The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zaibaa
Has anyone got a place at Oxford? I'm currently applying for colleges but it's so hard deciding on the right one.

I applied and have an interview for the 16th, but I've not had anything about colleges. Have you been interviewed already?
Original post by kizzz!
Anyone else feeling overwhelmed? :frown:

Yeah I am! I'm currently sat waiting for my second interview in 48 hours and I'm so ready to not be doing interviews!

I definitely felt more overwhelmed before I'd had my Cambridge interview yesterday because that sounded like a lot of work.

Don't worry, just keep plodding on and you'll get through the horrible application period!
Original post by Aemiliana
Yeah I am! I'm currently sat waiting for my second interview in 48 hours and I'm so ready to not be doing interviews!

I definitely felt more overwhelmed before I'd had my Cambridge interview yesterday because that sounded like a lot of work.

Don't worry, just keep plodding on and you'll get through the horrible application period!

My reply to everyone that asks how I am is 'I'm still just plodding along' ha!

I just feel overwhelmed with how much there is to know and to do. I know at this stage we're not expected to be experts in teaching but sometimes I feel like we are.
Original post by kizzz!

Haha yes me too, I'm just plodding along one day at a time , the whole process is exhausting lol
Just off now to do my English skills test, battling the traffic on a Friday isn't ideal 😁
Original post by carolineherts
Just off now to do my English skills test, battling the traffic on a Friday isn't ideal 😁

Good luck! I have both of mine tomorrow. G&A analytical are my heroes!
Original post by kizzz!

I am a bit too - everything seems to be such a rush! I guess it's all character-forming though!
Original post by SE_47
I am a bit too - everything seems to be such a rush! I guess it's all character-forming though!

Have you got your newspapers for Monday ?! No idea what they are for lol this whole process is rather like a 'magical mystery tour ' 😂🙈
Original post by kizzz!

I hear you! Hang in there. This has probably been the two most hectic weeks for a long long time. Good practice though for teacher training and teaching perhaps?! I reckon in a week or so we should know one way or another, maybe even next week!

Both skills tests tomorrow...just got 75% in one numeracy and then 67% in the other....gonna be at this all night now!
haha literally looking at G&A on youtube right now to work out why I got the questions wrong that I did!!

Had interview at my third school today. They said they would let us know today but haven't heard anything so guess that means a no? Is my third choice anyway...second round of interviews for choice 1 and 2 on monday and tuesday!

I'm also ready not to be doing interviews! And ready for some nights down the pub!!

Original post by SE_47
Good luck! I have both of mine tomorrow. G&A analytical are my heroes!
Does anyone have any idea when the IMA maths teacher training scholarship applications are going to open?
They definitely said 'early November', but a month later and still nothing.
It's annoying me as I am likely to be out of the country for sixth months from January onwards.
Original post by martyncooper
I hear you! Hang in there. This has probably been the two most hectic weeks for a long long time. Good practice though for teacher training and teaching perhaps?! I reckon in a week or so we should know one way or another, maybe even next week!

Both skills tests tomorrow...just got 75% in one numeracy and then 67% in the other....gonna be at this all night now!

I've got all my interviews next week. I'm at the point where if I get an offer from my first interview, I'm gonna take it just so I don't have to have any more interviews!!!
I got an offer through UCAS for the other uni so I'm so pleased and also means that primary isn't full yet for others!
Original post by martyncooper
haha literally looking at G&A on youtube right now to work out why I got the questions wrong that I did!!

Had interview at my third school today. They said they would let us know today but haven't heard anything so guess that means a no? Is my third choice anyway...second round of interviews for choice 1 and 2 on monday and tuesday!

I'm also ready not to be doing interviews! And ready for some nights down the pub!!

good luck , the way things are going I'm just grateful to have got an interview and a night down the pub seems like a good idea !
Original post by princessonice
Has anyone heard back from Cambridge for primary PGCE?

Yep... interview was yesterday, just got my rejection :frown:
I had my interview at Sussex today. It was really quick but I think it went well! They said that they wanted me and even said, "we need more teachers like you" which was such a boost to my now bruised ego!

I keep finding myself mentally dissecting the whole interview though despite the fact that they said that they wanted me several times!

I'm also still going over yesterday's Cambridge interview. I'm not too hopeful about that one now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kizzz!
Congrats! Have you got long/much to prepare?

The email only said I was invited to an interview on the 14th and to confirm if i can attend. They said they would be in touch with details, so I don't really know yet haha
Original post by shannonbeth
The email only said I was invited to an interview on the 14th and to confirm if i can attend. They said they would be in touch with details, so I don't really know yet haha

Well at least you have over a week! (And not 4 days like me!)
Original post by TunaTunnel
I applied and have an interview for the 16th, but I've not had anything about colleges. Have you been interviewed already?

Hi yeah I've been interviewed and offered a place. Good luck with your interview. Which subject?
Original post by Zaibaa
Hi yeah I've been interviewed and offered a place. Good luck with your interview. Which subject?

What was it like? The info they gave us made it seem pretty informal, no tests or presentation. Physics, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending