The Student Room Group

Applying to Greenhead College Huddersfield and not from a feeder school?

I'm set to get A*'s and A's at GCSE (mainly A's) but I started revision a bit late and don't know if i'll make the grades for my mocks in December. If I don't will there be a posibility of me getting in despite me not being from a feeder school or will I have to revise like mad to try and scrape the grades. Even if I do get them are they still too low? Plus, please bare in mind that i'm not from a feeder school so they'll be less willing to give me a place.

Thanks!!
Hi, this is my first time replying to a post however Iwould just like to say firstly do not panic about GCSE mock exams, i did and indidn’t help. I don’t know if you have started your exams however if you have orhaven't just think about your subjects methodically, by this I mean which aremost important to you and focus on these. i would like to say that greenhead isa great college but don’t stress about getting in, both my twin and i got inand I can tell you that we are very different so it was a nice to show thecomparison on what they accept.
my brother got 4A 5B 1C (mocks)
I got 5A* 4A 1B

we both got in, the interview is a nice place to show how you are going toimprove on some of your results, and to show your personality as they emphasizethey want diverse, unique student who will bring something more to the college,i.e. extracurricular are nice to talk about and how they have shaped you...blah blah blah :smile:

Remember you gcse mocks are not going to mold your future, but they will if youlet them(in a bad way) if you are going to stress and stress it will not help.i did this and during my gcse real exams i was admitted to hospital and it wasa nightmare!! Remember whatever you are thinking about doing in the future yourhealth is not worth risking and a conscientious student like you needs to becareful and calm down. i know it seems like the end of the world now if you don’tdo well (which i am sure you will considering you’re a member of tsr
) but it reallyisn’t there are always other pathways to success. Remember this. Good luck andkeep calm (and carry on).
-G

Original post by _GeeGee_
Hi, this is my first time replying to a post however Iwould just like to say firstly do not panic about GCSE mock exams, i did and indidn’t help. I don’t know if you have started your exams however if you have orhaven't just think about your subjects methodically, by this I mean which aremost important to you and focus on these. i would like to say that greenhead isa great college but don’t stress about getting in, both my twin and i got inand I can tell you that we are very different so it was a nice to show thecomparison on what they accept.
my brother got 4A 5B 1C (mocks)
I got 5A* 4A 1B

we both got in, the interview is a nice place to show how you are going toimprove on some of your results, and to show your personality as they emphasizethey want diverse, unique student who will bring something more to the college,i.e. extracurricular are nice to talk about and how they have shaped you...blah blah blah :smile:

Remember you gcse mocks are not going to mold your future, but they will if youlet them(in a bad way) if you are going to stress and stress it will not help.i did this and during my gcse real exams i was admitted to hospital and it wasa nightmare!! Remember whatever you are thinking about doing in the future yourhealth is not worth risking and a conscientious student like you needs to becareful and calm down. i know it seems like the end of the world now if you don’tdo well (which i am sure you will considering you’re a member of tsr ) but it reallyisn’t there are always other pathways to success. Remember this. Good luck andkeep calm (and carry on).
-G

are you from a feeder school?
Original post by jjjjjjjjjjj432
are you from a feeder school?

No I am not from a feeder school, there was an article in the newspaper a while a go which the principle of greenhead made it was about people having a miss conception about the school and that they want variety and diversity in students. By the way if you go to a grammar school your expected to do better therefore the GCSE you are required to attain is higher but if you go to a comprehensive school you can get away with lower grades.

Quick Reply

Latest