The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else applying to Nottingham, De Montfort, BCU, Coventry or Huddersfield? ☺️
I only sent my application off 2 days ago and I'm already getting so impatient! If anyone would be willing to say how quickly they heard back from their unis so I can put my mind at rest, I would really appreciate it ☺️
Original post by meganwilders98
I got it last Tuesday morning. My application was sent a month ago and they were the last university to get back to me about interview.

Oh right, that's good! Where else have you applied?
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
Is anyone else applying to Nottingham, De Montfort, BCU, Coventry or Huddersfield? ☺️

I've applied to Nottingham but I still haven't heard back yet
Original post by Midwifeforlife
I've applied to Nottingham but I still haven't heard back yet

How long ago did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Is it your first choice?
I've applied for Nottingham, UEA, Surrey, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham City. I have 5/5 interviews, I have already had 2 interviews for Surrey and Oxford Brookes- I have offers from both after attending the interview. Which is wonderful!

Oh right, that's good! Where else have you applied?
Nottingham took over a month to get back to e and they've sent out one interview day but may send more soon. BCU got back to me in 8 days with interview, but they've given out for both interviews now, so they're filling spaces. But they are quite quick with rejections too, so no news is good news!

Reply 247
I only sent my application off 2 days ago and I'm already getting so impatient! If anyone would be willing to say how quickly they heard back from their unis so I can put my mind at rest, I would really appreciate it ☺️

Where did you apply?
How long ago did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Is it your first choice?

I applied almost a month ago so I'm hoping to hear soon and it is my first choice. Where else have you applied?
I've applied for Nottingham, UEA, Surrey, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham City. I have 5/5 interviews, I have already had 2 interviews for Surrey and Oxford Brookes- I have offers from both after attending the interview. Which is wonderful!

Wow, that's amazing!
Nottingham took over a month to get back to e and they've sent out one interview day but may send more soon. BCU got back to me in 8 days with interview, but they've given out for both interviews now, so they're filling spaces. But they are quite quick with rejections too, so no news is good news!

Ah I should stop worrying myself then! Tbh I don't think they will fill all the spaces until they've interviewed everyone, that's what they said on numerous open days anyway! Have you had your Nottingham interview yet?
I applied almost a month ago so I'm hoping to hear soon and it is my first choice. Where else have you applied?

Ah I'm sure you'll hear soon! I have applied to Nottingham, De Montfort, Coventry, BCU and Huddersfield! What about you?
Original post by naz.97
Where did you apply?

Hey, I've applied to Nottingham, De Montfort, Coventry, BCU and Huddersfield! Are you looking to study midwifery too?
No I meant filling spaces for the interview dates they've released. They have about 3 dates I think and they're full so they're going to interview those people then create more days as they only have 40 spaces per day. No, my Nottingham interview is the 30th January, it is the last interview for me. Very excited for all my interviews to be over. They are so daunting!

Ah I should stop worrying myself then! Tbh I don't think they will fill all the spaces until they've interviewed everyone, that's what they said on numerous open days anyway! Have you had your Nottingham interview yet?
Ah I'm sure you'll hear soon! I have applied to Nottingham, De Montfort, Coventry, BCU and Huddersfield! What about you?

I've applied to Nottingham, UEA, Kings, City and Canterbury
No I meant filling spaces for the interview dates they've released. They have about 3 dates I think and they're full so they're going to interview those people then create more days as they only have 40 spaces per day. No, my Nottingham interview is the 30th January, it is the last interview for me. Very excited for all my interviews to be over. They are so daunting!

Oh right I see what you mean I thought you meant offers! Was going to say it's a bit unfair filling all of the spaces up when not everyone has had the chance to have an interview. Yeah I can imagine, especially when you want it so bad! Good luck anyway :smile: might see you there!
Reply 256
I've applied to Nottingham, UEA, Kings, City and Canterbury

Hey have you heard from Kings and city yet?
Original post by naz.97
Hey have you heard from Kings and city yet?

Hey, no I haven't heard anything yet, are you applying there?
Reply 258
Hey, no I haven't heard anything yet, are you applying there?

Yeah, I applied exactly 1 month ago but still haven't heard anything from kings and city. How long has it been since you applied?
Original post by naz.97
Yeah, I applied exactly 1 month ago but still haven't heard anything from kings and city. How long has it been since you applied?

It's been almost a month now, I don't think they've started giving out interviews yet maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending