The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EvasiveRose
Read through them in preparation for you interview :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by not you
Take paper copies with you to Oxford, but you won't need to bring them into the interview room with you

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRKinder
Wouldn't have thought so, I know a guy who recently graduated from E&M and he said they'll probably give you a pen and paper for some of the more mathsy questions but he didn't mention anything about a calculator.

Okay thank you for this!
Original post by Lainathiel
Well, elephants are the best. :wink: Well done for the interview; where is it? I'm sorry about Oxford - it's nothing against you though, as they had so many applicants, it's crazy! I never realised there were so many until they said in the email! I applied to Oxford, Imperial, Edinburgh and Bristol. Apparently we hear back from Imperial today, eep.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, it's at Manchester.

I'm not really disappointed I knew I had little chance at Oxford anyway.

Imperial said they would slowly start announcing it from yesterday, but I'm not sure if they have done it yet? We'll just have to wait I guess..
Reply 9084
Does anonybody have Some last tips for the PPE interviews ??
Got one at Univ
Since most people get two interviews at their first choice college, does anyone know what the difference is between those interviews? Would I be correct in assuming that one is more about yourself and your personal statement whilst the other is more about your problem solving skills? I'm applying for Computer Science btw.
Original post by Il Faraone
Since most people get two interviews at their first choice college, does anyone know what the difference is between those interviews? Would I be correct in assuming that one is more about yourself and your personal statement whilst the other is more about your problem solving skills? I'm applying for Computer Science btw.

I have two interviews at Christ church for chemistry, one is with a physical chemist and an inorganic chemist, whilst the other interview is an inorganic guy and an organic person. So for me I'm assuming its testing my knowledge of all the branches in both my interviews. There'll be problem solving in both and probably not too much PS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from trinity yet?? Waiting to hear for an interview between the 14th-16th
Original post by Bobbyjones1985
Has anyone heard from trinity yet?? Waiting to hear for an interview between the 14th-16th

Omg, someone in my shoes! I'm going to email them tomorrow night. I'm applying for Materials, what about you? You should probably do the same as what I will do. My private school friends have all heard back, but they heard back last in their school. Maybe they take longer for state schools? (Theres nothing to back this idea)
(edited 8 years ago)
Anybody here for Computer Science at Keble?
Original post by sqr00t
Omg, someone in my shoes! I'm going to email them tomorrow night. I'm applying for Materials, what about you? You should probably do the same as what I will do. My private school friends have all heard back, but they heard back last in their school. Maybe they take longer for state schools? (Theres nothing to back this idea)

Heard from Trinity on Thursday for Materials, you should hear soon!
Original post by goatoncrack
Heard from Trinity on Thursday for Materials, you should hear soon!

Did you get in?
Anybody going to be at Brasenose 6th-9th? Quite scary to think that in around 24 hours I'll be down there, so excited! :biggrin:

I will be getting there on the 8th so I might see you round!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Henzbhss
Did you get in?

I got an interview if thats what you mean?
Original post by thehollowcrown
I will be getting there on the 8th so I might see you round!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool, see you there!

Also does anyone know if we have access to computers?
Cool, see you there!

Also does anyone know if we have access to computers?

There will be wifi access - if you go to the Porter's Lodge (ie reception) they will give you a code. You can bring your own laptop or other devices but we advise keeping them secure as there will be a lot of people coming and going - we are vigilant against opportunist thefts but don't leave valuables lying around.
Original post by Penelope..
Hey, I'm new here! I''ll be at Merton from the 8th to the 11th for Classics and Italian. How is everyone feeling?

Hi! I'm there on those days at St Hugh's for Law :smile: What college are you at?
Original post by connieiscrazy
Hi! I'm there on those days at St Hugh's for Law :smile: What college are you at?

How are you feeling for the Law interview/how is prep going? I'm there next week too, at St Peter's.
Original post by connieiscrazy

I'm at St Hugh's too for Law!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SKDhaliwal
How are you feeling for the Law interview/how is prep going? I'm there next week too, at St Peter's.

Hi :smile: Are you there for Law? It's going well, I don't want to over-prepare however. I want to sound natural and spontaneous and completely myself in the interview. I'm just re-reading a book I mentioned in my PS, thinking about some practice questions and reading news articles about my subject. How is your prep going?
Original post by GeorgiaAnnBeal
I'm at St Hugh's too for Law!Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg that's so exciting, I've finally found a St Hugh's lawyer! We might see each other! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending