The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can honestly see Wenger moving for Messi in January so we have more depth in the squad

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/70719/
Original post by swirly
wonder if Leicester is the new hipster team for continental football fans to support, like Dortmund and Atleti :holmes:

It's actually Arsenal

75% of continentals at my uni were sympathetic. Holland 33pc, Germany 50/50 AFC/LFC
(edited 8 years ago)
Slept through the game so have no idea how we played, but happy with the 3 points. Especially with teams around us dropping points as well.
Original post by sr90
8 goals and assists so far, an excellent record.

5 goals, pretty much all pens = fraud.

Anyone else buzzing that Santi is out for 3 months? Ramsey looked vastly superior in the middle today, absolutely fantastic player who can bring Giroud into the game even further. Poor overall performance, Bellerin had a shocker, so much so that I'd suggest dropping him after Olympiakos, caught out of position sooooo many times, in no man's land 90% of the time, poor awareness and positioning, his pace covers up many of his flaws. He's been very solid on the most part so hopefully he just had a poor game, because it really was a stinker.
Cech bailed us out tbh, superb from him, nice finish from Campbell too
Original post by leinad2012
5 goals, pretty much all pens = fraud.

Anyone else buzzing that Santi is out for 3 months? Ramsey looked vastly superior in the middle today, absolutely fantastic player who can bring Giroud into the game even further. Poor overall performance, Bellerin had a shocker, so much so that I'd suggest dropping him after Olympiakos, caught out of position sooooo many times, in no man's land 90% of the time, poor awareness and positioning, his pace covers up many of his flaws. He's been very solid on the most part so hopefully he just had a poor game, because it really was a stinker.
Cech bailed us out tbh, superb from him, nice finish from Campbell too

Is Cazorla a fraud too then? He almost never scores from open play.
Original post by sr90

Him playing in a deeper role instead of no 10 is pretty much why
Loved Arsenal fans saying Hazard only ever scores from penalties for the last two season shen every Cazorla goal last season was one. Good Premier League player, but will never be a Champions League level one.
Original post by sr90

Yes.
Cazorla is a CM though, he is hardly going to get as much chances from open play than players who play further forward.
Original post by The Shed End
Loved Arsenal fans saying Hazard only ever scores from penalties for the last two season shen every Cazorla goal last season was one. Good Premier League player, but will never be a Champions League level one.

Hazard plays on the wing or in behind the striker, he should be scoring/assisting from open play and not scoring all his goals from pens. Cazorla is playing CM/DLP hence not scoring much at all beyond pens, I wouldn't be expecting him to really.

Depends what you mean by CL level...he's probably not CL winner quality but he's certainly not average by CL standards.
Original post by Pete_91
Hazard plays on the wing or in behind the striker, he should be scoring/assisting from open play and not scoring all his goals from pens. Cazorla is playing CM/DLP hence not scoring much at all beyond pens, I wouldn't be expecting him to really.

Depends what you mean by CL level...he's probably not CL winner quality but he's certainly not average by CL standards.

He simply doesn't perform in the Champioms League, the weaknesses in his game are more obvious and he fails to make any impression against the big teams.
Leicester are doing really well for them to be top. But they're next 4 fixtures are against, Chelsea, Everon, Liverpool then Man City. If they could get at least 7 points from those fixtures I'll be impressed.
Santi is a world class you don't just get 77 Spain caps for nothing
Original post by sr90

cazorla annoyingly always seems to be scoring from open play for Spain.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Leicester are doing really well for them to be top. But they're next 4 fixtures are against, Chelsea, Everon, Liverpool then Man City. If they could get at least 7 points from those fixtures I'll be impressed.

They'll beat Chelsea, Mou can't resist a jibe at ranieri like he did in Italy and that'll go against him. Everton, at least a draw, Liverpool, more beatable if match is at anfield, city, they've been a bit weak recently.
Original post by iamthetruth
Santi is a world class you don't just get 77 Spain caps for nothing

Not only is he crucial to your play, but he's crucial to Ozil's play.

No two players have interchanged more passes in 2015/16 than that pair, but Ozil rose to the occasion well without his partner in crime today. A really good result for Arsenal after a week where all the talk was of how they would struggle.
Reply 896
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Slept through the game so have no idea how we played, but happy with the 3 points. Especially with teams around us dropping points as well.

Tend to always go north bank - got tickets for the clock end this time. Swear it's quieter than the north bank.

Atmosphere in general is a ****ing disgrace - I really do miss Highbury

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really do feel for Ox, you can see how much confidence he's lacking. Doesn't even attempt to take players on any more. I really do hope he snaps out of it - there will come a time when he'll shine imo.
Reply 897
Ramsey, I felt, played well today, should have had a hat trick.

What's the update on Jack, anyone know? Will easily slot in to our team tbh, especially with Santi out. I presume Aaron would go central and Jack will play on the right.

Özil is just magnificent, but it's getting boring saying that. @sr90 @Sr90 Sucks BBC @sr90isafaggot
Original post by SA-1
Tend to always go north bank - got tickets for the clock end this time. Swear it's quieter than the north bank.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really do feel for Ox, you can see how much confidence he's lacking. Doesn't even attempt to take players on any more. I really do hope he snaps out of it - there will come a time when he'll shine imo.

Ngl, gutted I never went to Highbury. I love the allure of old stadiums. I managed to get to Filbert Street, Maine Road, Burnden Park and Highfield Road during my childhood with my dad and brother, but I loved the Subutteo-esque nature of Highbury. It was so small and compact.
Original post by SA-1

Hahaha I meant that I literally slept through it. Had rugby in the morning and was exhausted. Didn't have a ticket for today anyway so it was sweet.

Imo Clock End has a good atmosphere too - best in the ground outside of North Bank. I normally stand there as you can tell by my name and back of blocks 25, 26, 27 are particularly lively. Rocking for big games.

Latest