The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Toure got a bang in his knee during injury according to Pearce. So Lovren and Skrtel our only fit senior CBs v Newcastle.
Toure can't quite catch a break can he?
Doesn't really matter. Skrtel and Lovren will be the pairing regardless, you imagine. The latter has been talking himself up, which worries me, but he has enjoyed a renaissance and seems to be settling down recently under Klopp.
Wow if Man City lose today (losing 2-0 at the moment) and we beat Newcastle tomorrow then we'd only be 3 points behind them :eek:
Looks like City are dropping points this afternoon.
Glad that our semi final tie is over two legs rather than one. Britannia is always a tough place to play and we did well to get the 3 points from there.
You simply must watch this. All parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTsZmWBM-1c
(edited 8 years ago)
Win tomorrow and I don't see why we won't win the league.

Oh and we'll score 4 minimum
Original post by Mackay
Doesn't really matter. Skrtel and Lovren will be the pairing regardless, you imagine. The latter has been talking himself up, which worries me, but he has enjoyed a renaissance and seems to be settling down recently under Klopp.

Rodgers made better defenders than Lovren look like idiots. There's hope for him yet.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

Can't wait for the quote of the year thread

this is a fail prediction
Rodgers made better defenders than Lovren look like idiots. There's hope for him yet.

Definitely. I always worry a bit when he's in the press giving interviews after a decent run of form, though. We him performing well in the early games of this season, then he was telling journalists and briefing them how confident and renewed he felt, and he went and ****ed up royally against West Ham at Anfield.
So Spurs, City and United have all dropped points, a win tomorrow and we're right in there.
My God, those are some amazing results for us.

Win tomorrow and we're level on points with Spurs and only 3 behind the Manchester clubs.
We still have to do the job tomorrow but seriously don't know how we've turned this around without buying a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio

Win omit row and we're level on points with Spurs and only 3 behind the Manchester clubs.
We still have to do the job tomorrow butI seriously don't know how we've turned this around without buying a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

strong
Original post by Lúcio

Win omit row and we're level on points with Spurs and only 3 behind the Manchester clubs.
We still have to do the job tomorrow butI seriously don't know how we've turned this around without buying a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well we have been quite fortunate that everyone else has decided to be **** when Rodgers left and Klopp arrived.
A win tomorrow and we are only 6 points off the leaders! The best thing is we have played most our games against the top 6 away from home and we've been able to take points of them too. Makes the second half of the season slightly easier, considering how well we perform in the second half of the season no reason why we can't be in contention for first place. Easier said than done though...
Original post by The.Joker
A win tomorrow and we are only 6 points off the leaders! The best thing is we have played most our games against the top 6 away from home and we've been able to take points of them too. Makes the second half of the season slightly easier, considering how well we perform in the second half of the season no reason why we can't be in contention for first place. Easier said than done though...

We were only six points off the pace last week.

But I agree, these results are playing into our hands if we can take advantage tomorrow. The first goal is crucial, though.

If Newcastle get that first goal, you can imagine them scrapping for it with the crowd behind them. If we get it, and the Newcastle fans and players get their heads down, you have a feeling another drubbing could be on.
Original post by The.Joker

Thing is that our away form has been so damn good that i'm actually a little disappointed we won't be able to play our rivals again in their stadiums :tongue:

You're right though; hardest games of the season all out of the way and potential to strengthen in the january window? Things are looking so so good.
My only concern is that we burn out towards the end of the season. I'm not sure on Klopp's record for season endings but his high energy game is new to a lot of our players so i'm slightly worried that we won't be able to keep it up for the entire campaign.
Original post by Mackay
But I agree, these results are playing into our hands if we can take advantage tomorrow. The first goal is crucial, though.

If Newcastle get that first goal, you can imagine them scrapping for it with the crowd behind them. If we get it, and the Newcastle fans and players get their heads down, you have a feeling another drubbing could be on.

Don't say this often to one of your posts but I respectfully disagree.

Newcastle are the absolute worst team in the league at holding leads and recently we've been excellent at pulling them back - Bordeaux, Chelsea, Soton, etc...
If we start poorly, Newcastle scoring will kick us in to gear so either way i'm not gonna get worried unless it gets to 80 mins and we aren't winning.

Problem for Newcastle is that I don't think they can afford to settle for a draw. They're in such a bad position with such terrible momentum that they desperately need a win to kickstart a rebirth of form. A scrappy draw against one of the best teams in the league wouldn't be terrible but considering their circumstances they really need to be getting a win.
That plays very nicely in to our hands.
(edited 8 years ago)
Chelsea lose too so only Arsenal and Leicester pick up points today.

A win tomorrow and we get even closer to the pack at the top. Hoping the lads don't bottle it!

Some of the guys above us play each other before Xmas so should be a few more dropped points in the coming weeks.

Latest