Scroll to see replies

I have an interview on Thursday 17th December at 1.15pm!!! 😃😃😃
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Skyerancour
I have an interview on Thursday 17th December at 1.15pm!!! 😃😃😃

How nice ! I am still waiting ,,,,,, :juggle:
Original post by robotdoctor88
How nice ! I am still waiting ,,,,,, :juggle:

I'm still waiting too! And also for their medical sciences course :frown: it's making me worried :frown:
Original post by k8clar
I'm still waiting too! And also for their medical sciences course :frown: it's making me worried :frown:

Also waiting! Do we know if Dundee are sending more interviews out?
Also still waiting, I'd rather they just told me 'sorry, not this time' so I can stop panic refreshing my emails! :tongue:
Hey, could someone help me out please!:smile: Would I get an interview with these stats?
A level: A*AA (but an E at AS economics)
GCSE: 1A*, 6'A'S, 3B'S
I'm currently in year 13 but just completely wasted last year. Im thinking of taking a gap year, gaining some work experience and then applying for medicine for 2017 entry :smile: Please be honest - If its highly unlikely then I just need to stop dreaming and will carry on with pharmacy lol :smile:
Original post by medbot123
Also waiting! Do we know if Dundee are sending more interviews out?

I have heard they send out their interviews in batches but I don't know :frown:
Original post by mandyS375
Hey, could someone help me out please!:smile: Would I get an interview with these stats?
A level: A*AA (but an E at AS economics)
GCSE: 1A*, 6'A'S, 3B'S
I'm currently in year 13 but just completely wasted last year. Im thinking of taking a gap year, gaining some work experience and then applying for medicine for 2017 entry :smile: Please be honest - If its highly unlikely then I just need to stop dreaming and will carry on with pharmacy lol :smile:

I think if you take a gap year and repeat your E at AS you'd stand a really good chance at getting in! 😊 I'm a gap year student at the minute and it's the best thing that could have happened 😊 I've been learning sign language this year, and working as a care assistant and love it 😊 universities love gap year students because you're more mature 😊 last year I only had 1 interview, but this year I've already got 2 out of the 4, and the other 2 universities told me I'll get an interview because I have full points for both their criteria. So a gap year can be a really advantageous thing 😊
I think if you take a gap year and repeat your E at AS you'd stand a really good chance at getting in! 😊 I'm a gap year student at the minute and it's the best thing that could have happened 😊 I've been learning sign language this year, and working as a care assistant and love it 😊 universities love gap year students because you're more mature 😊 last year I only had 1 interview, but this year I've already got 2 out of the 4, and the other 2 universities told me I'll get an interview because I have full points for both their criteria. So a gap year can be a really advantageous thing 😊

Yeah I might actually consider doing that even though economics absolutely killed me last year haha!
Thats really good sounds like you're having a great time! :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats like??
Yeah I might actually consider doing that even though economics absolutely killed me last year haha!
Thats really good sounds like you're having a great time! :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats like??

GCSE- 6A* 4A
A level - 2A* (biology and maths) 2A (chemistry and Irish)
UKCAT: 2840
I'd definitely really recommend a gap year, I'm loving it 😊
GCSE- 6A* 4A
A level - 2A* (biology and maths) 2A (chemistry and Irish)
UKCAT: 2840
I'd definitely really recommend a gap year, I'm loving it 😊

Oh wow thats amazing!! :smile: Yeah I am really considering it because I want to do medicine so badly....It all depends on my a level results to be honest!! What universities did you apply to last year and this year??
Just a note to anyone who is travelling to Dundee next week that the forth road bridge is closed, so you're best leaving extra extra time for your journey because 11 mile tailbacks have been reported today on an alternative route! Just incase anyone isn't already aware :smile:
Oh wow thats amazing!! :smile: Yeah I am really considering it because I want to do medicine so badly....It all depends on my a level results to be honest!! What universities did you apply to last year and this year??

Thanks 😊 last year I applied to QUB, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Liverpool. I didn't meet the cutoff for interview at QUB, I had an interview in Aberdeen, Glasgow didn't give me a reason why they rejected me and Liverpool said my personal statement wasn't competitive enough.
This yeah I applied to QUB, Cardiff, Dundee and Manchester - I have been invited to interview in Dundee and Manchester so far 😊
Original post by Jennapee
Just a note to anyone who is travelling to Dundee next week that the forth road bridge is closed, so you're best leaving extra extra time for your journey because 11 mile tailbacks have been reported today on an alternative route! Just incase anyone isn't already aware :smile:

Or even if your interview is later! I have booked a second plane ticket home for the morning after my interview, just in case I miss the flight back on the Monday evening! :tongue:

Can't say I fancy potentially staying the night in Edinburgh airport but it's better than paying Ryanair £250 on the day instead of £13 now...
Thanks 😊 last year I applied to QUB, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Liverpool. I didn't meet the cutoff for interview at QUB, I had an interview in Aberdeen, Glasgow didn't give me a reason why they rejected me and Liverpool said my personal statement wasn't competitive enough.
This yeah I applied to QUB, Cardiff, Dundee and Manchester - I have been invited to interview in Dundee and Manchester so far 😊

Ahh well done for the getting the interviews this year!! I hope the others get back to you with good news too!! :smile:
Ahh well done for the getting the interviews this year!! I hope the others get back to you with good news too!! :smile:

Thanks! 😊 where all did you apply to? 😊
Original post by prospectivemed56
Or even if your interview is later! I have booked a second plane ticket home for the morning after my interview, just in case I miss the flight back on the Monday evening! :tongue:

Can't say I fancy potentially staying the night in Edinburgh airport but it's better than paying Ryanair £250 on the day instead of £13 now...

Yeah I should've mentioned its closed until the new year- didn't even think oops!
Is your interview tomorrow :smile:?
Anyone know what we have to bring/upload for the dundee interviews? like passport, driving license, educational certificates?
Original post by Jennapee
Yeah I should've mentioned its closed until the new year- didn't even think oops!
Is your interview tomorrow :smile:?

Monday January 11. Let's just say that my optimism in them fixing the bridge by then is somewhat limited.
Thanks! 😊 where all did you apply to? 😊

Well I didnt apply to medicine this year because my grades werent good enough but I applied to pharmacy at Bath, Nottingham, UEA & Birmingham :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending