: If you got offers from both/the three in the end then you still have the opportunity to decide which of them suits you most. You'll probably get offers from the German ones, they are definitely not as selective as British unis. Good luck for your assessment day at UCL, it's quite challenging :/
Can anyone who has done the ESPS Dual Degree interview tell me what its like? I just an invitation today for an assessement day and I was wondering if anyone had tips/suggestions or just general advice about the interview and TSA please. Thanks!
Reply 28
Original post by martagottweets
Can anyone who has done the ESPS Dual Degree interview tell me what its like? I just an invitation today for an assessement day and I was wondering if anyone had tips/suggestions or just general advice about the interview and TSA please. Thanks!

Feel free to pm me! :smile:
Just got an offer :biggrin: so happy!!!

Congrats!!
Can you copy and paste the whole email you got??

Well done! :smile:
Original post by JustAGuyy
Congrats!!
Can you copy and paste the whole email you got??

Sent you a private message.
Original post by majaohalo
Well done! :smile:

Thank you! Are you an offer holder too?
Thank you! Are you an offer holder too?

Yup! :yes: Are you going to firm UCL?
Yup! :yes: Are you going to firm UCL?

Yup and you?
Yup and you?

Yeah! I'm really looking forward to it :smile: A bit worried about learning German from scratch though!
Yeah! I'm really looking forward to it A bit worried about learning German from scratch though!

Haha you will be fine! Do you speak 0 German? I developed and experimented a method to learn German from scratch in 90 days last year. It was very fun. I love that language. I'm gonna try to reach Russian B2 level before September. I hope this works as I do not want to take ab initio courses. What is your concentration?

Haha you will be fine! Do you speak 0 German? I developed and experimented a method to learn German from scratch in 90 days last year. It was very fun. I love that language. I'm gonna try to reach Russian B2 level before September. I hope this works as I do not want to take ab initio courses. What is your concentration?

Well I did German up to year 9 in school... so I can introduce myself at least haha! My knowledge pretty much ends at a basic conversation, but it's something! :redface:

LOL wow, that's quite an ambition, I've heard Russian is really hard! I was also planning on trying to learn a little more German before I start though :smile: Why don't you want to take ab initio courses?

Anthropology! The modules look amazing! What's yours?
Well I did German up to year 9 in school... so I can introduce myself at least haha! My knowledge pretty much ends at a basic conversation, but it's something! :redface:

LOL wow, that's quite an ambition, I've heard Russian is really hard! I was also planning on trying to learn a little more German before I start though :smile: Why don't you want to take ab initio courses?

Anthropology! The modules look amazing! What's yours?

At least the language wont be absolutely alien to you! Its a great start.

Yeah Russian is hard but I know a little Czech which surprisingly is helping me tremendously.

I dont want to take ab initio classes cause they are usually not challenging enough. I like following my learning pace which is fast! Plus i love Russian literature and I'd like to study it deeply and quickly. But thats just me.

And my concentration is Philosophy but I might pick a second one since they allow that. Im still considering. Why did you pick anthropology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending