The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Onuoha sealing the win in the last minute. Jimmy Floyd will be ecstatic.
Basically I'm a Millwall fan

[video="youtube;1LYz6ER5PTM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LYz6ER5PTM[/video]
Austin is already a phenomenal striker, and now he has Hasselbaink as a coach.

Original post by James Milibanter
Basically I'm a Millwall fan

Unlucky mate.
Nothing much happening in the Ipswich and Middlesbrough game so far, nearly half time now.
Millwall are playing Wycombe tomorrow, my prediction is 2-1 to millwall.

Lee Gregory to open the scoring. I'd put money on it but seeing as I live in Barking, I may be beaten up after placing the bet.
Goal for Middlesbrough
Original post by TornadoGR4
Austin is already a phenomenal striker, and now he has Hasselbaink as a coach.

Can't imagine he'll be there post-summer, though, if they fail to get promoted. No idea where this leaves Burton, either. Top of the league but set to undergo a massive upheaval now.
Dominant second half for Middlesbrough, Ipswich just couldn't live with them in the end. Middlesbrough top for the league, at least until tomorrow anyway.
Middlesbrough should finish top four. They may miss out on automatic promotion given that teams can spring from nowhere and get a place in the top flight by just enjoying some momentum towards the back end of the season. If they finish any lower, though, something has gone wrong.

Ipswich were decent tonight, but they are failing to replicate the home form which made Portman Road such a fortress in 2014/15.
What do we all think of Bradford's manager Phil Parkinson ? To be fair he has done really well with Bradford, ie the cup runs and the league status. However a lot of people critcise his football tactics, saying their old and boring, which is some what true like the long ball thats just doesnt do anything for us now.

But what do we think of the tactics ? There ok it does the job, but if we do get promoted to Championship we cant stick with the long/hoof ball tactics its just wont work and we will come back down very fast. Sheffield united seemed pretty reluctant to have Parkinson take over last season.
Original post by redleader1
What do we all think of Bradford's manager Phil Parkinson ? To be fair he has done really well with Bradford, ie the cup runs and the league status. However a lot of people critcise his football tactics, saying their old and boring, which is some what true like the long ball thats just doesnt do anything for us now.

But what do we think of the tactics ? There ok it does the job, but if we do get promoted to Championship we cant stick with the long/hoof ball tactics its just wont work and we will come back down very fast. Sheffield united seemed pretty reluctant to have Parkinson take over last season.

He's a thoroughly unlikeable individual, though. I'm not sure anybody really can begrudge a team in the third tier for playing hoofball (in fact, only a few teams - Coventry, Walsall, Burton, Bury play attractively), but coupled with Parkinson's grating personality, it's hard to really like him.
My football club confuses me
Hull fans were silent

Snodgrass got a fantastic reception, which was nice to see

About 25 people left in the 17th minute over #PieGate

Fantastic win
Original post by The Wavefunction
My football club confuses me

You guys never good enough to be promoted and never bad enough to be relegated:wink: if this continues for years, it would make the championship "the Leeds division"
Original post by Mackay
He's a thoroughly unlikeable individual, though. I'm not sure anybody really can begrudge a team in the third tier for playing hoofball (in fact, only a few teams - Coventry, Walsall, Burton, Bury play attractively), but coupled with Parkinson's grating personality, it's hard to really like him.

Whats wrong with his personality ? He seems alright, if you had said Steve Evans had a bad personality then I would understand. But Parkinson seems fine. But in terms of football tactics we cant cope with it in the Championship and the media have sort of said its Bradfords season to push for promotion.
Original post by redleader1
Whats wrong with his personality ? He seems alright, if you had said Steve Evans had a bad personality then I would understand. But Parkinson seems fine. But in terms of football tactics we cant cope with it in the Championship and the media have sort of said its Bradfords season to push for promotion.

He seems brash and arrogant to me.
Original post by Mackay
He seems brash and arrogant to me.

Hmmm. But what about his tactics ? Since Bradford are trying to make the play offs under Parkinson we're not going to last in the Championship.
Poor Bolton. They can't seem to catch a break at the minute. Late winner for Cardiff at the Macron.
Original post by shawn_o1
You guys never good enough to be promoted and never bad enough to be relegated:wink: if this continues for years, it would make the championship "the Leeds division"

Tell me about it! The one thing I said years ago was that I didn't want to become a mediocre championship club, although it's better than league one. We'll get back to the promised land one day.. And the premier league will become interesting again:wink:
James Wilson bags a goal for Brighton. Fair play to him. He needs to get his head down and work hard while out there, but the main currency for any striker is goals and he got off the mark well today.

Quick Reply

Latest