The Student Room Group

GCSE 2015 Past Paper Release Schedule

2015 Exam Series Past Paper Schedule

Past papers are really great for revision, and while you might think that practising using the most recent one will give you an edge when it comes to your exam, these papers won't be around in the general public for quite some time! Please don't try to access these papers before the dates listed below

Because the most recent papers are used for mock exams, there's a delay in releasing them. Here's the schedule for the GSCE 2015 series of exams:
past papers gcse.png

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101

Past papers are really great for revision, and while you might think that practising using the most recent one will give you an edge when it comes to your exam, these papers won't be around in the general public for quite some time! Please don't try to access these papers before the dates listed below

Because the most recent papers are used for mock exams, there's a delay in releasing them. Here's the schedule for the GSCE 2015 series of exams:
past papers gcse.png

But it's kind of not fair that the November exam papers are released along with the ones taken in May/June.
Reply 2
When are EDEXCEL exam reports released for June 2015
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
But it's kind of not fair that the November exam papers are released along with the ones taken in May/June.

Life isn't fair, deal with it
Original post by Will98765
Life isn't fair, deal with it

We were instructed how to deal with it, but not how to make it fair! :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Mehrdad jafari

You know what isn't fair. Doing A levels with NO set of past papers for Chemistry or Biology apart from 2 specimen papers.
Original post by SGHD26716
You know what isn't fair. Doing A levels with NO set of past papers for Chemistry or Biology apart from 2 specimen papers.

If you look at the specimen papers then you will see that they are in no way different than the old papers, the same content is assessed throughout.

Preach it!! Same for physics as well:angry:
Reply 8
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
The content hasn't changed much though.. The main plan is the make exams at the end of the year so more linear. Unlike GCSE reforms happening, A levels aren't as bad.

They are much, much worse.

Take Biology for example.

For the A-level in Biology, you take 3 exams at the end of Y13 (so far so good). The first exam is on the AS content (350 page textbook) and the second exam is on the A2 content (350 page textbook). Even though it's a lot, it's manageable. But the third exam is on both years' content - ALL 700 PAGES WORTH FOR ONE SINGLE TWO HOUR EXAM. And the content is hard.

So if you even think that A-levels aren't as bad, you are HUGELY mistaken and you've got a big storm coming. If you're doing/thinking of doing more than two or more sciences, hahahahhahahahhahhaha good luck!

The GCSE reforms are a walk in the park, trust me. I did all my exams in a linear format and I did okay, not as well as hoped but still pretty good and to be considered a 'russell group' potential applicant.

Next time PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look up what you're wanting to type!

(rant over)
Reply 9
The content hasn't changed much though.. The main plan is the make exams at the end of the year so more linear. Unlike GCSE reforms happening, A levels aren't as bad.

OK, the content may not have changed a lot. But still, there is more of it to learn.
You can't have too much of a good thing. But these are exams we're talking about.
I was taught to do what I can today and not for tomorrow. Just a pity exams don't follow the same principle.

I have 11 AS exams and 16 A2 exams. Also I had 28 GCSE exams

Oh really? New contents are added for e.g. Psychology, such as depression or statistical infrequency (which is a thing you'd normally learn at uni) and many more. I've also heard that for sciences, some of the previous A2 content is covered and assessed at AS. Many topics have been expanded so there's more to learn for each one of them. I'm dreading my AS exams...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by h8skoooooool
Preach it!! Same for physics as well:angry:

You can still use past paper questions for those exam boards on the old specification though, the science doesn't change, but there are some differences in the content e.g wanting more detail on something, introducing a new topic in the new spec that you need to be aware of. It's mainly the structure of the exam that is different (like the multiple choice questions) from what my teacher has said. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
can u guys send me the link to get the OCR paper cos it say it got released on august.
But how and where can I find the 2015 past papers?????
When will they release the ocr 21st century 2015 paper ?

past papers gcse.png
Original post by nitthushz
When will they release the ocr 21st century 2015 paper ?

Just the top row of the table :smile:
OK, the content may not have changed a lot. But still, there is more of it to learn.
You can't have too much of a good thing. But these are exams we're talking about.
I was taught to do what I can today and not for tomorrow. Just a pity exams don't follow the same principle.

I have 11 AS exams and 16 A2 exams. Also I had 28 GCSE exams

More than 4 A-Levels has no benefits so why are you taking so much..?
Reply 17
Original post by ckfeister
More than 4 A-Levels has no benefits so why are you taking so much..?

I am doing FOUR A levels. Maths, further maths, biology, chemistry.
For maths and further:
C1
C2
FP1
D1
S1
M1
+ C3 this year

2x biology
2x chemistry
:unimpressed: I guess some people can't wait. Lots of schools mess up with their use of past papers for unit test anyway, using (e.g) 2012 Physics on Monday, then all student who are lazy/ smart enough find the paper for Chem and Bio on the next day.

That why some of the Summer's exam threads have questions like "What was hard" or "What was the topics", because most school, e.g. mine will use the 2015 for Unit 1 in November, so it'll be 2015 in January for Unit 2, and if so, even more obvious, Unit 3 2015 in March.
(edited 8 years ago)

past papers gcse.png

Have u got past papers additional science higher B2, C2, P2 please and their mark schemes?

Quick Reply

Latest