The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Medicine Applicants (A100) 2016 entry

Anyone planning on applying here for 2016 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes! It's my top choice, hopefully ill get an interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome, how many points will you score for academics/UKCAT? Sounds like the cut off is usually around 37-38 points :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by stephannalee
Awesome, how many points will you score for academics/UKCAT? Sounds like the cut off is usually around 37-38 points :smile:

I already have 36 points from my GCSEs, and I'm doing the UKCAT next week, so hopefully will make the cut off! What about you?
Original post by Sonyaa46
I already have 36 points from my GCSEs, and I'm doing the UKCAT next week, so hopefully will make the cut off! What about you?

I've also got 36 academic points I believe (applying as a grad so it's done on degree+A level rather than GCSES) and have 4/6 for UKCAT so I'm hopeful! Good luck in your UKCAT you've got so many academic points that even if you don't do amazingly in it you should be fine!
Reply 5
Yeah! It's so relieving to know I might have at least one interview, although the interview style is multi mini isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Is it true that Med school re-applicants will only be considered if they applied to QUB the first time?
Original post by Dzidze
Is it true that Med school re-applicants will only be considered if they applied to QUB the first time?

I believe so, however i phoned them and emailed them and they said that it was okay if you applied as an undergrad (not applying to qub) and are now applying as a graduate
Reply 8
[QUOTE=stephannalee;60807887]I believe so, however i phoned them and emailed them and they said that it was okay if you applied as an undergrad (not applying to qub) and are now applying as a graduate
Why wouldn't they put that on their website though in the entry requirements?
That's a little unfair I think
Original post by Dzidze
Why wouldn't they put that on their website though in the entry requirements?
That's a little unfair I think

They do provide the information, it's on the document that outlines all the details of the application that's linked on their website, I guess maybe they expect everyone will read it, but I agree it would be fairer if it was all on the main bit of the website :/
Reply 10
Yeah I had to quite a bit of digging to find it. I'm an international student as it is, so spaces on med courses are very few, so if this is true then this really sucks.
It's also kind of weird because most schools have the opposite rule where they don't allow reapplicants who were rejected post interview.
Original post by Dzidze
Yeah I had to quite a bit of digging to find it. I'm an international student as it is, so spaces on med courses are very few, so if this is true then this really sucks.
It's also kind of weird because most schools have the opposite rule where they don't allow reapplicants who were rejected post interview.

Yeah I know it's weird, understand that they want people who are comittee to their uni and everyone would apply to them in their gap year otherwise as you get full academic points if you have the required a level grades, where else have you applied?
Hiya I've applied to QUB this year and was wondering if anyone knows when they start giving interviews out
Reply 13
I've heard that it's most likely 1st or 2nd week of December so shouldn't be long now. I'm applying as a graduate, any others out there?
Reply 14
Original post by Gavin123
I've heard that it's most likely 1st or 2nd week of December so shouldn't be long now. I'm applying as a graduate, any others out there?

I'm applying as a graduate too
Reply 15
Original post by hahgnds
I'm applying as a graduate too

Nice, have you added up your overall points? And what/where did you study already? :smile:
Reply 16
Nice, have you added up your overall points? And what/where did you study already? :smile:

40/42
I'm in the final year of my MSci in Integrated Pharmacology and Physiology for Research, it's a bit of a mouthful! I'm at King's College London. What about you?
Reply 17
Nice, you've basically already got an offer then with all that! Haha. I'm in my final year of Modern Languages, namely Spaish and Portuguese at Queen's. I've also got 40 points! Did you also apply for grad courses or is queens your 1st choice?
Reply 18
How are people planning to prepare for interview? I've got the interview book, but was wondering if anybody has done the courses and if they found them worth the money?
Reply 19
Nice, you've basically already got an offer then with all that! Haha. I'm in my final year of Modern Languages, namely Spaish and Portuguese at Queen's. I've also got 40 points! Did you also apply for grad courses or is queens your 1st choice?

I think we both have a good chance of getting an interview!
Modern languages is interesting, it's very different to the sciences. What's Queens like? I'm currently sitting on two rejections and Queen's is now my first choice I think. What about you? Did you apply for GEM?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending